Code of Conduct

Default CK Man vs Euphoria

Hey BNers,

I am doing a trade with a friend in DK for some frags, and he offered me a bottle of Euphoria or Man. I have never tried either, but I am quite a CK fan so I was wondering how these two smell? What are they similar to?

And of course, based on what I like, which one will seem better for a young man?

These are what I like for everyday use:
    CK Eternity/Escape/Contradiction
    Lanvin Avantgarde
    Versace Blue Jeans
    D&G The One

I hope you can help me out here

Default Re: CK Man vs Euphoria

My pick of the two would be Euphoria.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    My pick of the two would be Euphoria.
    Okay, how come? Just wanting some knowledge about these two, as I know very little about them

Thanks for the reply

I'd choose Man. A pleasant woody fresh scent related to Fahrenheit. Euphoria had that boring sueded note going on, I didn't care for it, and longevity was pathetic.

I don't know "Man", but I quite like "Euphoria". It's sweet, but not too sweet. I would put it in the same neighbourhood as "Le Mâle" and "Spicebomb", but it's less sweet than either of those. I get compliments when I wear it. Decent longevity, very good sillage. Not a warm weather fragrance, though; it becomes cloying when the temparature rises.

Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    I'd choose Man. A pleasant woody fresh scent related to Fahrenheit. Euphoria had that boring sueded note going on, I didn't care for it, and longevity was pathetic.
    Completely agree. Man is very similar to Fahrenheit. Euphoria is a sweet synthetic mess with no longevity.

Personally I can't stand Euphoria.. because I don't like the combination of fruity notes to suede. It's along the lines of Guess Suede, and Usher for men, these 2 I prefer because they are more balanced. Euphoria isn't very well balanced at all.. the suede note is too dominant for me. The good Euphoria is the Intense version, much more rich, with a decent oud note.

CK Man on the other hand is a beautiful scent to me. It's very subtle though, and doesn't project very well. I do love the bay leaf note though, which is quite prominent, along with a lot of violet leaf, citrus and mint, into a woodsy and incensey base. I think its subtleness is why people don't talk about it, but it's actually a diamond in the rough to me, smells excellent and different, just performance sucks.

Then again most newer CK fragrances SUCK in the performance department, except for Shock.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Personally I can't stand Euphoria.. because I don't like the combination of fruity notes to suede. It's along the lines of Guess Suede, .......
    Funny, the only reason I'd recommend Euphoria over CK Man is for the very reason that you give in your excellent description, whereas CK Man is pleasant enough but not a standout for me.

As I see it, there is exactly a 50:50 chance that the OP will be happy or mildly disappointed, whichever one he chooses.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    Agree completely, word by word!
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

Thanks for all your replies. I travelled a bit, so I could try both.. I was on the verge with both, so I figured it would be best to smell them.

Euphoria was nice, but very shortlived. A bit too sweet for my taste, but nice.

Man was very good though. I can see the Fahrenheit comparison, especially in the initial blast of scent. It dries down nicely, to a woodsy scent. It's not very groundbreaking, just quite nice and old fashioned. This will do me well. I have plenty of scents for special occasions, sometimes its nice with a good old scent for everyday use.

Thanks for your input

I would choose the Intense version of Euphoria. It solves the longevity issues that the original had
    ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧UK Sale Thread: Niche & Designer bottles for sale UK✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Current Top Favorites:
    1) DAVIDOFF Silver Shadow Private Blend
    2) BOND No.9 New York Oud
    3) LUBIN Idole de Lubin (eau de parfum)
    4) MONT BLANC Legend Intense
    5) CHARRIOL Eau de Parfum pour Homme
    6) YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense
    7) DIOR La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit
    8) SCENTSTORY 24 Gold
    9) HERMES Voyage d'Hermès Parfum
    10) LATTAFA Ameer Al Oudh

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ UK Niche, Rare & Designer Complete Decant List UK ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ Facebook Decant List ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Euphoria

u4uh!
    There's ice on the sink where we bathe ....So how can you call this a home.... When you know it's a grave

Euphoria anyday.

i prefer euphoria intense