Code of Conduct

Default Best Designer Lotions/Body Creams to combine with scents for added longevity

Hey guys,

I recently bought Oud by MFK and felt a little disappointed by the sillage and longevity, not that it was bad it was just a $300+ bottle. Well i found out that combined with the $65 matching lotion it is absolutely amazing. It lasts all day and feels great.

I also own 100mls of TF Oud wood and was wondering if anyone had any experiences with that matching lotion in particular?

Also let me know about any other great lotions that maximize our fragrances!

Default Re: Best Designer Lotions/Body Creams to combine with scents for added longevity

Perhaps a just a good quality unscented lotion would do the trick of extending the longevity of the other scent without the need of purchasing the matching lotion. Just a thought.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Best Designer Lotions/Body Creams to combine with scents for added longevity

Usually the lotions do last longer than the perfumes - I have no idea why, its the chemistry of the lotion vs the liquid.

Basenotes Plus

I don't have MFK Oud, other than a sample, but... I do have Tom Ford Oud Wood EDP and the Oud Wood moisturizer, and I have to say the combination works amazingly well. The moisturizer not only enhances the fragrance itself, but it allows it to last several more hours than the EDP on its own. It also works exceptionally well with TF Tobacco Oud EDP, which I also own and love. If you can, give it a try at Neiman Marcus or Bergdorf Goodman - they both carry it - and see if it works with MFK Oud. I suspect it should work well and the oud note in the moisturizer should help with the MFK fragrance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    IThe moisturizer not only enhances the fragrance itself, but it allows it to last several more hours than the EDP on its own.
    How much does the moisturizer run?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    $65 for a 5oz tube.
    And how long do you find that lasts you?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    And how long do you find that lasts you?
    LOL, no idea! I only wear this particular one when I put on Oud Wood or Tobacco Oud... so at this rate - it will last me a few years. ;-)

they must price collude, mfk is the same. just bought a 100ml of oud wood so i will deff go get the lotion on your recommendation. I actually have the oud wood bar so soap hahah, no lasting smell i just feel like a beast and enjoy a shower so much more .

Though not properly designer and also a quite belated reply, some of the best results in prolonging longevity I had with the matched scented body lotions same as the Yves Rocher fragrances. There was a slight improvement of longevity and even of skin well-being altogether (even if both sensations are largely subjective), projection and sillage however, not so much.

I use Aveeno unscented lotion. Perfect for extending fragrance life.

Anyone try the Neroli Portofino lotion either? Just got a bottle so now Im stuck between OW or NP lotion....