Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Intense For A Teen?

okay so I'm an thumbnail away from blindbuying this..
    but I just have one final question about it, is it popular amongst us teens?
    I'm 15 and I'm not that selfconscious , (not afraid of stretching the border)
    And it's pretty cheap & easy to find here in Sweden

and to the absolute final question ... is it really that great?

Default Re: Dior Homme Intense For A Teen?

Perfect for your age group and target market. Go nuts.....

Yeah, if you wanted to separate yourself from the rest of the teens....I think DHI could work for someone your age

In my opinion, this fragrance is appropriate at any age- its versatility is just great.

It could happen that rest of your schoolmates will think you smell like their grandma's lipstick. DHI is a great fragrance, but I'm not sure people of your age group will "get" it. My advice is order a sample first and wear it a couple of times. On the other hand, if you buy a full bottle and don't like it, you can always gift it to your dad or even mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Popo View Post
    It could happen that rest of your schoolmates will think you smell like their grandma's lipstick. DHI is a great fragrance, but I'm not sure people of your age group will "get" it. My advice is order a sample first and wear it a couple of times. On the other hand, if you buy a full bottle and don't like it, you can always gift it to your dad or even mom.
    But the real question is if the ladies will enjoy it
    Like they're used to the smell of iris aight?

Basenotes Plus

'They' probably don't really mind all that much
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Besides, the iris note is hardly that pronounced in DHI as in the regular Dior Homme. While some iris may still be there, DHI has the advantage of developing far more of a cocoa/vanilla/even fudge note as it dries down- gourmand notes like these are usually complimented and generally liked.

Oh.. well I only have a 2012 bottle and it smells like the inside of my grandmas purse pretty much the whole time, cocoa is subtle and I can smell it only after like 6-7 hours. I love it but I'm not sure I would wear it if I was 5 years younger than I am now, let alone if I was 15.

No. Teenagers are cruel. You will be mocked and someone will try to steal your lunch money.
    Daytime
    Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    YSL L'Homme
    Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme
    Bentley For Men Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit

Nighttime

Dior Homme Intense
    YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
    VC&A Midnight in Paris
    V&R Spicebomb
    D&G The One (The Holy Grail)

'Tis better to buy a great fragrance at a cheap price, than a cheap fragrance at a great price...

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyFinger View Post
    No. Teenagers are cruel. You will be mocked and someone will try to steal your lunch money.
    Well I don't give a d*mn as long as the ladies like it I don't care much about all other

No problem with a teenager wearing DHI. Enjoy!

go and test it out at kicks in sweden. you also have dior homme which is pretty much the same. personally i dont think it smells bad. but it really feels like a nightscent and not something to wear at school. i dont know what the girls will think but my girlfriend said it smells very feminime and i would have to agree. go and test that and other colognes out before blindbuying. its actually a pretty expensive one too and i assume youre not working that much at 15.

Get it! What's the worst that could happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish View Post
    Well I don't give a d*mn as long as the ladies like it I don't care much about all other
    Don't assume the ladies will like it. They may be the ones laughing at you. Look, just because some old guys on the interwebs think DHI is "sexy" doesn't mean that most young ladies your age feel the same way. Heck, most of the cougars my age hate it and think its femmy. And these are educated and sophisticated women. But all women and men have different ideas on things, so wear what you want and live your own life. I just would be a little careful with this choice, take a test drive with it first.
    Daytime
    Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    YSL L'Homme
    Bentley For Men Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit

Nighttime

Dior Homme Intense
    YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
    VC&A Midnight in Paris
    V&R Spicebomb

'Tis better to buy a great fragrance at a cheap price, than a cheap fragrance at a great price...

Don't assume the ladies will like it. They may be the ones laughing at you. Look, just because some old guys on the interwebs think DHI is "sexy" doesn't mean that most young ladies your age feel the same way. Heck, most of the cougars my age hate it and think its femmy. And these are educated and sophisticated women. But all women and men have different ideas on things, so wear what you want and live your own life. I just would be a little careful with this choice, take a test drive with it first.
    Well I'm just taking a quick guess that it's a crowd pleaser aight?

Well I'm just taking a quick guess that it's a crowd pleaser aight?
    I'm curious. Where did you get the idea that DHI is "sexy'???
    Daytime
    Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    YSL L'Homme
    Bentley For Men Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit

Nighttime

Dior Homme Intense
    YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
    VC&A Midnight in Paris
    V&R Spicebomb

I'm curious. Where did you get the idea that DHI is "sexy'???
    I've never said I thought it was sexy , I've just heard that it's a good gourmand with quality and that the 2014 batches seems fine!

