Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 181 to 240 of 339
  1. #181

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    But shouldn't those negative opinions be based on substance? That's the problem that I have with his comment.

    I understand exactly what lomaniac is saying. Someone comes in to a thread with the sole intention of saying "This is a designer fragrance, and designer fragrances are soooooo beneath me". That's why I pointed out how obnoxious and uncalled for the comment was, and then others joined in as well. If he knows of what he is speaking, then fine. I'll welcome the comment and/or any negative criticism. But to comment in a thread with the only purpose of tooting his own horn about how superior his nose is because he "only appreciates niche" is insulting to those who like and enjoy designer scents.
    First of all, thanks for the kind words SF. I apologize for my snarky comment.

    The thing is, this isn't an entirely original fragrance. I'm guessing Oslo has tried Dior Homme, and probably DHI, hence, he's not excited about this one. If I don't like Bleu de Chanel, should I be optimistic about the Bleu de Chanel EDP?

    For many of us, designer fragrances are in decline. I can probably count on one hand the designer fragrances from the last 10 years that I feel are worth the asking price. The same goes for all types of art. I look at the Billboard top 40 music charts, and there's nothing there for me. Movies - did anyone see the last Transformers film? This isn't snobbery, or elitism, it's personal opinion. I for one am very excited about Dior Homme Parfum, but I don't mind if others aren't.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 22nd August 2014 at 01:18 AM.

  2. #182

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    With all of this discussion... I know that I want to purchase this as quick as possible... I just can't wait.... I know I will enjoy this for sure Hednic!!!

  3. #183

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    I will buy this as soon as it hits the stores here. Absolutely love DH and DHI.

  4. #184

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Thanks to all for the reviews! This sounds absolutely wonderful, and it's now on the top of my "To Buy" list.

    I'll be traveling to Dubai next week, so hopefully I'll get my hands on it there. Apart from the airport Duty Free, can you guys recommend spots where I could possibly find one?

  5. #185

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    I am sold by your description. I would buy 2 bottles once it reaches my area.
    Glad to hear it, I await your impressions upon experiencing the delights of this composition.


    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    If I take into account which masterpiece Demachy made for Acqua di Parma, which is Colonia Intensa Oud, where oud and leather play major roles.

    So now he walks the leather and oud path again and mixes it with DHI...

    This has to be a deadly concoction.
    It's a clever fragrance, for sure. The leather and oud aren't front and centre (which I dislike in a lot of other frags) but play supporting roles that really flesh out the lower end. It's the rose thats the star here in my opinion, it really works so well with the almost 3D iris and creates such a nice high end vibe.


    Quote Originally Posted by dmckean44 View Post
    Crap... now I need a yacht.

  6. #186
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Weed pour Homme View Post
    Thanks to all for the reviews! This sounds absolutely wonderful, and it's now on the top of my "To Buy" list.

    I'll be traveling to Dubai next week, so hopefully I'll get my hands on it there. Apart from the airport Duty Free, can you guys recommend spots where I could possibly find one?
    Fairly certain it's exclusive to France atm.

  7. #187
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chesterfield
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    I'm very excited to try this. DHI is one of my all time favourites.

  8. #188

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Negative opinions are just as valid as positive.
    Neither are valid if not informed. Aspersions cast as widely as possible on a product class literally thousands of examples deep seems nowhere near informed.

  9. #189

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    An update from Australia. I visited the David Jones department store in Melbourne today and they have the parfum for sale already, but no tester until later next week.

    Cost was $160 for 75ml.

  10. #190

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by killua View Post
    An update from Australia. I visited the David Jones department store in Melbourne today and they have the parfum for sale already, but no tester until later next week.

    Cost was $160 for 75ml.
    Wow, that is a crazy price. Are all frags around that level in Aus?

  11. #191

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    lot of hype on this one...i hope it delivers

  12. #192

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    Wow, that is a crazy price. Are all frags around that level in Aus?
    All frags are fairly expensive here, but I suppose looking @ the French Sephora site, I see DHP is 102 Euros, or AUD$144, so it's not TOO bad a markup on a brand new frag. Well, not too bad for Australia.

