Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default MiN New York, Scent Stories Vol. 1

I just read the article on these, wow eleven (11) scents...has anyone smelled them?

Barrel
    A vivid, bodied, oak scent over clean soil

Dahab
    An exotic African spice market

Dune Road
    A green, botanical marine-musk

Long Board
    A bright, buoyant tropical tuberose

Magic Circus
    A sweet, gourmand-esque scent with woody facets

Momento
    A retro futurist take on the aromatic genre

Moon Dust
    A desiccated, mineralic abstraction

Old School Bench
    A semi-gourmand wood scent

Onsen
    A clean, minimalist ashy scent

Shaman
    A bright, candied violet

The Botanist
    A green and vegetal musk
    Selling used bottles of vintage Heritage Eau de Parfum (Guerlain), Anima Dulcis (Arquiste), Noel au Balcon (ELDO), Santal de Mysore (Serge Lutens), Aedes de Vensutas (L'Artisan) and more, click HERE

Default Re: MiN New York, Scent Stories Vol. 1

Sorry, no. Never even heard of them. But The Botanist "vegetal" musk sounds interesting.
    Just because a fragrance is expensive, doesn’t necessarily make it smell better than a cheaper one.

Current favorites:

• Spicebomb

• Sienne L'Hiver

Thanks for the info. Will take a trip to MINNYC and check them out.

Well, I've tried them, but I'm sure the article gave that away There's not much written on this line so far as the official release won't be until later in the year, but aside from me, Mark has covered them here. His take's a little different to mine, but for my money, Moon Dust is the standout followed by Old School Bench and Barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    That's literally the article he linked in the OP....

Anyway, I've been interested in these since I first read that article as well. A few really jumped out at me like Dune Road, Moon Dust, and Barrel. I'll have to see if I can't track down samples in the near future (once they're released).
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Basenotes Plus

I have samples of some of these. I've only tried Dune Road - a late afternoon walk along the beach with seaweed washing up as the waves crash in.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    That's literally the article he linked in the OP....
    Oopps, your right.

Didn't see it highlighted on my iPad.

Basenotes Institution

They sound very edgy and esoteric, which of course I am happy about. Of course I hope they're wearable.

I must admit, from reading the article, the one that interests me the most is Moon Dust.

Does anyone know if they will they be selling a 'sample pack' of these?
    Selling used bottles of vintage Heritage Eau de Parfum (Guerlain), Anima Dulcis (Arquiste), Noel au Balcon (ELDO), Santal de Mysore (Serge Lutens), Aedes de Vensutas (L'Artisan) and more, click HERE

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Does anyone know if they will they be selling a 'sample pack' of these?
    It's still a little up in the air as to how these will be presented and distributed. They're going to Pitti in September and after that there should be some news as to where and how they'll be available. Obviously, they'll be available through MiN, but this is essentially a new perfume line and so there should be some wider distribution. Because the line covers a lot of aesthetic territory, I'm not sure I could suggest a full sampler as I'd imaging few people would enjoy every scent.

As far as wearable goes, there's a spectrum: Onsen is super easy to wear and from what I was told, it's the most popular (it's very safe). Yet a scent like The Botanist is a bit of a different story though As a collection, it's kind of all over the place.

Basenotes Institution

Oh so they won't just be available at MiN? Interesting...

I was at MiN 2 weeks ago and these are not on display for testing. You can special order them from their website though. To smell these you have to be a member of their "club" or be invited. I applied for membership while visiting and was accepted in a week but that did not help with sampling while I was there. At least membership gives you a 15% discount on most items if you order by phone and samples are free. I did order a couple of scents from them and asked for samples of Moon Dust and Dune Road so I should have those samples next week.

The following is from their website...

The MiN New York Club is a private higher-tiered level of*

service for friends, collectors and connoisseurs. Some perks of this COMPLIMENTARY MEMBERSHIP include:

* Year-Round Complimentary Access to MiN New York*
    1st Dibs, Private Collections including SCENT STORIES, and other rare collectibles

* Priority Concierge Service

* Exclusive Invitation to Speakeasies,*
    Salons, & Workshops

&

* a limited edition MiN NEW YORK TOKEN for*
    access to our MEMBER VAULT*

MiN New York Club Membership is BY INVITATION ONLY and requires acceptance and approval by our Board.*
    To apply for a coveted seat, please complete*THIS FORM.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

They're actually kept in the store in a room behind the counter, but because they're curated, you have to make prior arrangements to try them. This is the exclusive preview aspect, but they'll see wider distribution soon enough. If anyone's planning on visiting MiN, as long as you make arrangements ahead of time, you'll be able to try them. Otherwise, wait until after Pitti.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    MiN New York Club Membership is BY INVITATION ONLY and requires acceptance and approval by our Board.*
    To apply for a coveted seat, please complete*THIS FORM.
    Good Lord...Stuff like this totally rubs me the wrong way. pass

Received the invitation and acceptance welcome from the "Board" Will see how this plays out.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    Good Lord...Stuff like this totally rubs me the wrong way. pass
    I have to be honest: I was a uncomfortable with this myself while I was writing up the article (I danced around it in a big way). While I understand the notion of an extended preview before the collection is fully distributed, I'm not convinced that this is an effective approach.

Basenotes Member

I too am very turned off by this exclusive/membership required to sniff business. I'm a huge fan of MiN, but this bugs me. When I went to the membership request page, I felt like I was applying for a job. My fragrance to-explore & to-buy lists are way too long to concern myself with qualifying to this house's standards for the privilege to smell/purchase/wear their fragrance.

Dune Road smelled good though. Since it is now released to us members of the 'general public,' I bought a bottle on the spot yesterday. Go figure

-Delly

Basenotes Institution

So the scents are in the store now Delly?

Basenotes Member

So the scents are in the store now Delly?
    Yeah! They have three scents available for purchase in store: Dune Road, Long Board and Botanist. Members can sample all 11. Non-members can only sample the three that are released for purchase.

Dune Road: A lazy, cloudy, mellow beach/sea side scent. I picture a cloudy day on the beach. Walking along with cold bare feet, pants rolled up and a wind jacket blowing in the chilly, late fall breeze as I kick around sea shells in the wet sand. Someone mentioned 'cucumbers' in another review, and I can totally see that. I'll pick it apart over the coming days/weeks and see if I can post a review that's more coherent with regards to notes, progression, etc.

Long Board: Pretty standard beach scent to me. Opens with a sweet orange scent and then a little coconut and sunscreen. I only sampled this on paper. Not bad necessarily, but not what I'm looking for.

Botanist: A nice, fresh veggie kind of scent. I'm not sure what was going on. It disappeared from my skin in about 15min. My nose probably lost track of it due to other stronger scents being sampled (Heeley's Vetiver Veritas, which I purchased). I did not get a sample of this to take home but wish that I did!

I did get to smell a light spray of Moon Dust on paper but was not allowed to spray on skin. Very, very interesting. I'd buy it if convenient, but I won't spend time actively searching for it.

If you get a chance to sample these, I'd love to know what you think!

-Delly
    Last edited by Delly; 21st August 2014 at 08:53 PM. Reason: grammar

Moon Dust kind of rules.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Moon Dust kind of rules.
    Yeah, I've never smelled anything like it. I'd want to try on skin, but I have a feeling I'll purchase it one of these days.

Basenotes Institution

So members can smell 11 scents now, but can only buy three now?

How much are these Delly?

Quote Originally Posted by Delly View Post
    Yeah, I've never smelled anything like it. I'd want to try on skin, but I have a feeling I'll purchase it one of these days.
    I've worn it, and it wears pretty great. If you're into cement. Which I am.

Basenotes Member

So members can smell 11 scents now, but can only buy three now?

How much are these Delly?

Hey mikeperez23,

I'm not 100% sure about the membership smell-now vs. purchase-now part of things. Perhaps another BN'er would know better?

I paid $195/75ml for Dune Road. I didn't ask if this pricing would be consistent across the whole line.

-Delly
    Last edited by Delly; 21st August 2014 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delly View Post
    Hey mikeperez23,

I'm not 100% sure about the membership smell-now vs. purchase-now part of things. Perhaps another BN'er would know better?

I paid $195/75ml for Dune Road. I didn't ask if this pricing would be consistent across the whole line.

-Delly
    They're taking the line to Pitti in September (the 12th, I think) to show to some euro distributors and then there should be a much wider availability to follow. The prices should be consistent (although I thought it was a little less than that for 75ml) and there will also be a 15ml size available.

I'm curious as to why some have escaped the vault already though? I personally didn't find The Botanist to be very appealing, and Long Board was just a big tuberose. Onsen is the big seller (it's probably the safest and easiest to wear, too) whereas Moon Dust seems to garner the least interest (which seems consistent with taste trends as it's quite avante-garde as opposed to crowd-pleasing Onsen). The fact that Longboard and Botanist are being shown publicly is curious as I don't feel like they highlight the line, but perhaps this is a way to give them a push?

Basenotes Member

You're right, deadidol. Double checked my receipt and it was $180/75ml.

Basenotes Institution

Awesome that there will be 15 ml sizes available!

Just bumping this thread up to see if anyone knows if non members can find a way to sample the Min NY scent stories collection now.

I just visited the MiN website and Moon Dust is now $240 for 75mL. I like it but...pass at this price.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

I just visited the MiN website and Moon Dust is now $240 for 75mL. I like it but...pass at this price.
    FWIW, if you have membership, the price remains the same from what I understand, but for non-members it's now $240 (!!!). There was no mention of this when I wrote the initial article and we were contacted a couple of weeks ago to change it accordingly (I added an addendum). The prices were already on the steeper end of reasonable before, imo.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I ordered samples of all 11 from their website today. I'm super excited, and I'll post on them, maybe on 11 consecutive days, after I receive them.

Me, too! For THAT price, it would have to tuck me in at night, and make breakfast for me the next morning.
    Just because a fragrance is expensive, doesn’t necessarily make it smell better than a cheaper one.

Current favorites:

• Spicebomb

• Sienne L'Hiver

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chanel1 View Post
    I ordered samples of all 11 from their website today. I'm super excited, and I'll post on them, maybe on 11 consecutive days, after I receive them.
    The 11 samples have arrived. I plan to start tomorrow with Old School Bench. I have to get up at 6:00 a.m. to show it off for my wife before she leaves for work, and I have to go into the office also, although it will have been three hours by the time I get there. Three sprays is the plan. She can't wear fragrance at her lab.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Old School Bench - I'm thinking thumb's sideways on this one. I don't dislike it, but I wouldn't wear it very much. My office mate told me it smelled more feminine than unisex to him. Although I'm not going to buy a full bottle, I am enjoying testing it. As far as the name, I guess it reminds me of furniture varnish as much as anything else. Or furniture varnish and old-fashioned perfume.

Basenotes Institution

I love the smell of varnish! Although, I'm not sure how I would like it if it stuck around, as a scent, all day...

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Deadiol said in his review (linked in the OP) that Old School Bench has a "sense of alienation." I'm not sure if that description is a Deadiol original or if it's frequently used to describe scents, but I think it fits well enough. He also calls it accessible, but admits that it has a bizarre opening, and I agree with this as well, even though it's nearly a contradiction. It's not accessible in the opening 10 minutes.

It's been a while since I smelled this, and a while since I wrote that article (more of a feature than a review, really), but if I were to attempt to interpret my own words, I'd guess that I found Barrel to be wearable overall, but a little rough up front. As far as the "sense of alienation" thing goes, I'm guessing that I was thinking about the way two or three of these have a sort of cold, detached feel to them with Moon Dust being the most exemplary.

I know I liked this was one of the three that I was kind of into at least!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    It's been a while since I smelled this, and a while since I wrote that article (more of a feature than a review, really), but if I were to attempt to interpret my own words, I'd guess that I found Barrel to be wearable overall, but a little rough up front. As far as the "sense of alienation" thing goes, I'm guessing that I was thinking about the way two or three of these have a sort of cold, detached feel to them with Moon Dust being the most exemplary.

I know I liked this was one of the three that I was kind of into at least!
    I'm trying Moon Dust today, and it's more wearable, and yummy, but less powerful so I wish I had used more. It still smells a lot like the Old School Bench, and I can feel myself getting used to the base fast.

Just received a package from MinNY for a fragrance I recently bought and they included in my package samples of all 11 of their scents for free. I otherwise would not have sought these out. Very generous and kind of the people at MiN NY.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

MiN was supposedly sending me a sample package of this line two weeks ago. As of today, still nothing has shown up. I'm quickly losing interest...

