Code of Conduct

Default Buying Macerated essential oils wholesale

Hi Basenote community I had an experience with Custom Parfum Studio's that I would like to share. Ok so I had scheduled an fragrance making event for a few hours so that a more experienced Perfumer could explain to me where I was going wrong in my perfume making. Mind you that I've ordered a lot of single Aroma Chemicals from the Perfumers Apprentice in the past. But with my inexperience I didn't know that they have to be blended. Which leads me to Custom Parfum Studio's that is owned by a woman who says that she was schooled in France. So for our private session I had a chance to sit down at her large Organ which had a vast array of essential oils. We talked a bit about general subjects and then went right into making a male fragrance and it came out to be pretty good. I think her oils are from Galimard and they seemed to be pre diluted 30-35% and I think she is a distributor. Just wanted to know if someone could tell me how to buy them in bulk and from what company? Also I have been blending the single Aroma Chemicals in perfumers alcohol at a 1 drop of Aroma Chemicals 4 drop Perfumers Alcohol and the smell seems to have come about better than just trying to mix all of them. I've looked on Galimard site but didn't see where individuals could buy in bulk.
    Last edited by Enhance; 10th August 2014 at 06:44 PM. Reason: g

Default Re: Buying Macerated essential oils wholesale

"Bulk" means what Qty to you...?

PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

Pending on price Sir and I have a source already but I think its a bit expensive at one dollar per mililiter but the oils are directly from Galimard. I remember you on my last question and your response was partially right saying that time, research and experiment are my friends. But I hate indirectness when there is a direct answer either way I will find out. Indirectness is a waste of time and usually a game being played by the sender so if there are no direct anwser don't bother with this thread. I am very intelligent and hate wasting time withholding knowledge is disgusting to me especially when you can help another human being develop. Thanks Pk

So, One ounce, One Pound, 1Kg, 5 Kg, 10Kg, 55 gallon drums, or shipping containers of 35,000 pounds?

I need more information so that I can pick who to send you to, or make some suggestions. It wasn't a snide remark.

PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Ok thx I am just starting out so I will need to be on the smaller quantity end until I can grow. I am really serious about perfume creating and I am ready to create.

Then use the Ingredients search tool, on the Perfumers Search Page.

http://www.perfumersearch.com/index....&id=7&Itemid=8

Pay attention to the following suppliers:
    Eden Botanicals,
    Liberty Naturals,
    Floracopeia
    Hermitage
    White Lotus Aromatics
    A Woman of Uncommon Scents
    Appalachian Valley Natural Products

Essential 7
    Perfumers Apprentice
    Perfumer Supply House
    Creatingperfume.com

And frankly, Essential oil sellers are so overabundant, these are just a few of the probably close to 100 that you can find in the USA and elsewhere. Stay away from EO sellers in India and China, they are fraught with too many issues to know who to deal with successfully.
    Yes, there are good ones, but knowing the good from the bad at this point for you is not worth your attention.

Here is the complete list of sites searched by the search tool I quoted above, Have FUN!