    Just a shame that it will never be below that price in Aussie brick and mortar stores. Our department stores never put the decent frags on sale (even at Boxing Day it's 10% of celebriscents only).

  13. #193

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    The wait is killing me!!! I want this now!!!

  14. #194

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    What has got better longevity sillage/projection, Le Male or Dior Home Intense ? Thanks!!

  15. #195

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Imo le male id stronger.

  16. #196

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan123 View Post
    What has got better longevity sillage/projection, Le Male or Dior Home Intense ? Thanks!!
    Le Male all the way, but IMO Dior is just a wonderful mature and elegant scent...they are very different😃
    Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

  17. #197

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Blind bought this today - $138 shipped ain't too bad, I guess.

    Kilua you're lucky to live near a well-stocked DJ's. Went in to ask yesterday at the Canberra Centre store, and the fragrance rep in charge of Dior had never heard of it, and she'd just had training last month where they outlined the upcoming releases!

    After showing her a pic proving that no, I did not mean DHI, it seems that we're not getting it any time soon, hence the blind buy.

  18. #198

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Where from mate ?, I might have to do the same.

  19. #199

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Website Cityperfume.com.au.

    $160 as with DJs as killua reported, but use the discount code CPERFUME for 20% off.
    Shipping is $8.95, so shipped it's $137.95.

    Not too shabby.

  20. #200

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    I love Dior Homme edt.
    Dior Homme Intense has it's own charm, but personally I don't like white chocolate on me and this seen too sweet and irritating to me.

    Dior Homme edt. is almost perfect. I wonder - would I like perfume, if I like edt and don't edt intense.

    I did not like Fahrenheit parfum, Eau Sauvage Parfum.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

    Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

  21. #201

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamerII View Post
    I love Dior Homme edt.
    Dior Homme Intense has it's own charm, but personally I don't like white chocolate on me and this seen too sweet and irritating to me.

    Dior Homme edt. is almost perfect. I wonder - would I like perfume, if I like edt and don't edt intense.

    I did not like Fahrenheit parfum, Eau Sauvage Parfum.
    I'm going to write this in tiny tiny letters so as not to derail the hype train: Stick with EdT. It's better, in my opinion, and doesn't having any of the 'cloying' notes that might prove problematic.

  22. #202
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Got to try this yesterday - it's release in Oslo / Norway is September 1.

    It's a Dior Homme with WAY more longevity, but it's also sweeter - like WAY sweeter. My girlfriend instantly disliked it after I had sampled it for a couple of hours - which kind of frustrates me because I liked it. Do I like it as I like DHI? No - it's got no vanilla cocoa sweetness, but instead something vague and somewhat ambery warm that doesn't really sit good with people I spend time around.

    So - will I buy it? I will sample it for sure again next week, to make up my mind. I'm kind of a Dior-fanboy, so I should get it just for the collection. Then again - I don't really like owning something I wont really wear (looking at you, Dior Homme Sport).

  23. #203

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    My girlfriend instantly disliked it

  24. #204
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Yeah I know its hard for some to grasp that I dont want to wear a fragrance the person I love the most in the world doesn't really like. I should just wear it because i halfways like it and ignorere her in the name of egoism.

    Or is this disbelief that someone coludnt like the parfum edition of homme? I should add that the lady has a nose far more sensible than me, and in general dislikes sweeter Scents. Not crazy for them myself. I find the edt version toned down in sweetness more to my liking.
    Last edited by hreple; 30th August 2014 at 12:56 PM.

  25. #205

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    Yeah I know its hard for some to grasp that I dont want to wear a fragrance the person I love the most in the world doesn't really like. I should just wear it because i halfways like it and ignorere her in the name of egoism.
    Your interpretation of the picture is wrong.

    DHI is for a lot of people an amazing compliment getter, especially from the ladies.

    That's also the case for me.

    I am expecting this to be a more masculine DHI, but still liked by the ladies.

    The fact that your girlfriend doesn't like it is not a good sign.

    That's me in the picture, LOL.

  26. #206

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    I should add that the lady has a nose far more sensible than me, and in general dislikes sweeter Scents.
    Does she like your Eau Sauvage Parfum?

  27. #207
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Does she like your Eau Sauvage Parfum?
    Better than this one, but not that much, no. That bottle was a gift for my mother, though. Huge difference right there.

