Code of Conduct

Default Erolfa is wonderful

Erolfa doesn't seem to be discussed very often. I've been anticipating for weeks, and my hopes were not set high.

The more I smell it, the less I understand it, but that said, I love it. I'm not an expert, (or an amateur even) but this strikes me as one well-blended fragrance. Easily the most sophisticated summery fragrance, crushing things like l'eau d'issey under its feet.

Longevity, however, is derp. I wouldn't mind applying often, however.

I'm finally blown away by a Creed fragrance, just after I was done being butthurt about Aventus batch variations.

Any of you fans of Erolfa?

Default Re: Erolfa is wonderful

Like it, although the longevity is admittedly frustrating, so I question the retail cost of it.

When I think of Erolfa, I always think about a review I read of it here by DULLAH. It's an interesting read and worth seeking out. Basically, there is much more to Erolfa than there seems.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...erruti-TheVert

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

it would be wonderful if it lasted more than half an hour!

I obtained a sample of it and I really like it. To me, it seems like Erolfa is the "skeleton" of Millesime Imperial, like a deconstructed version of it, without the fruit notes. They are both great.

I think it is a nice scent. Not anywhere near bad, but not anything I need to go out of my way to own. But I can see how some would really like it.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Basenotes Plus

I felt Erolfa was underwhelming at first because of its uncanny resemblance to a Tommy Hilfiger fragrance. I can't remember which one (maybe tommy) but when you give it a chance it's quite stunning in its own right. Far too often I see members go too far in criticizing this fragrance, bottom line: Would you like to smell like this? For me the answer is yes
    Seasonal rotation:

Original Santal
    Dior Homme
    Ambre Topkapi
    Rose 31
    Green Irish Tweed

I like it very much. It reminds me of a fresh, salty, ocean breeze. I have no problems with longevity and sillage. One of the best marine scent imo.

I love EROLFA. To me it has some aspects of GIT (green notes) , MI (drydown almost identifical) and even VIW (lime). A beautiful masterpiece that should be tried by everyone.

Own and love it. Always been a favorite of mine, but it does take a thrashing on BN.

Nice fragrace. Have a decent amount left. Summer gem that I use quite a lot.

Nice enough, but it has changed from its original formula into something a bit weaker than it used to be. It's never been terribly impressive to me overall.

Own it and love it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm a big fan and think it's one of the more underrated Creeds out there. It's perfect for summer. You're right, the performance is not the greatest, but a lot of citrusy aquatics are lacking in that department. It makes me think about a family vacation we took at a resort, and I brought this with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    Longevity, however, is derp
    I wonder if you're having trouble smelling the musk note in Erolfa, or maybe you get olfactory fatigue from it (that wouldn't be surprising since Erolfa evolves into such a simple but lovely sweet-ish musky accord).

On my skin, longevity is excellent, but - and this is a big but (I like big buts and I cannot lie) - but, Erolfa is basically two different scents in one bottle. The first scent is the aquatic top. The second is the musky base. The two smell very different, and it would be easy to think Erolfa is gone after the top notes fade away. On a hot day, I find that the musk blooms nicely. Softly, but nicely.

Erolfa is a scent that I really enjoy but haven't quite committed to buying... but maybe I should. I really enjoy it!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Nice fragrance but the best longevity i got out of it was 2 hours.

Basenotes Junkie

Its the one Creed left that i have yet to try that i really want to. I shall remember to next time im in central London, as creed dont do samples of this.

The main reason I want to try it is MI is to feminine for me but i love the idea in general and im under the impression if im looking for a masculine MI this will be right up my alley.

It's a great summer scent, one of the best of the lineup. It was one of those that grew on me, I liked it at first but wasn't blown away. It took a few applications to appreciate it.

I'm interested in Erolfa... how many of you, if any, get 7+ hours longevity with it (without smelling the sprayed area close-up)?
    (Formerly Jouho)

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    I'm interested in Erolfa... how many of you, if any, get 7+ hours longevity with it (without smelling the sprayed area close-up)?
    More like 3 hours. 4 on a good day.

Erolfa just didn't catch me. I think maybe it was too salty. I like my aquatics to be super clean.

Erolfa is a great summer scent! Superb drydown and amazing longevity on my skin with 2 sprays! Love it!

To me Erolfa with all respects is like Beautiful Aventu's Introverted Ugly cousin, unfortunately has beautiful intentions and inerly has remnants of being wonderful but without a standout beauty like its beautifl relative Aventus IMO
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

i think the best thing about erolfa is the violet note. its not my favourite creed but a top 5 perhaps after OS, millesime imperial and aventus. the downside of this fragrance i think is that it doesnt smell that unique.
    Last edited by Chados; 9th August 2014 at 12:59 PM.

Just bought a bottle myself. Sold my Millesime Imperial because of the horrible longevity. Erolfa on the other hand sits on the skin for a LONG time. Not much sillage or projection but it's still there. 18 hours + when smelling up close though. This is a perfect scent if you dont want to offend your environment with cologne and stay fresch all day...and night.

And to the people that has these longevity issues, I'm just curious to know if the scent is all gone after these few hours? Just bad projection/sillage maybe?

I don't think this scent takes as much of a thrashing as people here seem to believe. I bought a sample based on the good reputation this forum and the reviews seem to indicate. I can't wait to try it since I love the idea of aquatics but have yet to find one that I actually really enjoy.

My favourite summer fragrance..

Just got my sample today, and at first it smelled like a nice, quality, slightly generic aquatic. And then it blew my wig off, because a half hour later there is this unbelievably filthy sex smell. Does wonders for my masculine ego. I think it's not a smell that you would be able to notice from any distance, but when I sniff my wrist it literally smells like my face is directly...you know...and yet there's still a squeaky clean soapiness as though we both showered together not too long ago but we've rolled around since then. I haven't seen many other recent reviews talking about just how raunchy the fragrance is so I wonder if there's a batch variation, the batch number for which I can only imagine would be something like A3214XXX. Maybe this is just a briny smell that morphs with my skin chemistry, or maybe I got a pre-reformulation batch, as I've heard the reformulation cleaned it up quite a bit.

I can't decide if I'm in love and hypnotized or repulsed and...still hypnotized. I keep sniffing myself over and over again. From a slight distance that soapy aquatic smell is amazing, fresh and clean. I need to judge this over a period of a few weeks, I think. So far I'm so heavily intrigued that I could see me buying a bottle down the road.

I think it smells absolutely wonderful - but I sold my bottle because the longevity was absolutely awful - I got an hour or two max out of it, even with heavy spraying on clothes

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    Erolfa just didn't catch me. I think maybe it was too salty. I like my aquatics to be super clean.
    Me neither, too much iodine and salt for me.
    Current Rotation:

Tuscan Leather
    Noir de Noir
    Azure Lime
    Black Orchid
    Tom Ford For men
    Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    unbelievably filthy sex smell. I sniff my wrist it literally smells like my face is directly...you know...
    There is a bit of a fish accord.
    Last edited by jhericurls; Today at 07:18 PM.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

I LOL'd
    Current Rotation:

Tuscan Leather
    Noir de Noir
    Azure Lime
    Black Orchid
    Tom Ford For men
    Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    Just got my sample today, and at first it smelled like a nice, quality, slightly generic aquatic. And then it blew my wig off, because a half hour later there is this unbelievably filthy sex smell. Does wonders for my masculine ego. I think it's not a smell that you would be able to notice from any distance, but when I sniff my wrist it literally smells like my face is directly...you know...and yet there's still a squeaky clean soapiness as though we both showered together not too long ago but we've rolled around since then. I haven't seen many other recent reviews talking about just how raunchy the fragrance is so I wonder if there's a batch variation, the batch number for which I can only imagine would be something like A3214XXX. Maybe this is just a briny smell that morphs with my skin chemistry, or maybe I got a pre-reformulation batch, as I've heard the reformulation cleaned it up quite a bit.

I can't decide if I'm in love and hypnotized or repulsed and...still hypnotized. I keep sniffing myself over and over again. From a slight distance that soapy aquatic smell is amazing, fresh and clean. I need to judge this over a period of a few weeks, I think. So far I'm so heavily intrigued that I could see me buying a bottle down the road.
    I've never thought of that, but Erolfa is indeed quite dirty. Fresh, salty and dirty. Reminds me of a warm, salty summer breeze by the coast. Wonderful, and unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I've never thought of that, but Erolfa is indeed quite dirty. Fresh, salty and dirty. Reminds me of a warm, salty summer breeze by the coast. Wonderful, and unique.
    I agree, it's unique and I think I enjoyed it overall. I think it was just really unexpected since I didn't read much talk of that dirtiness. I don't know how people can call this boring, because it's certainly not.

I think this is another smell that you can easily grow anosmic to, and that might be a big part of the longevity issues people talk about. I was unable to smell it at all after about two hours, but the next morning I could still smell it as a very light skin scent.

Love it and thankfully I get great longevity.