Sites used for the Ingredients Search:
    www.bedoukian.com
    www.edenbotanicals.com
    www.firmenich.com
    www.iff.com
    ingredients.givaudan.com
    www.profumo.it
    www.newdirectionsaromatics.com
    shop.perfumersapprentice.com
    www.whitelotusaromatics.com
    essentialoils.org
    av-at.com
    www.aqua-oleum.co.uk
    edenbotanicals.com
    enfleurage.com
    www.albertvieille.com
    saponifier.com
    alphaaromatics.com
    arlysnaturals.com
    alittleolfactory.com
    www.essentially-me.co.uk
    aromaticsinternational.com
    www.libertynatural.com
    johndwalsh.com
    aftelier.com
    www.berjeinc.com
    www.hekserij.nl
    www.vigoninternational.com
    www.awomanofuncommonscents.com
    www.nematfragrances.com
    www.essentialoil.com
    sunrosearomatics.com
    www.aromaticsinternational.com
    www.essential7.com
    essencialdreams.com
    www.camdengrey.com
    www.alittleolfactory.com
    www.rivendellaromatics.com
    www.neroliane.eu
    nashoils.co.uk
    www.ipmiplc.com/gemlite
    www.primafleur.com
    www.floracopeia.com
    www.ambergris.co.nz
    www.mediteranaoils.com
    www.westvillageoilco.com
    www.pureessentialoils.com
    www.jurlique.com.au
    www.sunspirit.com.au
    www.roonka.com.au
    www.perfumersworld.com
    www.khushichemworth.in
    www.naturrohstoffe.de
    www.riechstoffe.com/Shop
    www.hekserij.nl
    www.omikron-online.de/cosmoshop
    www.aromaland.de
    www.reincke-fichtner.de
    www.voegele-lauffen.de
    www.essencia.ch
    www.anupamindustries.com
    www.augustus-oils.ltd.uk
    www.aromachemicals.basf.com
    www.berjeinc.com
    www.florachem.com
    www.grahamchemical.com/aroma
    www.omikron-online.de
    www.pfw.nl
    www.payanbertrand.com
    www.prodasynth.com
    www.rosettaenterprises.com
    www.srsaromatics.co.uk
    www.shobha.com
    www.venusenterprises.co.uk
    www.creatingperfume.com
    shop.newdirections.com.au
    www.hermitageoils.com
    www.libertynatural.com/bulk
    www.olfactik.com
    www.brokenearthnaturals.com
    pecoperfumers.com
    www.kazimaperfumers.com
    www.hmenterprise.co.in
    www.indianessentialoils.org
    www.perfumesofindia.com
    www.agarandattar.com
    www.venkatramna-perfumers.com
    www.victorie-inc.us
    www.perfumeoils.com
    orientalperfumesant.com
    biolandes.com
    www.altaoils.com
    essentialoilsoftasmania.com.au
    www.afakhry.com
    www.organicroseoil.eu
    www.stonerisefarm.com
    www.zenithsupplies.com
    www.awomanofuncommonscents.com
    www.mountainroseherbs.com
    www.alabamaessentialoils.com
    www.amphora-wholesale.com
    www.amphora-retail.com
    www.oshadhi.co.uk
    www.oshadhiusa.com
    www.oshadhi.de
    www.scentofnatures.com
    www.baseformula.com
    www.theoilshop.com
    www.essentialoilsonline.co.uk
    www.bristolbotanicals.co.uk
    www.baldwins.co.uk/aromatherapy
    fragrantearth.eu/en/10-aromatherapy-essential-oils
    www.stillpointaromatics.com
    www.aliksir.com
    artisan-aromatics.com
    www.scents-of-earth.com
    www.saveonscents.com
    www.reincke-fichtner.de
    www.omikron-online.de
    www.kobashi.co.uk
    www.luminescents.co.uk/catalog
    www.oils4life.co.uk
    www.aromantic.co.uk
    www.makeyourowncosmetics.co.uk
    www.amphora-aromatics.com
    www.enfleurage.com
    www.wellingtonfragrance.com
    www.anandaapothecary.com
    www.healwithoil.com
    www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com
    www.silkyscents.com
    ecomaat.com
    essentialoil.com
    floramedica.com
    jeannerose.net
    anyasgarden.com
    proxisante.com
    store.scent-works.com
    plushfolly.com/shop
    http://www.essentially-me.co.uk
    www.exoticfragrances.com
    www.aloesofish.com
    www.am-arome.com
    www.qt-store.com
    www.maienfelser-naturkosmetik.de
    www.brambleberry.com
    www.neroliane.com
    www.quosentis.com
    www.astratella.com
    www.vitalba.fr
    www.scentsualantiquities.com
    www.willmountain.com/Essential_Oil_Singles_s
    Aroma-zone.fr
    cgherbals.com
    www.herbo-cailleau.com
    www.albertvieille.com
    www.diffusions-aromatiques.fr
    www.proxisante.com
    www.baldwins.co.uk
    www.botanicplanet.com
    giovannisammarco.ch
    www.medicineflower.com
    perfumersupplyhouse.com
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Ok thx I am just starting out so I will need to be on the smaller quantity end until I can grow. I am really serious about perfume creating and I am ready to create.

Enhance, we here in this forum get on the order of 4 - 8 people per month, who come into the forum, because they've JUST DISCOVERED it, and THEY'RE SO EXCITED, because THEY LOVE PERFUMES, and they want to learn all there is about making Commercial perfumes using only all natural essential oils, with none of those "Chemicals", asking for complete formulas so that they can go make a bunch of money selling "their" perfumes, from our formulae.

They have zero capacity to realize that even Smart People, myself included, have studied for five, seven, or even ten years before they are capable of making good scents, let alone great ones.

I'm glad you're smart, then we won't have to talk down to you.

But for the combination of hubris, innocence, arrogance, "by golly, I'm ready!", gimme gimme gimme, and the number of times that we see it per month, and that we are not being paid for ANYTHING that we say, the more experienced people here put those newbies on a short leash. And we let them figure stuff out for themselves, because it takes less of our time spent to answer the same questions, again and again. And Again and Again. And Again and Again.

IF they stick around for awhile, show us their real promise, drop the attitudes, THEN they get better attention. But for someone with 9 posts, I'll have to admit that your leash is pretty short, on how much attention you'll get. The very best Perfumery Schools like at Givaudan, take one or two students per year. Just think of how much attention you'd get if you showed up on THEIR doorstep?

Intentions and hope are great. Show us your stuff.

PK
    Last edited by pkiler; 11th August 2014 at 03:21 AM.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Thank you very much for caring enough to help a newbie develop Pk Perfumes it means a whole lot to me and it want be forgotten.

I would also like to thank you for giving me a clearer view as a veteran perfumer of what you guys think of the endless brainless newbies.Im sure there is a lot if hitting and missing but I wouldn't waste my time or yours.So if that jean that I have to pay for information then so be just let it be durect and to the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhance View Post
    I would also like to thank you for giving me a clearer view as a veteran perfumer of what you guys think of the endless brainless newbies.Im sure there is a lot if hitting and missing but I wouldn't waste my time or yours.So if that jean that I have to pay for information then so be just let it be durect and to the source.

Paying for information will not buy you the ability that you will need!

As Paul has mentioned, creating saleable perfume is not an instant skill given to those who have the intent - you either need to take the time to learn - by reading, researching, experimenting, etc., or pay someone else to formulate something saleable.

In neither case is there any guarantee of success, but good luck anyway!
    Last edited by lpp; 11th August 2014 at 09:33 AM.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Yes I agree with you wholeheartedly because it takes a lot painstaking research and experimenting.But I am beginning to see the deeper I go down that rabbit hole the deeper it gets. Also thatt is a chance I'm willing to take because I've never been the type that wants a team of people to construct a fragrance, clothing, house etc. for me. I want to be able to understand it fully and do it for myself. In other words use my mind and I think that's what separates the average from the greats. Most people when they go into the mall don't care of how the product got there or what it took for that Manufacturer to make that product. All they are concerned with is that the product is there and it works and it is beautiful but not me.

Completely understand the frustration with countless newbs and their good intentions wanting quick fixes but it does beg the question how they're (we're) expected to get far beyond that with the huge lack of information in the public domain and a general reticence to share knowledge hard won by experience.

Is it because everyone, whether unrealistically quickly or after many years of training, really has a commercial goal in mind?

If fragrance creation (as many have suggested) is an art, then is there any appetite to share knowledge, expertise, technique more freely with a view to elevating the overall quality of what we're all working towards? In the hope that one of us might create something genuinely exceptional, rather than just saleable?

Many creative internet forums struggle with similar issues - no-one wants to spend large amounts of time/energy indulging the fleeting interests of others but there are ways to manage this. Some forums even have mentoring schemes.