    She really doesn't like sweet scents, not on me and not on her. She's also scarred for life by living in the same city as a huge production of vanelin - vanilla-subsitute - and because of that can't handle vanilla scents, not on her or me (sadly - I find them kinda awesome). So I don't use my Musc Ravageur much, and because I love her, I have to keep a lid on some of the fragrances that are heavy on sweets.

    I suspect the ladies will like DHP just as they like other Dior Homme flankers. This one is just pretty darn sweet. Have to resample, though.
    Last edited by hreple; 30th August 2014 at 01:43 PM.

  28. #208

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    It isn't really very sweet. If it were, my bottle would be on eBay by now.

  29. #209
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Might just be sweet on my skin then. Strange. A retest is in order anyways since I'd really like to add this it my Dior collection. Hopefully it'll be released in a 50 ml as well as a 100 like the one I saw in the store.

  30. #210

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    Might just be sweet on my skin then. Strange. A retest is in order anyways since I'd really like to add this it my Dior collection. Hopefully it'll be released in a 50 ml as well as a 100 like the one I saw in the store.
    There is some sweetness to be sure - I wouldn't call it dry. I just had another sniff to remind myself. It is definitely sweeter than Dior Homme EdT, and a tad sweeter than DHI, at least 'straight out the bottle', but nowhere near as sweet as Valentino Uomo.

    By the way, I think this just comes in a 75ml bottle.

  31. #211

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Website Cityperfume.com.au.

    $160 as with DJs as killua reported, but use the discount code CPERFUME for 20% off.
    Shipping is $8.95, so shipped it's $137.95.

    Not too shabby.
    Thank you both for the info. Just ordered mine for $156
    My crystal flacon page: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=648

    My top 10:

    1) Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    2) SHL Black Gemstone
    3) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    4) Amouage Jubilation XXV
    5) Morabito Or Black
    6) House of Matriarch Blackbird
    7) Puredistance M
    8) Armani Bois d'Encens
    9) Turtle Vetiver Back
    10) Hermes Bel Ami

  32. #212

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Can someone remind me when this comes out in the USA ? I am wetting my pants in anticipation.

  33. #213
    Super Member LJD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Carribean
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Just sampled it...

    Dior is most probably my favorite fragrance house and I really love the Dior Homme Line ; yet I won't add the Parfum to my wardrobe.
    Too sweet and cloying for my place...this great fragrance just Needs cold/cool weather.

    I can really enjoy Eau Sauvage Parfum and Fahrenheit Parfum just fine on (my) fall/winter evenings here in the Tropics...DHI is a much much better option for my location...and all the above mentionned are far less sweet/gourmand/cloying for me.

    I have no doubt those of you living in a place with real fall/winter will greatly enjoy this great release from Dior !

    Regards,
    LJD

  34. #214

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    I picked this up 2 weeks ago from Sephora France and it arraived 2 days later to london. I took it to my local Fenwicks Dior counter and the females loved it (thought it was fake at first because it's not even on diors website). I think it needs to be colder to wear this its not as sweet and light as the dior Homme and intense but thicker and like a 80% chocolate bar which is dark and bitter. The bottle is thick glass like the Gucci pour homme and houses 75ml parfum whereas the DHI has 100ml yet is the exact same size bottle with thinner glass to squeeze the extra 25ml.

  35. #215

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyb50 View Post
    I took it to my local Fenwicks Dior counter and the females loved it (thought it was fake at first because it's not even on diors website).
    Why did you take it to Fenwick's? Seems rather an odd thing to do.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

  36. #216
    Dependent CHSeifert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,840

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    France only, I'm afraid.
    No they ship to Western Europe too. I have ordered from their shop twice. Among others the Pure malt and Pure Havane, which were both available all the time the 'news' of limited editions of Pure Malt and Pure havane were the news on this site........
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

  37. #217

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    There is some sweetness to be sure - I wouldn't call it dry. I just had another sniff to remind myself. It is definitely sweeter than Dior Homme EdT, and a tad sweeter than DHI, at least 'straight out the bottle'.
    Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    Just sampled it...

