Code of Conduct

Default Re: SOTD: Friday, August 8, 2014

Good morning all,

Lostmarc'h - Ael-Mat for me today.

I am not synching with a scent of seduction this morning, which would be Caron - Le Parfum Sacré vintage, because it is too hot.

Wish you all a lovely Friday!

hello all,
    from a sample

Basenotes Plus

Morning all - I am wearing Jubilation 25 extrait by Amouage today. Not, strictly speaking, a perfume of seduction, but I am dog tired and don't really want to give my husband any ideas......

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Good morning everyone I'm kind of synching today, but in a more polite, workfriendly scent. Sotd is Narciso Rodriguez For her( edt). Have a great day all!

Good morning all! I am back from a short BN vacation, and also from 2 weeks in Europe on a river cruise through Germany and a little time in Wolfie's old neck of the woods (Cz Republic). It was beautiful and relaxing, and a wonderful time! I had spotty and slow internet connection, so was not able to check in. Thank you all for my birthday wishes last week - my trip was a birthday gift from my mother, so I certainly celebrated Here is a little compilation of my photos I made for friends - excuse all the pics of my mother . I am the one at the tennis courts at Roland Garros (of course one of the highlights for me during a very short stay in Paris!)

I'm up early because I am not quite on the correct time yet, so no seductive scent yet for me. I think I will spray a little O de Lancome for some morning yard work, and then go from there after a shower.
    Last edited by cello; 8th August 2014 at 12:28 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Welcome back, Cello and thank you for sharing the spectacular photos.

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine for me.

Happy Friday, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thank you for this lovely video, Cello! It shows parts of the region where I was born and grew up, and it makes me aware of how really homesick I am! Wasn't there for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Thank you for this lovely video, Cello! It shows parts of the region where I was born and grew up, and it makes me aware of how really homesick I am! Wasn't there for two years.
    What a beautiful region to call home, Puma! I already want to go back, as I really was only able to see highlights due to a short stay.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Friday, August 8, 2014

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

My scent of seduction is definitely Dior Homme Intense. Cello, your trip sounds awesome!

Canali for Men

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Yves Saint Laurent Live Jazz today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Institution

ClaireV - your post made me giggle really hard at my office desk, thanks!
    Cello - welcome back sweetie, wow the photos are gorgeous. Lucky you!!

In Sync in, what I consider, one of my 'secret weapons'. (wink, wink)

Cumming by Alan Cumming

It shouldn't surprise me that I'm on my 3rd bottle of this & I am already almost done with it. I'll have to either replace it soon with those outrageously priced bottles you see on eBay ever-so-often, or I might just spring for CBIHP's 'new' version 2nd (Alan) Cumming. We'll see. In the meantime, I smell friggin good.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Mure et Musc Extreme 'cause I gotta get on an airplane today and don't want to kill anyone with allergies, or seduce anyone.

Good morning!

Cello!!! So good to see you! I was out of town last week so missed your birthday, so I'm wishing you a very happy belated birthday.

This morning I sniffed and sniffed what I think of my seduction perfume, Cuir de Russie, but just couldn't bring myself to wear it to work today. So instead I opted for Chanel No.19, another that I think is incredibly sexy yet more work-appropriate.

Mike, glad I got to grab a seat next to you today as I've never smelled that one. *leans in*

Edit: Oops, Robin grabbed that seat while I was typing. Oh well, I have never smelled Mure et Musc Extreme either, another I need to smell, especially cause it's your signature, Robin (or what I think of as your signature).
    Last edited by ErinK; 8th August 2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: typo city, baby! (tweaked Dick Vitale reference)
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

By the way...the shrew/mole whatever it came back this morning making a racket at 4am. Stuck in the same exact spot between the screen and the glass in the window. I didn't have a chance to try and remove it this morning as I woke up a bit late. I'll try to snap a picture so you all know I'm not just going crazy! Animals must just love us Erin, what can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Good morning!
    Last edited by rynegne; 8th August 2014 at 03:11 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Wow. Wow. Wow. Love. Love. Love. Those sights you captured, Cello. Thank you for giving us the experience. That territory is near where my maternal grandmother came from, but even aside from that, the artistry of the architectural features and ornamentation makes me all tipsy and tingly.

Glad you’re back in our BN wine cellar so we can have a proper celebration of your birthday, albeit belatedly. Here, let me pour you something appropriate …

Seduction scent is the easiest selection. Mr. Quarry responds to ICONOfly Attache Moi like no other scent. It's more ambery than I'd choose for August normally, but what the hey.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Cello, thank you for the stunning scenes - I am also an architecture freak like Mrs Q and your post today was an absolute treat. Now we can have a belated birthday celebration this evening - I saved a nice merlot especially .

Wasn't sure what to pick for today so let Jenny decide and she went for ......