FWIW, I'm having a lot of fun reading whatever I can find, blending basic accords, experimenting with accessory products, attempting to deconstruct and then emulate commercial fragrances but I know I'd benefit massively from a few technical pointers from someone more experienced. Some might suggest I'd need to pay for this, others that it can't be bought. All rather cloak and dagger, no?

Niche fragrance creation is something that strikes me as potentially benefitting hugely from collaboration. How many of us are making enough money from fragrance creation (I know some are) to really warrant secrecy or protectiveness? If we're being secretive or protective of our work from the wider public rather than each other, why not create a space to allow a more frank but less externally visible dialogue?

Just another enthusiastic newb's doubtlessly ill-informed observations...

Many on this site spend a great deal of time trying to help the newcomers start Perfumery. However, this particular forum is called DO IT YOURSELF. There are several stickies which you should read first. You should be prepared to spend a great deal of time simply smelling stuff, and making notes. You must become acquainted with the Raw Materials available (many listed on yet another sticky). If you have specific, genuine questions, they will be answered. If you simply want a formula, which you can then make up you will be disappointed.

Speaking personally, I have no commercial axe to grind. I do not work any more and do not care if you or anyone else wants to try their hand at being a professional, commercial Perfumer. If you are really enthusiastic and sincere I will help you, as much as I can. Many others on this site will do the same.

As an opener I am already suspicious of someone who does not reveal anything about themselves. Maybe I am just nosy, but I take less notice of someone about whom I know nothing, than someone who has told us, at the very least, where they live.

The post above (no. 13) asks for a "few technical pointers" because he(or she, no indication of gender) would "benefit massively". OK, name three, and I'll try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
    Completely understand the frustration with countless newbs and their good intentions wanting quick fixes but it does beg the question how they're (we're) expected to get far beyond that with the huge lack of information in the public domain and a general reticence to share knowledge hard won by experience.

Is it because everyone, whether unrealistically quickly or after many years of training, really has a commercial goal in mind?

If fragrance creation (as many have suggested) is an art, then is there any appetite to share knowledge, expertise, technique more freely with a view to elevating the overall quality of what we're all working towards? In the hope that one of us might create something genuinely exceptional, rather than just saleable?

Many creative internet forums struggle with similar issues - no-one wants to spend large amounts of time/energy indulging the fleeting interests of others but there are ways to manage this. Some forums even have mentoring schemes.

FWIW, I'm having a lot of fun reading whatever I can find, blending basic accords, experimenting with accessory products, attempting to deconstruct and then emulate commercial fragrances but I know I'd benefit massively from a few technical pointers from someone more experienced. Some might suggest I'd need to pay for this, others that it can't be bought. All rather cloak and dagger, no?

Niche fragrance creation is something that strikes me as potentially benefitting hugely from collaboration. How many of us are making enough money from fragrance creation (I know some are) to really warrant secrecy or protectiveness? If we're being secretive or protective of our work from the wider public rather than each other, why not create a space to allow a more frank but less externally visible dialogue?

Just another enthusiastic newb's doubtlessly ill-informed observations...
    I think the main thing that most of us find annoying is that many of the questions being asked have already been asked many times. And answered many times.

Why is OP even considering buying materials in bulk when they still don't even use a scale for accurate measurements? That has been pointed out so many times that I can't understand why it needs repeating. "Drops" is not an accurate method for measuring dilutions. Buying a scale would be a good place to start. And sources for buying materials? Has that not been discussed ad nauseam?

I don't find anything about these discussions to be secretive in nature or cloak and dagger. When people ask for help creating an accord, they get answers...and damn good ones. When people ask for complete formulations, well they aren't going to get that for free, considering that is what perfumers get paid for. I feel like technical questions are always answered, unless it is something that has been asked and answered dozens of times already (please no more posts about Molecule 01 and 02....for the love of God, please no more!).

When PKiler suggests "time, research and experiment," as a means for improving your creations, this is not "indirectness." This is about as direct of an answer as someone can possibly give you--because it's true. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it isn't the right one.

I think that new members who show commitment to learning are helped massively by the experts here and it's great to see them helping newer members in time.