    Dior is most probably my favorite fragrance house and I really love the Dior Homme Line ; yet I won't add the Parfum to my wardrobe.
    Too sweet and cloying for my place...this great fragrance just Needs cold/cool weather.
    Hmm, that's a concern as I'm often intolerant of sweetness in scents, although for DHI it was the vanilla overdose that put me off. If it is a balanced ambery sweetness it may work for autumn/winter.
    Just say no to oniomania.

  38. #218

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    Hmm, that's a concern as I'm often intolerant of sweetness in scents, although for DHI it was the vanilla overdose that put me off. If it is a balanced ambery sweetness it may work for autumn/winter.
    I find the drydown has about the same sweetness level as DHI. I managed to wear it in a UK summer without finding it cloying, but doubtless it would be better suited to cooler temperatures.

  39. #219

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    It sounded like a cool weather scent anyway. I can deal with sweetness that is balanced by a dryness like I find in things like Ambre Sultan or even LIDGE. Will definitely sample rather than blind buy. Still intrigued this and it sounds like a better fit for me than DHI.
    Just say no to oniomania.

  40. #220

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Dior homme parfum and Dior homme instense side by side
    Attached Images Attached Images

  41. #221

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    I finally tried DHP on the skin today... it is a monster and of very high quality.
    I don't own a bottle of DH or DHI, so I am no expert, but to me, DHP was very different to both.

    As it dried down, what I actually started to pickup was a similarity to M7 (2002) and Fahrenheit Parfum (2014).
    I realise that my nose is probably honing in on the oud in the base, but FP & DHP left me thinking how far ahead of their time YSL were when they launched M7 in 2002.

  42. #222

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Can someone remind me when this comes out in the USA ? I am wetting my pants in anticipation.
    Yeah does anyone know if it will be available in the Dior NYC

  43. #223

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Website Cityperfume.com.au.

    $160 as with DJs as killua reported, but use the discount code CPERFUME for 20% off.
    Shipping is $8.95, so shipped it's $137.95.

    Not too shabby.
    They do ship to the U.S. and the coupon still works, so it came to $156.35. It will probably take a few weeks as it usually does from Australia.

  44. #224

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    I'm a huge DH/DHI fanboy … I've got so many bottles for no apparent reason. I stocked up like a crazy squirrel in the winter. I don't like the Eau for men or the new cologne (loved the original cologne) I like the sport (don't love it) …. so I was very sceptical when I saw another flanker. This one did not disappoint at all. Nothing will beat DHI and DH to me but this stuff is good.
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Hermes Un Jardin Méditerranée
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

    Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q

  45. #225

    Thumbs up Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    I love it. It remembers me Guerlain SHALIMAR
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

  46. #226
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    79,760

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Actually am beginning to like this even more than DH and DHI.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  47. #227

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyb50 View Post
    Dior homme parfum and Dior homme instense side by side
    Thank You for this picture Mike!!!

  48. #228

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Actually am beginning to like this even more than DH and DHI.
    A fellow Basenoter was kind enough to send me a sample, and I have to agree with you. This one is a very nice ,rich, full bodied leather. The iris is there, albeit toned down a bit, while the sandalwood is also a noticeable and prevalent player. This is the most masculine smelling of the Dior Homme line that I have smelled, so anyone concerned about it smelling too feminine need not worry, this one is for a well groomed man out for an expensive night on the town. It has a bit of a playful side, but definitely strikes me as a a more mature than casual scent. Overall, I personally like it the best in the Dior Homme line.

  49. #229

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    So eager to try this one.

  50. #230

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    My retailer had it for sale when I passed by yesterday. I didn't even notice it was there but the SA remembered that I asked when they'd get it and brought me a sample strip without me asking for it.

    Another SA asked me if I wore DHI in the past and how I think this compares to the rest of the line.

    In my opinion this is a very interesting take on Dior Homme. For me, DH and DHI have always been 2 completely different fragrances. Dior Homme Parfum is a higher concentrated and more intense DH that's been added a slight bit of playfulness from DHI. Very classy and not cloying.

    This is my favourite Dior fragrance.