So I'm playing at being half Yorkshireman, half Italian (a cross between Michaelangelo and Michael Parkinson ).
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 8th August 2014 at 03:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Cello, welcome back! What a stunning montage you put together, you have a wonderful eye for detail, & l like the slightly tipsy-looking birthday cake. That was very relaxing to watch after a hectic day at work, thank you.

Claire, that's a beautiful picture you posted, l love that kind of thing.

mike, that has to be the best name for a flanker ever.

Jon, that sounds like quite a combination.

l certainly didn't feel like seducing anyone at work today, so l wore Seville a l'Aube. The story behind this one is apparently one of seduction, but to me it's simply a sunny orange blossom with a lovely touch of incense. SOTE is yet to be decided. lt's warmed up again here, but it's horribly grey & humid, which always makes me feel very tired. Maybe l'll be in the mood for seduction after a glass or two of rose...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Asked my husband what to wear for the synch today and he said my most seductive is Acqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. I'm quite happy to always where this as it is one of my top three favorites. It is suppose to be unisex but it is so floral it seems very girly girl to me. Top notes are bergamot and amalfi lemon; middle notes are jasmine, rose and white flowers; base notes are woodsy notes and musk. I think it is the bergamot and jasmine that is the attractoin for me although lately have leaning more toward rose. Whatever! The important thing is I like it a lot and obviously my husband does too.

Cello, thank you so much for sharing your pictures. Your mother is adorable and you are a great photographer.

Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Continued greetings as my wife and I continue to cruise the beautiful Adriatic: Greece, Montenegro, Croatia, and Italy. Tofay I'm wearing Guerlain L'Homme Ideal.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Caron-
    Tabac Blond
    Parfum

Hope you're enjoying your cruise hednic!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Continued greetings as my wife and I continue to cruise the beautiful Adriatic: Greece, Montenegro, Croatia, and Italy. Tofay I'm wearing Guerlain L'Homme Ideal.

Cello, welcome back! I look forward to looking through your photos.

Hednic, that sounds like a wonderful trip.

Good morning and best to all. I can't really sync today, since I'm (ugh) working and also terribly tired, and so I'm not in the mood for anything fun. But I'm wearing my beloved Private Collection. So I still feel like I got lucky, in a certain way.

OK, maybe not seductive, but good anyway - Limed by Madhat Scents.

Trying to synch. Right now it's a decant of TF Velvet Orchid but I kind of want to switch to Shalimar or Lady Vengeance or BaV. Should I?
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

Blog Entries

I actually feel that most of my perfumes, if not all are seductive. Tabac Blond was the first one I really flipped for and it still makes my heart go "pity pat" every time I wear it.

Blog Entries

This evening l've gone for one that recently seduced me; Treazon by Ayala Moriel. A rich & complex tuberose, that's very long-lasting for a natural perfume.

lt's now pouring with rain here, & apparently the remains of hurricane Bertha are headed here this weekend. l guess l spoke too soon about the weather warming up. *Sigh*
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Cello, welcome back and *thank you* for those gorgoeus pics! I hope you had as good a time as it appears - you deserve it! I do believe I'll add to the celebrants and crack an old vines Grenache in honor of your birthday.

Also add me to teardrop's fan-girling of ClaireV's pic post today - luscious and beautiful!

And hednic, enjoy your continued holiday.

In sync today with one of the scents I find most seductive ever, Cristiano Fissore's Cashmere for Women. There is something so deliciously sensual and compelling about it... And very, very seductive. Love love love.

[b]Cashmere for Women notes: Bergamot, jasmine, rose, lily of the valley, amber, cedar, myrrh, vanilla, white musk
    Last edited by ComDiva; 8th August 2014 at 08:00 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Plus

In synch for the evening after getting the seal of approval from "She Who Must Be Obeyed".

Micallef 1707 Noir (sample).

Nice surprise with this one. Despite their undeniable quality Micallef have registered little in the way of success for me so far with Gaiac being my one and only purchase. But this sultry and seductive delight is hitting all the right spots - dark, sweet and velvety with a little spice. Qualifies for the synch without question and could well be a future wardrobe addition. Impressed .

Just popping in to wish Cello a belated Happy Bithday. Many Happy returns dear Cello, and thank you for the lovely show. Synched earlier in Coco. Have a nice weekend those of you who are off, and a fast one for those who are working!

Blog Entries

Hednic, did you sail past Rovinj, on the west coast of Istria? My parents come from there, when it was Italian, and called Rovigno.

SotD was L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger.

Today we attended the East Coast Gem, Mineral and Fossil Show. It's always the second weekend in August and a family tradition since our daughter was young. The very large specimens are always fun to look at, but I was a little disappointed that Pala International wasn't there this time. I only bought 3 furnace glass beads; most of our display space is filled up already.

My car is finally fixed up after 5+ weeks in the body shop. (Yay!) Hubby and I are driving to get it tomorrow morning.

Polo Red by RL