Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,618

    Question Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    I added (I swear) Perris Monte Carlo Rose de Taïf about a week ago. It has not showed up. Is there an approval process and if so, how long does it take for approval?
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  2. #2
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,516

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    empirically, sometimes day or two, sometimes maybe a month.

  3. #3
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,377

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    I submitted this a while back but I may not have pressed the button properly.

    It's a re-named one as it used to be called Rossy de Palma
    http://etatlibredorange.com/boutique...ction-100.html
    http://etatlibredorange.com/boutique2/fr/parfums/
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

  4. #4

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    There is a system in place which picks fragrances for publishing in a particular order. Unfortunately I forget the exact details - Grant could tell you - but most will be from this year, a certain number will be ones that have been waiting so long, and so on. Currently Grant is still personally checking everything that gets published.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    I submitted this a while back but I may not have pressed the button properly.

    It's a re-named one as it used to be called Rossy de Palma
    http://etatlibredorange.com/boutique...ction-100.html
    http://etatlibredorange.com/boutique2/fr/parfums/
    I'm a bit confused about this one - is it the same juice, different name? In which case it just needs an alternate name on the fragrance page. The packaging looks new though.

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,377

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    It seems to have been re-launched with a new name & packaging so may differ from the original?
    Sorry, Judith, I don't know as my sample is of the new version.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

  7. #7

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Okay, thanks, will add checking it out to my list!

  8. #8
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,377

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    From this link, the notes are the same so it looks like it's been re-named
    http://www.luckyscent.com/product/47...libre-d-orange
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Im hoping Caribbean Joe gets added soon

  10. #10
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,377

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Hi thehogester!

    If not already done, please submit details using the link in my sig.- there does appear to be a slight delay at present.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

  11. #11
    Sound Scents
    drseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Northern VA/DC Area
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Hi thehogester!

    If not already done, please submit details using the link in my sig.- there does appear to be a slight delay at present.
    I guess "slight" is a relative term, but the ones I submitted over 2 months ago not mention other less old (to the old link in the forum sticky) are still not up, so I guess it is just a waiting game. I really hope a priority of the site is to find a way to allow vetted users to research and add compositions themselves to speed things up database wise, as from a reviewer standpoint it is very frustrating...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

    6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

  12. #12
    Basenotes Junkie james1051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    How does one even go about submitting/identifying fragrances for addition to the Directory? I'd like to add Iunx L'arbre, but darned if I see how to do that.

    Also, I noticed that there is no separate entry for Tam Dao in the 2013 EdP concentration (although there is an entry for the older TD EdT).

    thanks

  13. #13
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,377

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Hi james1051!

    There's a link in my signature - you don't need to fill in absolutely everything.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

  14. #14
    Basenotes Junkie james1051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Hi james1051!

    There's a link in my signature - you don't need to fill in absolutely everything.
    thank you!

  15. #15
    Basenotes Junkie james1051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Hello, I submitted Iunx L'Arbre for inclusion in the Directory, along with others. The others have appeared, but not the Iunx. Can anyone help with that one?
    thanks!

  16. #16
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,516

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Long long time ago I've added Dior Homme (2012) and Dior Homme Intense (2012) and they're still not in the directory. So, I'm asking if - someone else could do it?

    Dior Homme Sport 2007 and DHS 2012 are both in the directory, which is cool but also trivial and pointless if the other two new versions are not in it.

  17. #17
    Moderator
    furrypine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    3,035

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    Hello, I submitted Iunx L'Arbre for inclusion in the Directory, along with others. The others have appeared, but not the Iunx. Can anyone help with that one?
    thanks!
    If you've submitted it, it's in line waiting for approval. It can take a bit of time for it to show up, you just have to be patient
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

  18. #18
    Moderator
    furrypine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    3,035

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Long long time ago I've added Dior Homme (2012) and Dior Homme Intense (2012) and they're still not in the directory. So, I'm asking if - someone else could do it?