Go for it!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Get a sample first man. I blind bought and don't get the hype yet even after a year. The best compliment I got was, "you smell like baby powder." Try out Dior Homme sport. That should be more pleasing in general as it is less polarizing and appropriate for everyday school wear.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

To the OP: I think it would work fine for you.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    To the OP: I think it would work fine for you.
    Thanks hednic, you're the best

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Popo View Post
    I'm not sure that someone that is a teenager today even has those associations. I know my mom never used lipstick that smelled like iris and neither does my wife or sisters. I'm old enough to have a teenager and I do have teenage nieces and nephews.

I know that I don't associate powdery florals with women the same way the older crowd on here does. To me the most feminine thing that someone could wear would be like a strawberry aquatic or something along those lines.
    Last edited by dmckean44; 11th August 2014 at 09:38 PM.

Yes. You will smell unique beside all Polo Sport, Tommy Hilfigher, Cool Water, Allure Homme Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by dmckean44 View Post
    I'm not sure that someone that is a teenager today even has those association. I know my mom never used lipstick that smelled like iris and neither does my wife or sisters. I'm old enough to have a teenager and I do have teenage nieces and nephews.

I know that I don't associate powdery florals with women the same way the older crowd on here does. To me the most feminine thing a someone could wear would be like a strawberry aquatic or something along those lines.
    well, that is true. I don't hang out with the "young" crowd anymore.

Right on man, that's the right attitude!

SmellyFinger's advice is wise, in my humble opinion. Don't buy a bottle. Buy a sample.

You say you want a crowd pleaser. Great! If I were you, I'd start by thinking about the tastes of the specific crowd you're trying to please. Is DHI your best bet for a scent that pleases teenage girls? I think the answer to that question is going to be no. This is just my own opinion, but I think DHI is going to be too heavy and may smell too old for 14 and 15 year old girls. I'm older than you, and the crowd I'd like to please is mostly women in their 30s. I own DHI, but it's definitely not something I'd wear casually. It's way too loud and sexual/sensual for an everyday scent... Maybe you're thinking "Sexual/Sensual? Awesome!" Actually, no. There's a big difference between smelling sexy and smelling like you're looking for sex. I never wear DHI on a day when the weather is warm. DHI is a cool to cold weather scent. I usually don't wear DHI during the day. It's such a night scent. I wear it on dates, but never on a first date and usually not even on a second date. DHI is fantastic, but it's one of the hardest to wear scents that I own.

If I were you, rather than looking to buy one specific fragrance (DHI), I would try to figure out what kinds of scents teen girls love the most on a guy your age, and then I'd sample a bunch of things along those lines to see which fits you the best. I wouldn't be surprised if something like Ed Hardy Love & Luck (which is more or less another take on Creed's MI) would be a better option for you, and it's available for a fraction of the price. You could wear it year round... any time, anywhere. I think Bleu de Chanel would be a better choice for the crowd you're trying to please. I think there are many options that would do a better job for you.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Well you fellow basenoters helped out a lot in terms of letting a youngster into the perfume world!

And to be safe , I will sample before buying this time

I'm 15 and I'm not that selfconscious , (not afraid of stretching the border)
    If you're comfortable in your own skin and dont mind a smooth, well defined composition that could be worn by either sex, you'll be fine.
    If you prefer uber masculine compositions this may not be your best purchase.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

For Sale - For Swap - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 12/09
    WANTED: None

To answer the title directly - "Dior Homme Intense For A Teen?" No. I don't think iris is appropriate for a teen/someone in high school, especially when you're looking to impress the opposite sex. I just tried a spray with my 15 yr old cousin and she doesn't approve. You'll be made fun of for smelling like lipstick, makeup, and grandma's kiss. If you wanna be unique then good for you. Just don't fall off the edge. This scent is very tricky and complex. It's not a simple frag to wear.
    Current Top Picks:

Unknown Pleasures
    Tuscan Leather
    D&G The One
    Pure Havane
    Intense Cafe
    Xerjoff Lira
    HdP Ambre 114

I'm not even sure our young OP is still monitoring this thread, but I'm gonna suggest you Mont Blanc Individuel. It is an inoffensive smell that is just gorgeous, it's really cheap and I am pretty sure it's gonna please every person you are around. Great fragrance IMHO, give it a sniff