The main problem that I see very regularly, as an outsider, is when people join up with unrealistic expectations.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Naming no names but we have all experienced the first time poster, asking a question, or wanting help. We try and answer the question. And the poster is never heard of again. It gets rather tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Paying for information will not buy you the ability that you will need!

As Paul has mentioned, creating saleable perfume is not an instant skill given to those who have the intent - you either need to take the time to learn - by reading, researching, experimenting, etc., or pay someone else to formulate something saleable.

In neither case is there any guarantee of success, but good luck anyway!
    The redeeming aspect is perhaps that the learning process is extremely enjoyable and addictive, with many small victories along the way. So it might be possible at some point to make a little money too.

But I like to use a music analogy, since that's been at least as great of a passion here. People often say they just bought a guitar and want to be in a band, even be a rock star. Or they have the best software, and want a hit record. But jeez... Learning any art takes time. And then with perfumery, there are so many materials, and so much research and experience. And theory, and chemistry...

Now what could work on shorter time frame is someone collaborating with me or another perfumer as the perfumer, who already had tremendous business sense and abilities. If that person had a knack to understand it, they could furnish ideas and feedback. But the perfuming part itself is almost a lifestyle, like being a musician or poet, or even a chef (the good ones seem quite obsessed). Then there is the chem lab aspect...

Best of luck in your endeavors. My advice is to do a lot of reading here on every topic that interests you, to get a sense for the kind of discussion and feedback that is most possible, realistic, and helpful.

Well Basenote community I've heard some feedback from what seems to be veterans and rookies. I have to tell you that it makes me feel very alive when I can ask a question and get such a warm reception from you guys. Also for the ones who thinks that I'm just a fly by night rookie, hey hey hey I'm here to stay. I actually work long hours so the inconvenience comes from fatigue not a lack of interest. Special thanks to Paul Kiler perfumes!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys I asked this question yesterday but for some reason it didn't go through.Can someone tell me about a deal that I have on the table? Im dealing with the same perfumer that I scheduled a session with a couple of weeks ago. Ok so she makes me a starter kit that includes 30 bottles of 30ml essences from Galimard because she is a distributor for $1000.00!!! Now these essences will already be pre diluted at 30-35 % ratio by the experts. Also I will have a list too choose from that will include the top ten essences from each family.From my experience with her oils you can go right into blending a fragrance really really nice. Is this price outrageous or am I uncomfortable because in inexperienced?

The price might or not be outrageous for the costs of materials and reasonable business markup, but as a learning experience it will probably give poor return on investment compared to buying sample amounts of essential oils, absolutes, and aromachemicals that no one has messed with.

On markup, you're paying $1000 for about 300 mL of concentrated before dilution, so that could be a markup of only five times or something, or could be 10 times or more. Often, when a lot of marketing is needed, markup may have to be 10 times and companies still go bankrupt anyway. If your question is, is this price similar to what you might pay if buying oneself from various vendors, answer is almost certainly not. But that could be fine if your personal outcome is what you want.

As to the learning experience, mixing other people's blends will not go very far.

On the other hand, if the purpose is to come up with a nice mix (to personal taste) that may seem perfume-like, and willing to pay this kind of money to be able to say one do it oneself, this could get results faster than learning really how to do it oneself.
    Last edited by Bill Roberts; 12th August 2014 at 08:47 PM.

Well the purpose is to resale once I have some good scents

Can I buy similar quality from another company without dealing with a middle man?

Can I buy similar quality from another company without dealing with a middle man?
    Yes. You can. Please read before you ask you these type of questions. I appreciate your zeal but this information is easily found here. My advice to you is not to buy these materials diluted by someone else. Buy them and do your own dilutions.

Well the purpose is to resale once I have some good scents
    I think almost no one would possibly be able to buy material at about $1100/kilo, that furthermore is diluted to 30-35%, and make a profit on resale.

And any person who could (who would have to be a marketing phenom, if he exists at all) would be flushing a gigantic amount of money down the toilet on overpayment for raw materials.