Code of Conduct

Default Chanel No. 5 Eau de Cologne (how old?)

Good Morning,

My grandmother gave me this Chanel No. 5 bottle about 3 months ago. As you can see it is the cologne version. It is a splash bottle. Smells heavenly. (See pic of bottle below)

Her and my grandfather used to travel a lot and she thinks she got it in a duty free shop in Japan or somewhere. Her memories are faint as she also thinks she might have bought it in a Chanel boutique somewhere. She said she definitely did not get it at a mall kiosk, a fragrance store in a mall where they sell a lot of bottles. She could not have purchased it on the internet bc the internet did not exist at that time.

The bottom of the bottle has "HF" almost like stamped on it. And then the Chanel Logo (The 2 C's) is etched i i to the glass. The pictures of the bottom are too faint to see what i just described. Thanks so much guys and gals!

image.jpgr
    Last edited by TheOpiumJuices; 13th August 2014 at 04:40 PM.

Default Re: Chanel No. 5 Eau de Cologne (how old?)

I never saw the CC logo on the bottom of a Chanel bottle. It's alway CHANEL. The oldest bottle I own is from the seventies. They started etching later, in the nineties I guess, but not sure about this. I never saw a mix of etched and stamped. You could do some research when they stopped selling Eau de Cologne of N5.
    What size is the bottle? Is there anything printed on the back of the front-label?
    You cannot control your own population by force, but it can be distracted by consumption.

Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by Graphite View Post
    I never saw the CC logo on the bottom of a Chanel bottle. It's alway CHANEL. The oldest bottle I own is from the seventies. They started etching later, in the nineties I guess, but not sure about this. I never saw a mix of etched and stamped. You could do some research when they stopped selling Eau de Cologne of N5.
    What size is the bottle? Is there anything printed on the back of the front-label?
    I think i explained it wrong w respect to the 2 C's on the bottom, they are raised from the glass not etched in, my bad. I was feeling it and just now and was like shit that is not etched its raised. Anyway, there is nothing on the back of the bottle and my grandmother does not have the box anymore. The juice is definitely genuine, IMO, bc my mom and myself have had numerous bottles over the years and its the same smell, longevity, silage, and projection are solid too. I'm going to do some research and call the boutique too and ill report back.

I've come across websites that show the bottle changes by year up until 1986.