Code of Conduct

Default Wearing Lomani's AB Spirit Silver first time today

I am wearing Lomani's AB Spirit Silver first time today, and I am impressed.

It has been quite a while since I enjoyed a relatively inexpensive fragrance so much. I blind-bought both AB Spirit Silver and AB Spirit Platinum, and recieved yesterday. Based purely on this one wear of silver, I am certain to get my money's worth and then some. The fragrance is at six hours since applying and still going good. I get a whiff now and then as I move in my office. Nice.

Now I am wondering what other Lomani fragrances I should blind-buy. Silver is basically a copy of Adventus. Platinum a copy of TDH. (I had a small spray on my arm last night, seemed like a decent TDH clone) What are the other ones like? Are any of them original designs? I have read that all the AB Spirit XXX fragrances are clones of something else, and that they all have good longevity. Also, are there other ~$20 a bottle'ish inexpensive frangrances that really hit the mark like this one?

Default Re: Wearing Lomani's AB Spirit Silver first time today

I bought AB Spirit Silver blind a few weeks back & overall, my reaction is kinda so-so. It does smell pretty good, but I don't find it identical to Aventus & I also get horrible longevity from it. I've been using it under my shirt & then wearing Aventus on my wrists & neck, & it works ok for layering & saving a few Aventus sprays.
    As far as the scent. Yes, it has the pineapples & smoke, but to me they are easily distinguishable from Aventus. AB Silver's pineapple is sweeter & more candied & the smoke is not "birchy/leathery", but instead is more chemical smelling like the liquid smoke you use for cooking, or the smell from a gas grill.
    Anyway, I'm satisfied for the price, but it isn't nearly as close to Aventus as I'd thought based on reviews. Also, I get horrible longevity (either that or I'm anosmic to it after awhile). I can put 3 or 4 sprays directly under my t-shirt & can hardly smell a trace of it on my shirt when I take it off in a few hours. Like I say, it is pleasant, but it honestly reminds me of one of those Dollar Tree Jordache type knockoffs. I'm glad I have it for layering, but it in no way replaces Aventus.

I agree with most of Brians post. I was underwhelmed with AB Spirit Silver, longevity and sillage were poor and there was some kind of chemical smell that turned me off. On the other hand, I was more than pleased with Insurrection Pure II. Smells great, good longevity, just a couple dollars more than AB Silver, if you like the Aventus smell for a lot less dinero.

Some of these threads may be of interest
    http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=22074021
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Aventus clone for sure. Pretty good one at that.

AB Spirit Silver

I am happy with this one - it hits the spot for me!

I enjoy silver a lot, but combine it with insurrection pure II and you've really got a winner!

AB Silver is a very good Aventus copy IMO....and don't be fooled, it does last.(just ask others around you!) Just like Aventus the wearer becomes anosmic to it pretty quickly, but if you put a spray or two on your shirt and come back a day later I guarantee you'll clearly be able to smell it.

I tried and sold off my bottle of Intense Black, it smelt good but had very poor longevity. I also got Body and Soul and it's a great long lasting scent....which SLIGHTLY reminds me of Spicebomb, but my no means a dupe.(when it cools down this will be used heavy in my rotation) I also own Ignition and it's a very long lasting gourmand scent that is unique and not a copy of something else.

To the OP: I own 38 Lomani mens Fragrances: the standouts to be judged on their own merits IMO are: Solara For men, Volcano, Virtual, Network 3, His Love and Original Extra Black. However the others are also very nice for the price point of around $8-$12
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    To the OP: I own 38 Lomani mens Fragrances: the standouts to be judged on their own merits IMO are: Solara For men, Volcano, Virtual, Network 3, His Love and Original Extra Black. However the others are also very nice for the price point of around $8-$12
    hello hednic & bigbz - hopefully not too off topic, can you elaborate a bit more on body and soul? I have seen some threads where it is compared to BDH. But interested to know if it has tobacco and spices like spicebomb.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    AB Silver is a very good Aventus copy IMO....and don't be fooled, it does last.(just ask others around you!) Just like Aventus the wearer becomes anosmic to it pretty quickly, but if you put a spray or two on your shirt and come back a day later I guarantee you'll clearly be able to smell it.

I tried and sold off my bottle of Intense Black, it smelt good but had very poor longevity. I also got Body and Soul and it's a great long lasting scent....which SLIGHTLY reminds me of Spicebomb, but my no means a dupe.(when it cools down this will be used heavy in my rotation) I also own Ignition and it's a very long lasting gourmand scent that is unique and not a copy of something else.
    This is very true, I noticed that the fragrance is very strong and resonant with great projection for a couple of hours and then just vanishes.

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    This is very true, I noticed that the fragrance is very strong and resonant with great projection for a couple of hours and then just vanishes.
    Yep, my exact experience with this one.....after right around 2/2.5 hrs it was completely gone! I couldn't believe it...so I asked others to see if I had gotten anosmic to it like Silver? But nope, it just straight up does a disappearing act a couple of hours into a wearing:/

Quote Originally Posted by badnaam View Post
    hello hednic & bigbz - hopefully not too off topic, can you elaborate a bit more on body and soul? I have seen some threads where it is compared to BDH. But interested to know if it has tobacco and spices like spicebomb.
    Sure, I'll do my best. I got my bottle of B&S on a swap with Bigsly.(gave him Intense Black) He claimed that he thought it was Lomani's version of Bleu De Chanel....and even though I don't care much of that Chanel(even though I do indeed own a bottle of it.lol)I thought I'd give it a try. When I first sprayed B&S on my hand, it immediately hit me and I said to myself "whoa! What a minute, I've smelled this before" And I was racking my brain trying desperately to remember scent it reminded me of!(and to my nose bore zero resemblance to Chanel's Bleu) And first I thought it was like a cross between 1Million and some other spicy frag. It wasn't until I went into my room and did a spray of Spicebomb on my hand, that I immediately made the connection!

So I went about testing them side by side and there is a pretty big difference initially when I sprayed them both....Spicebomb was slightly sweeter/tobacco and cinnamon, whereas B&S is a little less sweet tobacco/amber and pepper scent. But after an hour or two, their drydowns were pretty close IMO. I think B&S is a great/long lasting scent and definitely worth a try with you like scents like Spicebomb. Especially considering the price, as I this Bigsly said he got this 3.4oz tester for under $10 shipped to me...that's outstanding in my book.

Thanks bigbz! Definitely love Spicebomb! Body and Soul moves to the top of my list . Now..only if I can match the deal bigsly got.

Yep, my exact experience with this one.....after right around 2/2.5 hrs it was completely gone! I couldn't believe it...so I asked others to see if I had gotten anosmic to it like Silver? But nope, it just straight up does a disappearing act a couple of hours into a wearing:/
    Interesting, I'm wearing it today. It isn't the best, but I get 5-6 hours. I really like the sweet & spicy drydown, the cedar in the opening is a good enough scent, but nothing special. Despite the screen name, I only own it and the regular AB Spirit, which has around the same longevity for me. I might try Essential, Silver and Platinum soon.

Quote Originally Posted by badnaam View Post
    Thanks bigbz! Definitely love Spicebomb! Body and Soul moves to the top of my list . Now..only if I can match the deal bigsly got.
    You bet! I know it's a little tougher of the Lomani's to find, but you should be able to hunt around a little and score it cheap! I wouldn't say it's a dupe of Spicebomb or anything, but along the same lines IMO. I have heard that the Reyene Insurrection Dark and also whatever the brand new one is?(sorry, saw a post recently but I forgot what it's called) Are supposed to be near clones of Spicebomb from what I've heard(haven't tried them personally yet though)....so you may want to look up some reviews and pricing on those as well.

Would it be possible to start a swap forum for cheap fragrances? (less than $30).

That way people like me can trade with others instead of blind buying a lot of bottles. You mentioned other Lomani fragrances that sounds very interesting, although there isn't a lot of info out there. Virtual sounds intriguing, but i couldn't find info about Volcano or Solara for men. B&S sounds pretty nice too from what bigbz said.
    Last edited by smellyD; 20th August 2014 at 01:46 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lomaniac View Post
    Interesting, I'm wearing it today. It isn't the best, but I get 5-6 hours. I really like the sweet & spicy drydown, the cedar in the opening is a good enough scent, but nothing special. Despite the screen name, I only own it and the regular AB Spirit, which has around the same longevity for me. I might try Essential, Silver and Platinum soon.
    Glad to hear it works well and lasts for you! I heard other Basenoters have some luck with boosting Intense Black's longevity by double spraying the same areas. I had already traded my bottle away though before I could give it a try.:/

I used to have Essential also, mainly got it because it was compared to DHI....but alas, to me it was nothing like at all. It was a strong and balmy frag, not bad by any means....but just knew I wouldn't put it in the rotation often enough to get much use out of it, so sold it off.

nm, carry on

Hey hednic, what type of fragrance is Virtual. There were a couple threads about it, but posters weren't very consistent in describing it. How's longevity? Could you give a brief breakdown please?
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smellyD View Post
    Would it be possible to start a swap forum for cheap fragrances? (less than $30).

That way people like me can trade with others instead of blind buying a lot of bottles. You mentioned other Lomani fragrances that sounds very interesting, although there isn't a lot of info out there. Virtual sounds intriguing, but i couldn't find info about Volcano or Solara for men. B&S sounds pretty nice too from what bigbz said.
    I may be the BN king of cheap scents up for swap, and I can include samples of other cheapos so as to avoid excessive blind buying. The big problem is that shipping costs often mean it's not cost effective. I wouldn't mind doing a swap of 3 or 4 cheapos at one time, though, but most people don't have as many cheapos as I do up for swap, so again, it makes putting together a workable swap difficult most of the time.

Any info on Lomani White Gold? Which fragrance is this a clone of (if any)?

Thanks for all the posts, I will need to check out a few of these that interest me most. Blind buys dont really bother me on cheap scents other than the need to store all those bottles.

hednic....thanks for the posts...great!
    I am a BIG Lomani fan...if you could post more info on Solara...Volcano and Virtual....???? blue sky and white gold also...??
    like what category of scent are they...similar to....ect....
    I am also a fan of Franck Olivier....Have u tried any of them?? I love Black Touch....Eau de Passion and Bamboo

bigbz - i have insurrection dark and insurrection wild on the way to my house now. i will let you know about those when they get here

bigsly - you and me both, i love buying these cheapies. i currently have about 10-15 of the more popular cheapies

smellyd - i would love a cheap swap board!!!

For all those requesting a cheap swap board why not just start a thread called, wait for it, "Cheap Swaps"

Then you can all list and trade to your hearts content with everything in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    For all those requesting a cheap swap board why not just start a thread called, wait for it, "Cheap Swaps"

Then you can all list and trade to your hearts content with everything in one place.

Any trading needs to be done in the Marketplace and comply with the rules.

There is a dedicated Swap board where those meeting Marketplace requirements may start threads showing their own swaps.

Thanks.
    Last edited by lpp; 20th August 2014 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Any trading needs to be done in the Marketplace and comply with the rules.

There is a dedicated Swap board where those meeting Marketplace requirements may start threads showing their own swaps.

Thanks.
    I think we're saying the same thing, aren't we?

There's a board, where eligible people may swap fragrances. One of these fine folk can, if they so choose, decide to start a thread to facilitate the trade inexpensive fragrances with like minded souls.

I wasn't sure whether it was being proposed that an all purpose thread for everyone to post their swaps in was being discussed - that would not meet the rules.

Any qualifying member may offer their own items for swap in the Swap section or members may swap privately using the pm system.
    Last edited by lpp; 20th August 2014 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremugler View Post
    bigbz - i have insurrection dark and insurrection wild on the way to my house now. i will let you know about those when they get here
    Sweet, I can't wait to hear your thoughts about them!

I am wearing Lomani's AB Spirit Platinum today, and though I like it I feel it is not as good a composition as Spirit Silver is. Platinum is definately a Terre D'Hermes copy, but it changes to "other" at times (chemical? smoke?), and does not have the same finish. For ~$20 it is a good value. Can it replace TDH 1-for-1? Definately no. But I will wear it for it's own merits. I am becoming a Lomani fan, I need to pick up a few more.

Sweet, I can't wait to hear your thoughts about them!
    I'm going to start a thread on insurrection wild. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I think you'll be happy to read it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puremugler View Post
    I'm going to start a thread on insurrection wild. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I think you'll be happy to read it!!
    Thanks man, I appreciate it....I'll keep an eye out for it!