Code of Conduct

Default Etat Libre d'Orange bottle design

IMG_1734.jpg

Well, I have a bottle from ELDO Encens & Bubblegum.

And it looks like this...

I have never seen this bottle design anywhere.

What do you think about this? Old? New? Fake?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Etat Libre d'Orange bottle design

The actual bottle looks pretty similar to the Tom of Finland bottle.

The top, typeface & ribbon are different 'though.

Was it bought online?
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    The actual bottle looks pretty similar to the Tom of Finland bottle.

The top, typeface & ribbon are different 'though.

Was it bought online?
    I see that now. Thank's for posting this.

I bought it from a respectable niche webshop www.parfumaria.com.

It came in the same box as usual. But the bottle inside was different.

Oh, and the juice smells the same as my sample from the sample box

Basenotes Plus

Interesting, TLS - I wonder whether anyone has more info. on their bottles?

Glad it smells right, 'though

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Interesting, TLS - I wonder whether anyone has more info. on their bottles?

Glad it smells right, 'though
    Thank's for you input Ipp.

Well I have the bottle for a couple of months now. But as it was my SOTD -yesterday- I decided to take a pic and post it. Also looking forward to see if others have any news on this.

I can't remember where I read it but the owners of ELDO said that they were in process of changing their packaging. The feedback from their partners/distributors were that the packaging wasn't luxe enough for markets like Russia. And since they wanted to take the next step and be something more than a zany niche brand they were going to make some changes. I wouldn't be surprised if a significant price hike will be part of that strategy...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Basenotes Plus

Could you have read it here, furrypine?

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    I can't remember where I read it but the owners of ELDO said that they were in process of changing their packaging. The feedback from their partners/distributors were that the packaging wasn't luxe enough for markets like Russia. And since they wanted to take the next step and be something more than a zany niche brand they were going to make some changes. I wouldn't be surprised if a significant price hike will be part of that strategy...
    Thank's for your input. If this is the case. I kinda liked the old look more. Still, funny that it was the old box and another bottle-design...

Basenotes Institution

I like the old design also
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I've send an e-mail to ELDO customer service. Let's see what news this will bring.

And possible reformulations. Watch this space.

I've found this on ebay. It's not Encens & Bubblegum but this box would fit my bottle better. Guess I got the new bottle in the old box.

$_35.JPG

Or, possibly, an old bottle?
    See:
    http://www.profice.jp/brand/e/etat-l...e-dorange.html
    (sorry, all in Japanese - but you can see images of details of some bottles.)

It says the original bottles had actual ribbons through a metal eyelet of the label, then moved onto printed versions of ribbon/eyelet/label (like the OP has uploaded,) and by 2009 changed into the round bulls-eye labels.

Quote Originally Posted by Pochi View Post
    Or, possibly, an old bottle?
    See:
    http://www.profice.jp/brand/e/etat-l...e-dorange.html
    (sorry, all in Japanese - but you can see images of details of some bottles.)

It says the original bottles had actual ribbons through a metal eyelet of the label, then moved onto printed versions of ribbon/eyelet/label (like the OP has uploaded,) and by 2009 changed into the round bulls-eye labels.
    Thank's for sharing this.

Now I have an old bottle in a new box!

"wasn't luxe enough for markets like Russia"

I can't remember where I read it but the owners of ELDO said that they were in process of changing their packaging.
    Also remember reading something to that effect. Was just in their flagship store in Paris briefly recently and I saw two bottles that looked like the one pictured.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Isn't that the real old bottle. From time they didn't have colourful design? I have seen those many years in Ebay. They have just revamped their bottles, so the newest design must be atleast their third.

Thank's Hednic and Jaakiem for your input. It's starts to being a little confusing now. Is it new or old? I got an email back from ELDO after I described the bottle and asked more info on the bottle design.

Sometimes, old packagings are already online, but please do not hesitate to send us a picture of the bottle you bought.
    We will tell you quickly if it is a fake flask or not.
    We also want to inform you that there is only one size for Encens & Bubblegum, of 50 mL.

This doesn't clear my mind for the moment. I provided them the picture... I said I bought it from www.parfumaria.com. I think they are kidding me about it being fake or not (another fraghead who is getting hysteric). The bottle isn't fake. If I would have bought a fake bottle there I guess she could put down her business.... Just want to know if this is the old or new look and what design their future releases will have....

Thought I'd share I got an e-mail back from www.parfumaria.com. Maria is always so kind and has real passion for perfume. She said it's impossible that it's an old bottle as she get's new stock from ELDO every two weeks... She finds it very annoying also, all the design changes. Especially for collectors I guess.

That is the style of their original packaging. I have a bottle of Vraie Blonde that I bought in their shop in Paris when they first opened, looks just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    That is the style of their original packaging. I have a bottle of Vraie Blonde that I bought in their shop in Paris when they first opened, looks just like that.
    Thank's for your reply.

So who has put me up with an old bottle (or should I say vintage ). Parfumaria or the place where Parfumaria gets the bottles?

I got this answer from ELDO this morning...

This is genuine Etat Libre d'Orange bottle that uses the old bottle design. By old I mean we switched to the coloured design about 4 years ago. We continued to produce both design up until two years ago in order not to waste labels or boxes (we try and be a bit eco-friendly :-) ) Considering Parfumaria last order to us, I would expect this bottle to be about two years old.

No worries to have regarding the quality of the scent and its integrity. We use the finest raw material there are and thanks to a process called 'icing' being used during production, you can expect the olfactory integrity to be preserved for at least 3 years.