Code of Conduct

Default Bleu de Chanel - how does it wear on you?

I've had Bleu for over a year now, and despite the "ho-hummers" opinion of it, I still enjoy it very much.

For the last few months, I've noticed that when I'm wearing it, I get heavy, HEAVY incense/woods and only a little citrus. I'm talking near Gucci Pour Homme level pencil shavings and really smoky incense notes, and they are strong and last throughout the life of the scent on my skin. Just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience with it. May just be the way it performs on my skin.

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel - how does it wear on you?

I don't get any heavy smokey incense, I do get some patchouli and sandalwood in the last couple of hours I know it is supposed to have incense but I think my skin just turns it into patchouli like scents

Default Bleu de Chanel - how does it wear on you?

I get the citrus, nicely balanced against the woods and incense. Not exactly the same all the time, sometimes it's a little more one or the other. Always smells good though.

My first 5 or so wearings I was getting incense from start to finish. To me the scent seemed darker than the description from most of the reviews I've read. It was my SOTD and seemed fresher, less smokey than usual today.

I wore it the other day too, I'll have to ask a better "nose" than mine I have a terrible time with many notes - I just know what I like and don't like and a few notes if they stand out

My impression of BDC is just the opposite of yours; I get heavy citrus initially with some incense in the drydown.

No your not alone. I also get almost nothing but a strong incense note on my skin after the initial citrus blast burns off in the first 10mins or so. It just keeps on relentlessly bashing me over the head with that smokey/incense note, and that's why I'm not a fan of it. The only reason I keep my bottle, is because my GF(and most females for that matter)REALLY likes it.

Fresh citrus, otherwise unexpectedly good longevity (at least, judging by the testings so far). While not my favorite, still having to admit that this one lasts and projects way better than expected, especially given its consistent, thorough freshness (not always equating longevity in other fragrances).

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    No your not alone. I also get almost nothing but a strong incense note on my skin after the initial citrus blast burns off in the first 10mins or so:
    +1... same here
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Very strong / sharp citrus along with a lot of vetiver and incense predominately for me. Lasts all day, and the citrus never fully goes away.

Do you spray near your face? Maybe your bottle has gone "off"?
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

...it doesn't because I don't like it...!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Very strong / sharp citrus along with a lot of vetiver and incense predominately for me. Lasts all day, and the citrus never fully goes away.
    +1.
    Seasonal rotation:

Santal Imperial
    Ambre Topkapi
    Rose 31
    Green Irish Tweed
    Original Santal
    Prada Amber PH

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    ...it doesn't because I don't like it...!
    Why post in this thread then?

Quote Originally Posted by thehogester View Post
    Why post in this thread then?
    ...to give an answer to the question...maybe you could do the same...??

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    ...to give an answer to the question...maybe you could do the same...??
    My nose isn't refined enough yet to give an explanation of what im smelling, however im intrigued to read what others are smelling. You however decided to come into a thread clearly geared towards wearers of bleu, just to let us know you don't like it?

It's an answer
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

I get synthetic citrus, ginger, woody amber, white musk. Very loud, very synthetic, but does smell good.

^ yep, ditto. I get warm citrus, ginger, and some light woods and musks. Mostly yellow creamy citrus with ginger for me. Never noticed much incense or anything of that sort.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I do like this scent.....guess it could be named "Allure Night"

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post

Do you spray near your face? Maybe your bottle has gone "off"?
    I'm pretty sure my bottle hasn't gone off. I got it late last year, and I get the norm "bleu" smell from the atomizer, but it just wears different on my skin. Looks like other people have experienced the same thing. Also, I normally spray it under my shirt because it projects like crazy off of me.

Also...

Huge LOL @ Bleu haters vs. Bleu defenders. It's just a fragrance, people!

I certainly get how it morphs from citrous to heavy woody notes, specially a strong vetiver note.

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    I get the citrus, nicely balanced against the woods and incense. Not exactly the same all the time, sometimes it's a little more one or the other. Always smells good though.
    Yeah, you're right. It definitely is a fragrance with a bit of schizophrenia.

*A very citrus/grapefruity/ smooth wood vibe and overall a great safe scent plus too generic for me IMHO but nevertheless a great smelling scent the masses adore and there's nothing wrong with that
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I believe Bleu de Chanel is one of those fragrances in which the sillage (what people around you will mostly smell) is very different from smelling your skin upclose (which will be mostly incense after the first hour). The sillage remains very fresh and alluring. At least that's my experience with Bleu.

Maybe you can test this by spraying far from your nose and just taking deep breaths to try to smell it without putting your nose on the skin.

Not a fan at all... I've sampled 3 or 4 times and it's always the same... Not good...

Very nice frag. I would say I get, in this order... citrus, woods, and maybe very light incense. I don't get the musk, which is a note I generally don't care for. Despite what he naysayers claim, I think it's a quality composition.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

What I get out of it is a really nice grapefruit, followed by the combination of ginger, woods, incense with a touch of powder. It has a nice consistent projection bubble and doesn't push out too much.

BdC really depends on the day. Sometimes I, too, get heavy incense and woods, but then on other day I get a ton of vetiver. I never know what I'm going to get each time I wear BdC, but that's what I love about it. I think it's fantastic!

I get a heavy ash tray type of smoke after around 3 minutes from application, then it quickly hides in the background behind the lovely ginger/grapefruit combo. It lasts all day on me.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    Despite what he naysayers claim, I think it's a quality composition.
    I definitely agree. Not groundbreaking, but definitely a "smarter" mainstream scent.

I get grapefruit out of the gate for the first 10 minutes or so, followed by a dark incense/patchouli/vetiver composition for the remainder of the day. It's weird ... sometimes the vetiver is very prominent, other times the incense stands out. I love it either way.

Wears perfectly well on me. No complaints.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.