Code of Conduct

Default Now you can eat Estée Lauder Private Collection

Momofuku Milk Bar in New York create an Estée Lauder Cookie.

From foodbeast.com:
    While Christina Tosi of Momofuku didn't spray down her cookie mix with any perfume, she did capture the essence of the rose petal mix in Estée’s “Private Collection” fragrance with ingredients such as rose extract and freeze-dried strawberries.

With a mixture of milk powder, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, sugar, kosher salt, melted butter, and melted white chocolate, Tosi created her own milk crumb mix to give thecookie the sweetness to counter the sometimes intense flavor of rose extract.

Full article here, with link to the cookie recipe
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Default Re: Now you can eat Estée Lauder Private Collection

It was about time.

Cool

Basenotes Institution

Blech
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

But... Private Collection is a galbanum and baby powder thing, not roses. I love it, but it doesn't exactly go for the appetite.

Agree with Sugandaraja. Which Private collection are they referring to? Certainly not the classic, as far removed to edibleness as it gets, thankfully. I suspect they were referring to the Aerin collection.

Or perhaps they're planning to introduce a pink syrupy flanker. I remember at some point one of the flanker smelled like banana cake, I forgot which one, but it looks like it disappeared.

cacio

If you go to the recipe site, which is on esteelauder.com, they keep referring to the original Private Collection, but then they start writing about how "Estee’s prized rose extract gets an update as it goes from bottle to baked-good". So they might have just honed in on the rose and nothing else.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Yuck... This does not sound good at all... I guess I would have to sample first...

L'Artisan's new celebration of Al Oudh: the Al Oudh Shawerma. We've taken your regular truck-stop shawerma, sweated on it, and dipped it in wax, to add that authentic Al Oudh flavor!

( Next up: Dzing! candy-floss. )

Between this and Fauchon's Angel pastry, I think we just might be seeing more edible fragrances.

But a line has to be drawn. I would happily eat a cookie or other baked good based off of Shalimar, but I wouldn't do the same for MKK.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Cacio, the banana cake flanker is PC Amber Ylang-Ylang, which I've heard is pretty overpowering. It's still available, as far as I know. The other two flankers (PC Jasmine White Moss and PC Tuberose Gardenia) are both excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Agree with Sugandaraja. Which Private collection are they referring to? Certainly not the classic, as far removed to edibleness as it gets, thankfully. I suspect they were referring to the Aerin collection.

Or perhaps they're planning to introduce a pink syrupy flanker. I remember at some point one of the flanker smelled like banana cake, I forgot which one, but it looks like it disappeared.

cacio

I find the Private Collection set mostly excellent ( Jasmine White Moss is a Lovecraftian horror, but I seem to be alone in that opinion ), though I wouldn't quite feel comfortable eating Amber Ylang-Ylang because of a quite noticeable tobacco note. Still, much more gourmand than the others.

Yes, Amber Ylang (where the ylang was substituted by a banana, I guess). Very gourmand overpowering. Unlike sug, I liked the white jasmine a lot, though not enough to buy a bottle. An interesting attempt of a new chypre, very clean and white. It would make an excellent clean masculine, if it were marketed that way.

cacio

Don't think I would like that concoction.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Perhaps it would complement interestingly the aforementioned Angel pastries by Fauchon