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    MiN was supposedly sending me a sample package of this line two weeks ago. As of today, still nothing has shown up. I'm quickly losing interest...
    I paid $5 each for samples, so that may be different, but mine came quickly (within a week or so).

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Day 1: Old School Bench
    Day 2: Moon Dust
    Day 3: Long Board

The first two are sister scents, and Long Board is completely different (a bright, hopeful, feminine powdery smell).

For me, or on my skin, Moon Dust faded quickly. It had a nice smell, but the performance was weak compared to Old School Bench. I was ready for all 11 scents to be slight variations on the first two, and now Long Board has gone in a completely different direction, and smells unrelated to the first two.

Long Board is reminding me of some scents from my memory (something my mom used to wear maybe, something from Avon?)

Update: It's suntan lotion I'm smelling. My brain placed the smell two minutes after I posted. So this one has a nice, upscale, powdery suntan lotion feel to it, which leans feminine.
    Last edited by Chanel1; 4th December 2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Barrel - A very nice boozy scent. That's it - nice - but not great. There are other boozy scents for much less money.

Want awesome boozy? Save $80 and get 24 more ml?
    http://www.luckyscent.com/product/66...iotr-czarnecki

Magic Circus - I love gourmands in general and like sweet scents more than most guys. I don't know if MiN sent me the wrong sample or what. I would like to describe this scent to you, but I just can't seem to smell much of anything from the sample I got. I'm serious, just nothing - 5 sprays and I don't have a clue.

I decided to give my wrist 3 sprays and get my wifes opinion on Magic Circus. I did not prompt her in any way. She says she can barely smell anything. Smells weak - like something I applied hours ago.

MiN does make up there own samples, then hand writes what scent it is on a card - so maybe they made an error. But if they made an error, then what is this nothingness scent in the sample they sent me?
    Last edited by thebeck; 4th December 2014 at 04:46 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Barrel - A very nice boozy scent. That's it - nice - but not great. There are other boozy scents for much less money.

Want awesome boozy? Save $80 and get 24 more ml?
    http://www.luckyscent.com/product/66...iotr-czarnecki

Magic Circus - I love gourmands in general and like sweet scents more than most guys. I don't know if MiN sent me the wrong sample or what. I would like to describe this scent to you, but I just can't seem to smell much of anything from the sample I got. I'm serious, just nothing - 5 sprays and I don't have a clue.

I decided to give my wrist 3 sprays and get my wifes opinion on Magic Circus. I did not prompt her in any way. She says she can barely smell anything. Smells weak - like something I applied hours ago.

MiN does make up there own samples, then hand writes what scent it is on a card - so maybe they made an error. But if they made an error, then what is this nothingness scent in the sample they sent me?
    My sample of Moon Dust was faint. Very faint. From what I could smell it was good, but it was light.

Today I'm trying Long Board and it is loud. And beautiful. Too feminine for me, but I think - I'm fairly sure - I would like this on a woman. I'm impressed by this one.

Long Board = Powdery suntan lotion, in the best way

My sample of Moon Dust was faint. Very faint. From what I could smell it was good, but it was light.

Today I'm trying Long Board and it is loud. And beautiful. Too feminine for me, but I think - I'm fairly sure - I would like this on a woman. I'm impressed by this one.

Long Board = Powdery suntan lotion, in the best way
    There's enough good chatter going around about the line - I'm planning on sampling some more.