  51. #231

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    My bottle is currently making it's way from Sephora.fr (thanks to the kind person above who shared the lucky25 discount) and has an estimated delivery of tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait, will hopefully be my SOTD for the England match at Wembley

  52. #232

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Potency update. I wore 3 sprays yesterday and am comparing with 3 sprays of DHI today. Parfum is definitely stronger in both projection and longevity. Will go with 2 sprays next time. I think it's a bit deceptive, being all about the basenotes.

  53. #233
    Dependent Arij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    This one is a very nice ,rich, full bodied leather. The iris is there, albeit toned down a bit, while the sandalwood is also a noticeable and prevalent player.... Overall, I personally like it the best in the Dior Homme line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Souryu View Post
    This is my favourite Dior fragrance.
    Enough with the teasing already... I want to get my nose on this ASAP!

  54. #234

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Ok, so I visited a perfume shop today to sniff around and to my surprise, they had Dior Homme Parfum.
    I was the first one that wanted to try it according to the SA.
    She sprayed DHP 3 times on a scent strip and gave it to me.
    Let me start by saying that I'm a huge DHI fan.
    DHI was a fast decision. Scent strip. Test on skin. Buy. All in 15 minutes.
    Dior Homme Parfum completely blew my mind... because of how ridiculously underwhelming it is to me.
    All I'm smelling is a butchering of DHI where the gourmand aspects are completely taken away.
    The iris topnotes are faint and paired with something I almost perceive as oldmanish.
    It's not sexy or seductive to me.
    I kept smelling the test strip for a long time but nothing happened.
    I didn't even want to try it on my skin.
    To make things even worse, the (female) SA didn't like it either. She hated it.
    To add even more insult to injury, the Bleu de Chanel EDP made a better impression on me.
    I almost bought it actually.

    I just can't believe that this happened.

  55. #235

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    I think this one changes on skin quite a bit... sometimes it is sweet, sometimes it is dry and woody on my skin. Sometimes it projects, sometimes it stays close to the skin... probably depends on temperature etc.

    On my skin this runs not as sweet (although not by much) as DHI. Not as sparkly as DH nor as smooth as DHI but heavier and richer, rather. I'm still really liking this one, but waiting for fall and winter when I think this will really bloom.

  56. #236
    Basenotes Plus
    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sai Gon, Vietnam
    Posts
    3,044

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Ok, so I visited a perfume shop today to sniff around and to my surprise, they had Dior Homme Parfum.
    I was the first one that wanted to try it according to the SA.
    She sprayed DHP 3 times on a scent strip and gave it to me.
    Let me start by saying that I'm a huge DHI fan.
    DHI was a fast decision. Scent strip. Test on skin. Buy. All in 15 minutes.
    Dior Homme Parfum completely blew my mind... because of how ridiculously underwhelming it is to me.
    All I'm smelling is a butchering of DHI where the gourmand aspects are completely taken away.
    The iris topnotes are faint and paired with something I almost perceive as oldmanish.
    It's not sexy or seductive to me.
    I kept smelling the test strip for a long time but nothing happened.
    I didn't even want to try it on my skin.
    To make things even worse, the (female) SA didn't like it either. She hated it.
    To add even more insult to injury, the Bleu de Chanel EDP made a better impression on me.
    I almost bought it actually.

    I just can't believe that this happened.
    May I ask where you found DH parfum in the states?

  57. #237

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    May I ask where you found DH parfum in the states?
    I tried it in Belgium.

  58. #238
    Basenotes Plus
    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sai Gon, Vietnam
    Posts
    3,044

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    I tried it in Belgium.
    Cool thanks.

  59. #239

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    I kept smelling the test strip for a long time but nothing happened.
    I didn't even want to try it on my skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    I think this one changes on skin quite a bit...
    gtsb is right. I don't think you can get an accurate assessment of a fragrance by smelling it on a test strip. How it reacts to and evolves on skin is EVERYTHING.

  60. #240

    Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    ...waiting for fall and winter when I think this will really bloom.
    Agreed. Also I find this behaves a bit like Valentino Uomo, in that the initial sweetness recedes after the first hour or so; initial impressions may mislead.

Similar Threads

  1. Heritage and Dior Homme - Eau de Parfum question
    By jellybean1973 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24th November 2007, 11:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •