Code of Conduct

Question your favourite male scent to wear

once I knew a girl who wore Tsar by VC&A...have you got a male scent that you wear?

Default Re: your favourite male scent to wear

When I worked at Nordstrom a lot of women wore spice bomb by V&R. I don't typically wear male scents but I've really been enjoying a sample of Aventus. I've also been trying out Atelier Colognes which is unisex.
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

The only one I am wearing is Lorenzo Villoresi Sandalo. Such a great sandalwood cannot be ignored.

Basenotes Plus

I wore Encre Noir for years until it started to make me nauseous. Now I wear Dior Homme Intense, and I see it as a better version of Shalimar Parfum Initial.

Other male scents I recently tried that I liked and would wear: Bel Ami by Hermes and Le Troisieme Homme by Caron.
    “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

I wear Dior Homme regularly, but a large chunk of my wardrobe is unisex.

Basenotes Plus

I own and enjoy quite a few masculines:

Guerlain Habit Rouge, L'Instant Pour Homme and Heritage
    Michael Kors Michael for Men
    Caron Pour un Homme and Third Man
    Boucheron Jaipur Homme
    Penhaligon's Endymion
    Hermes Rocabar
    Coty Wild Woods for Men
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I have many, well in double figures.

Dior Homme(original release)
    Guerlain Heritage, Mouchoir de Monsieur
    MPG Blu Iris Gris, Eau des Illes
    Changel Pour Monsieur
    Boucheron Jaipur Homme
    Caron Third Man, Pour Homme
    Creed, Santal Original, Santal Imperiale, Green Valley,Bois du Portgual
    Penhaligons, Hammam Bouquet, LPno9, Baladin

I am sure I have more but can't think at the moment.
    DONNA

I'm another one who doesn't generally believe in gender in fragrance, but there are definately some exceptions, in my view, based on our (modern) ideas about tradition! I wear a lot of fragrances marketed to men too, and then I also have androgynous ones. Like several of the other girls, one of my favourites is Dior Homme. I also love Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Eau des Iles but I haven't bought it yet. I LOVE to wear Chanel Pour Monsieur. I think that it is so chic on a woman. I would wear just about any leather or tobacco fragrance. My only O'Driu is Linfidele 1003, which was supposed to be the masculine version of the two Linfidele's.

Oh yes, and Blenheim Bouquet and some other Penhaligon's.

Among the very few that I wouldn't wear is Xerjoff Casamorati Fiero. It is so beautiful and so masculine.

thank you all, for your contributions!

I often wear Eau Sauvage in the summer months and
    Dior Homme in the autumn.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I wear quite a lot of officially masculine scents:

Givenchy Gentleman
    Bottega Veneta pour Homme
    Cassini for men
    Eau Sauvage
    Fahrenheit
    Paco Rabanne original
    Molinard Madrigal
    Monsieur de Givenchy
    Lancome Sagamore
    Xeryus
    Eau des Baux
    Spicebomb

and I sneak some Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Green Irish Tweed or Terre d'Hermes from the John Lewis display any time I can too- I just can't afford to buy any of them.

I disagree with the vast majority of the gender demarcations that the designers put on scents. I get so many compliments wearing Givenchy Gentleman or Paco Rabanne (which most people say ought to only be worn by old men) that clearly lots of people agree with me. Blind sniffing on another person is clearly more telling than a sniff from a bottle.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

My favourite 'male' scents, which I preferably wear in Summer, are

Pour un Homme and
    L'Anarchiste

Right now I only own 3 scents that are marketed toward men that I wear, Encre Noir, Series 3 Incense: Kyoto, and Rokka. The bottle of Rokka was actually a large deluxe sample that came with my order of Tiempe Passate from Antonia's Flowers, according to AF it's for men but both my husband I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Feratu View Post
    Right now I only own 3 scents that are marketed toward men that I wear, Encre Noir, Series 3 Incense: Kyoto, and Rokka. The bottle of Rokka was actually a large deluxe sample that came with my order of Tiempe Passate from Antonia's Flowers, according to AF it's for men but both my husband I like it.
    btw..great nick!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Feratu View Post
    That's weird as I think Tiempe Passate can be worn by a man easily

Girlfriend has nicked Declaration Eau Genereuse and was considering Pour un Homme. Since then I wear only Kouros in her presence.

I love Caron: Third Man, L'Anarchiste, Yatagan, I also have Mauboussin M Generation and Philippe Venet Couture Pour Liu.

There are plenty of others I would have no problem wearing, but I don't own them - like Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, M7, Laguna, Rochas Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    That's weird as I think Tiempe Passate can be worn by a man easily
    Yeah, it's "weird" that Antonia's Flowers markets and packages Tiempe Passate as a woman's fragrance despite that it is obviously unisex. Just like the men's cologne sample she sent, Rokka, definitely has strong feminine/unisex appeal, she (Antonia's Flowers) classifies it as masculine. I mean, I am weird and all but I was just going by company information, not my personal feelings, so write them and tell them they're weird.

Eau de Rochas
    Eau Savage
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Jean Laporte Navigateur
    Balenciaga Ho Hang

I'm adding Bois 1920 Real Patchouly as I just got a sample and I'm simply mad over it and must have a full bottle!!

My favourite: Pour Monsieur - Chanel

Last edited by *dora*; 12th August 2014 at 10:32 AM.

I usually consider almost all fragrances as unisex. I don't like sweet powdery scents at all. I like Givenchy Pour Monsieur, Chanel for Gentlemen (vintage) and any vetiver. There is only one fragrance that I own that I consider a true masculine- a vintage z-14. I wear it at home occasionally as an olafactory walk down memory lane. But honestly, I would not wear it in public.
    “Let the beauty we love, be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.” -Rumi

And I am considering blind buying Monsieur Balmain. Have any of you tried it? Too "masculine"?
    “Let the beauty we love, be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.” -Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by sunny82 View Post
    And I am considering blind buying Monsieur Balmain. Have any of you tried it? Too "masculine"?
    Wouldn't have thought so. 'Citruses' were the domain of women years ago.

I smelled 'The Dreamer' on a female acquaintance today and it suited her very well.

I usually consider almost all fragrances as unisex. I don't like sweet powdery scents at all. I like Givenchy Pour Monsieur, Chanel for Gentlemen (vintage) and any vetiver. There is only one fragrance that I own that I consider a true masculine- a vintage z-14. I wear it at home occasionally as an olfactory (used spellcheck!) walk down memory lane. But honestly, I would not wear it in public.

I agree for the most part, especially about powdery scents, blech! There are some perfumes/colognes, however, that do scream, "MEN'S AFTERSHAVE!" like Grey Flannel, Quorum, Drakkar, Aramis, Brut, etc. If a perfume/cologne has too much of that green/fougere note or has this certain intense citrus/soapy aspect, then it goes too far into manly territory for me to wear.

I went through a whole bottle of Zagorsk, and I love Gaultier's Fleur du Male.

I own Chanel Egoiste and Dior homme. I also enjoy Habit rouge, Chanel pour monsieur, M7, Lolita Lempicka au masculine and Tommy. I've orbably forgotten some too.

I've got a mini . It's very lemony and bright as I recall. ......gets up to get mini out of Balmain mini box and re try...
    Back now. No not too masculine. It's like 4711 and lemon oil. Very citrusy and nice. FBW when I get to it.Penhaligon's Castile and a few other men's from the house are sorta similar.
    Now Ebene DOES smell "masculine" aromatic fougere. This one has juniper and Artimisa in it. A Kouros ish feel to it . Frankly, I don't like it . I'm only keeping it for reference.( it's a mini) and of course it's the one to spill down my arm. Ugh! Gotta go scrubb I'm not gonna head to bed stinking of Ebene! It smells too bathroom cleaner-y.
    Fragrance Omnivore

I'd say the majority of mine are male scents anyway!

Egoiste, Guerlain Vetiver, ELO Rien, and Eau d'Hermes-not sure if the latter one is a mens fragrance at all.

I love to wear Terre d'Hermes

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scandalwood View Post
    I love to wear Terre d'Hermes
    Good choice and even better username!

Here are some I enjoy wearing

Kouros
    Habit Rouge
    Eau de Baux
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

I just got a small bottle of vintage Eau Savage. I can definitely smell it as a precursor to Diorella. I will definitely wear it. And I am loving Aventus!