Dahab,Shaman, and Momento on the way.
    Last edited by thebeck; 5th December 2014 at 07:05 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Day 1: Old School Bench (Complex scent with dominant furniture varnish note. Interesting scent. Leans feminine.)
    Day 2: Moon Dust (Fainter smell but similar base to Old School Bench. Closer to gender neutral, but still leans feminine.)
    Day 3: Long Board (Powdery Suntan Lotion - potentially a sexy scent, good projection and longevity, different base from the first two. Leans feminine.)
    Day 4 - Today: The Botanist (Similar base to the first two, but toned down. This one is lighter, like Moon Dust. The smell is very good. Leans feminine.)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Just received a package from MinNY for a fragrance I recently bought and they included in my package samples of all 11 of their scents for free. I otherwise would not have sought these out. Very generous and kind of the people at MiN NY.
    Let us know if there are any stand outs in the line. Considering the kind of customer you are - you deserve to get all 11 samples. They don't know you only collect 100ml bottles, but they understand you're a good customer.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Day 1: Old School Bench (Complex scent with dominant furniture varnish note. Interesting scent. Leans feminine.)
    Day 2: Moon Dust (Fainter smell but similar base to Old School Bench. Closer to gender neutral, but still leans feminine.)
    Day 3: Long Board (Powdery Suntan Lotion - potentially a sexy scent, good projection and longevity, different base from the first two. Leans feminine.)
    Day 4 - Today: The Botanist (Similar base to the first two, but toned down. This one is lighter, like Moon Dust. The smell is very good. Leans feminine.)
    Day 5 - Shaman: This one's different. I get a note of honey, and even the sopapillas I used to put honey on, but it's more like it's just a flower concentrate that happens to smell that way. To my nose this one is different from the rest of the line so far. For the first four scents, they fall into a spectrum between funky and powdery:

Funk - Old School Bench - Moon Dust - The Botanist - Long Board - Powder

This Shaman doesn't fit. No one at home seemed to like it, but my 5-yr-old daughter did make a connection to Fahrenheit (I believe Shaman and Fahrenheit both have violet flowers).
    Last edited by Chanel1; 6th December 2014 at 03:22 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Funk - Old School Bench - Moon Dust - The Botanist - Long Board - Powder

Shaman doesn't fit.
    As it developed, Shaman turned to the powdery vibe. Shaman is the most masculine so far, I think, but it was fainter, like Moon Dust.

Day 6: Magic Circus. Like the others, the opening is strong, and the smell stabilizes after about 10 minutes. This one is more powdery than funky. Like Long Board, this one has a note I should be able to place that could come to me right after I hit "post."

Through 6 of the 11, I think I might like The Botanist the most, but my impressions are developing and could change.

As it developed, Shaman turned to the powdery vibe. Shaman is the most masculine so far, I think, but it was fainter, like Moon Dust.

Day 6: Magic Circus. Like the others, the opening is strong, and the smell stabilizes after about 10 minutes. This one is more powdery than funky. Like Long Board, this one has a note I should be able to place that could come to me right after I hit "post."

Through 6 of the 11, I think I might like The Botanist the most, but my impressions are developing and could change.
    So if I'm hearing you right. No WOW so far - just so-so. I saw two different YouTube reviewers going gaga over all 11 of them.

Basenotes Plus

So if I'm hearing you right. No WOW so far - just so-so. I saw two different YouTube reviewers going gaga over all 11 of them.
    Time to take those reviewers off your watch list.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Nothing I would buy yet, but they're interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Time to take those reviewers off your watch list.
    They're probably getting free samples and don't want to piss any one off - so everything smells good to them.

Maybe it's time for me to start doing You Tube reviews - short, sweet and to the point Luca Turin style with thebecks twist - 5 minute max reviews. None of this 15-20 minute nonsense watching people un-pack scents and read all the info on the bottle. My god - do they know how boring they can be?

We all have computers, and know what the bottles look like. Just friggin tell us what the juice smells like.
    Last edited by thebeck; 7th December 2014 at 11:55 PM.

Basenotes Plus

None of this 15-20 minute nonsense watching people un-pack scents and read all the info on the bottle. My god - do they know how boring they can be?
    I never understood how someone would want to sit through 20+ minutes of review. Especially when every review seems to be "thisisaworkofartmasterpieceohmygodsoamazingthumbs up!"

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

They're probably getting free samples and don't want to piss any one off - so everything smells good to them.

Maybe it's time for me to start doing You Tube reviews - short, sweet and to the point Luca Turin style with thebecks twist - 5 minute max reviews. None of this 15-20 minute nonsense watching people un-pack scents and read all the info on the bottle. My god - do they know how boring they can be?