    Dior Homme Sport 2007 and DHS 2012 are both in the directory, which is cool but also trivial and pointless if the other two new versions are not in it.
    I can't say for sure what happened, but were these new products or reissues? I am asking because sometimes reissues are not found "worthy" of a separate entry.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

  19. #19
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,516

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    I can't say for sure what happened, but were these new products or reissues? I am asking because sometimes reissues are not found "worthy" of a separate entry.
    On fragrantica they're separate. Color of the juice in the bottle is different and even the notes list is a bit different too. I'm telling you, it is as same as DHS 2007. and DHS 2012. which are both in the directory here. Difference is well enough as those are quite reformulations.

    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/D...mme-13015.html
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/D...Homme-230.html

    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/D...nse-13016.html
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/D...ense-1771.html

  20. #20

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    Hello, I submitted Iunx L'Arbre for inclusion in the Directory, along with others. The others have appeared, but not the Iunx. Can anyone help with that one?
    thanks!
    Hello, as mentioned above
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith Brockless View Post
    There is a system in place which picks fragrances for publishing in a particular order. Unfortunately I forget the exact details - Grant could tell you - but most will be from this year, a certain number will be ones that have been waiting so long, and so on. Currently Grant is still personally checking everything that gets published.
    That said, I can now publish things which I personally add, although I can't do that for anyone else's additions, but it should speed things up as mine will no longer clog up the queue.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by thehogester View Post
    Im hoping Caribbean Joe gets added soon
    These are on now, although no piccies as yet.

  22. #22
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,516

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    One suggestion. Since TM changed name of A*Men Pure Shot to Pure Energy, I'm suggesting that it'd be added and look something like A*Men Pure Shot/Energy . Basically adding a slash and "Energy" to the name.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    I know this is not the correct place for this, but don't know where to ask about it. We can add new fragrances that are not in the directory, but what about adding new fragrance houses? There are so many new houses that start up every year and I don't see a way to get them onto the directory?

    I recommend: Arte Profumi and their fragrances:

    Fumoir
    Ecclesiae
    Bohemien
    Harem Soiree
    Secret

    Their notes and information on the line can be found on First in Fragrance website: http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragra...e-profumi.html
    STARTING ROTATION: BtV Oxford • Cologne du Parfumeur • Jaisalmer • Sel d' Vetiver • Javanese Patchouli • Azemour les Orangers • Bergamote 22 • Homme L' Eau • Bois d' Ascese • Bowmakers • Ex Idolo Thirty Three • AA Erdenstern • Boston Ivy • Bitter Rose Broken Spear • Bleu EDP • LL Santal 33 • Aventus • Jardin d' Amalfi • BtV Chelsea • Vetiver Veritas

  24. #24
    Moderator
    furrypine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    3,035

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Buzzlepuff, you can still add them by using the form: http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

    Pull down the House menu, and choose "unlisted house", it's the first choice in the menu. Then go to the last box of the form, list the house, and register the data on the fragrance in the appropriate boxes. Remember to list the info about the house for every fragrance you enter.

    Alternatively, you can list houses on the forum Missing Fragrances List , and I will enter them for you.

    I will start working on the Arte Profumi line right away
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

  25. #25
    Sound Scents
    drseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Northern VA/DC Area
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Buzzlepuff, you can still add them by using the form: http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

    Pull down the House menu, and choose "unlisted house", it's the first choice in the menu. Then go to the last box of the form, list the house, and register the data on the fragrance in the appropriate boxes. Remember to list the info about the house for every fragrance you enter.

    Alternatively, you can list houses on the forum Missing Fragrances List , and I will enter them for you.

    I will start working on the Arte Profumi line right away
    Do we have any update as to what the backlog on user requested additions to the directory is? I know some perfumes that I submitted for Chabaud over 6 months ago still have not been added (nor any of the other releases I put in since then).
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

    6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

  26. #26

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Do we have any update as to what the backlog on user requested additions to the directory is? I know some perfumes that I submitted for Chabaud over 6 months ago still have not been added (nor any of the other releases I put in since then).
    I've added the Chabaud ones now – they won't show up in the search until tomorrow but the links are on the Chabaud page: http://www.basenotes.net/company/104111

  27. #27
    Basenotes Junkie james1051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Buzzlepuff, you can still add them by using the form: http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

    Pull down the House menu, and choose "unlisted house", it's the first choice in the menu. Then go to the last box of the form, list the house, and register the data on the fragrance in the appropriate boxes. Remember to list the info about the house for every fragrance you enter.

    Alternatively, you can list houses on the forum Missing Fragrances List , and I will enter them for you.

    I will start working on the Arte Profumi line right away
    Furrypine, I've submitted twice, several months ago, the Olivia Giacobetti perfume Iunx L'Arbre. For whatever reason, its never been added to the Directory. Would appreciate it if you could add to the Directory.

    Also David Jourquin Cuir de R'Eve

  28. #28
    Moderator
    furrypine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    3,035

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    Furrypine, I've submitted twice, several months ago, the Olivia Giacobetti perfume Iunx L'Arbre. For whatever reason, its never been added to the Directory. Would appreciate it if you could add to the Directory.

    Also David Jourquin Cuir de R'Eve
    James, Cuir de R'Eve has been added: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26145382.html

    I will add the one from Iunx. But don't forget that my entries, just like yours, will have to wait in line for Grant to approve them, so I can't make any promises when it will appear in the directory.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

  29. #29

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Approved the Iunx one.

  30. #30
    Basenotes Junkie james1051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Approved the Iunx one.
    thank you sir! (obviously, I like the fragrance!)

  31. #31
    Dependent Arij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    1,676

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    I don't know where else to mention this, but Tom Ford Patchouli Absolu needs a picture. It's quickly climbing up my most worn, and I hate to just see the default image for such a great scent.

  32. #32
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,516

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Cetervm censeo:

    1.) Huddler wears not integrated to this date
    2.) Times worn for frags to return and coexist with ppl worn
    3.) Only top 50, whilst Huddler had the whole directory
    4.) Wardrobe icon change ability FOR ALL!
    Last edited by Zgb; 11th February 2015 at 07:39 AM.

  33. #33
    Basenotes Junkie james1051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Certain of the Slumberhouse fragrances (Jeke, Ore, Norne, Vikt) have entries in the Directory for their EdP formulations, but not for the later extrait formulations. I think that Ore and Vikt, however, not sure about the other two, had rather substantial revisions when they went to extrait strength (certainly would defer to dead idol for confirmation of this). And so, would it be possible to add, or may I add, the extrait versions of those fragrances to the Directory?

  34. #34

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    I will start working on the Arte Profumi line right away
    Thanks.

  35. #35

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    Certain of the Slumberhouse fragrances (Jeke, Ore, Norne, Vikt) have entries in the Directory for their EdP formulations, but not for the later extrait formulations. I think that Ore and Vikt, however, not sure about the other two, had rather substantial revisions when they went to extrait strength (certainly would defer to dead idol for confirmation of this). And so, would it be possible to add, or may I add, the extrait versions of those fragrances to the Directory?
    Hi, passing this request on to Grant. We generally stick to just the one version of a fragrance, for the sake of simplicity and so as not to flood the directory with groups of very similar fragrances.

  36. #36
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,516

    Default Re: Missing fragrances and adding them to the data base.

    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26137122.html

    Found another missing review, not mine however, but someone else's. The counter says there's 1 neutral rating review in there, however it's missing.

Similar Threads

  1. Adding fragrances to directory
    By Scentdawg in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th December 2011, 02:40 PM
  2. Adding missing fragrances
    By QWERTYOP in forum Community Centre Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th August 2011, 05:23 PM
  3. How to keep shampoo base thick when adding fragrance
    By bshell in forum Fragrance DIY
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18th April 2011, 05:32 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 5th February 2011, 07:47 PM
  5. Adding fragrances to wardrobe
    By Prettyangelface in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st March 2008, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000