We all have computers, and know what the bottles look like. Just friggin tell us what the juice smells like.
    They do smell good, and they do develop in an interesting way. Magic Circus got sweeter in a good way as it developed. I'm looking forward to wearing that one again. But I'm not stunned by their perfection. I wish.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Day 1: Old School Bench (Complex scent with dominant furniture varnish note. Interesting scent. Leans feminine. Performance was ok, and set the bar high so a couple others seemed weak by comparison.)
    Day 4 - The Botanist (Similar base to the first two, but toned down. This one is lighter, like Moon Dust. The smell is very good. Leans feminine.)
    Day 5 - Shaman (This one developed to smell a little like a fainter, masculine complement to Long Board. Did I smell that suntan lotion note in this one?)
    Day 6 - Magic Circus (This one was nice when it developed, and sweet, and seemed A-Ok for men, I thought, and kind of reminded me of popular sweet designer scents, in a good way. I never did place that note, but if I read around and find it I'll update.)
    Day 7 - Today - Onsen. Maybe it's just a mnemonic device, but I'm thinking of Magic Circus as if it were inspired by Dior Homme Intense, and Onsen as if it were inspired by Bleu de Chanel and Allure Homme Sport. Onsen, though, has a sharper signature note, almost medicinal. I could see this being popular if it weren't so expensive, but I'm not sure how much I like it. I'm curious to smell this one on someone else. This one leans masculine, I think.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Day 8 - Barrel. As much as Onsen smelled new (and possibly bad?), Barrel smells familiar. It reminds me of 1 Million Intense. I'll wear them side-by-side next time. This is a nice version of a 1 Million-type scent, that has more goodness in the base as it develops. People would love this, I think. My office mates won't say anything, but this stuff feels loud. They might even comment on this one, and I'll update if they do. This one also reminds me of something I sniffed in a nice department store as a 7-yr-old. My mind has been toying with the idea of owning a 15-ml bottle of this. Someone should buy this stuff even if I pass. We'll see about longevity.

Of the samples so far, Long Board, which smells like nice suntan lotion, had by far the best longevity, and I think I was smelling it days later (I got some on my coat sleeve, maybe?).

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Barrel is great. The longevity is very good. The projection feels wonderful to me. Nobody has said anything to me all day, and they're more likely to complain than compliment, and I've been close enough to people long enough for them to notice. I'm in a scent bubble of joy, and no one's complaining, so Barrel has served me well. Every once in while, I'll catch a whiff and wonder if I could really commit to such a distinctive note - not unique, I think 1 Million is similar smelling, and it's a big seller - but the smell is distinctive, recognizable, ALMOST too much. I definitely like this stuff, the most of the 8 so far, but maybe something that would be so distinctive smelling would be too much.

Then I bury my nose in my wrists where I sprayed it, and the sweetness in the base is delicious, and for a few minutes I just think about how good it smells.

Barrel is great. The longevity is very good. The projection feels wonderful to me. Nobody has said anything to me all day, and they're more likely to complain than compliment, and I've been close enough to people long enough for them to notice. I'm in a scent bubble of joy, and no one's complaining, so Barrel has served me well. Every once in while, I'll catch a whiff and wonder if I could really commit to such a distinctive note - not unique, I think 1 Million is similar smelling, and it's a big seller - but the smell is distinctive, recognizable, ALMOST too much. I definitely like this stuff, the most of the 8 so far, but maybe something that would be so distinctive smelling would be too much.

Then I bury my nose in my wrists where I sprayed it, and the sweetness in the base is delicious, and for a few minutes I just think about how good it smells.
    Barrel is definitely my favorite so far. In the last couple of days I managed to sample, Dahab, Shaman and Momento. Momento is decent but just too weird to really enjoy.

Dahab and Shaman don't do anything for me. Nothing offensive but nothing that says wear me either.
    Last edited by thebeck; 10th December 2014 at 12:27 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Barrel is definitely my favorite so far. In the last couple of days I managed to sample, Dahab, Shaman and Momento. Momento is decent but just too weird to really enjoy.

Dahab and Shaman don't do anything for me. Nothing offensive but nothing that says wear me either.
    I'm trying Momento and it definitely smells familiar, but from a long time ago, as the name of the story suggests. Arabian Knight on Fragrantica wrote that is smelled very similar to Pour Monsieur, which I have sniffed but have not worn, and that could be it. I'm sure I've smelled Pour Monsieur around over the decades, so it seems to match, at least for a reference to help me try to remember these 11 scents.

I love trying them. I think I'm going to try Olfactive Studios as my next house-sampling exploration.