Code of Conduct
o

Question Help identifying Chanel Antaeus batch/production date

I have a supposedly vintage bottle of Antaeus but I have no clue when it was made. My partner said it was his father's from the 80's, but I don't know how accurate that is. I will try and attach some photos. I haven't done a side by side test of this one to the current formulation either, but I do know that this fragrance is nuclear!

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

-Wes

jason_newton

Default Re: Help identifying Chanel Antaeus batch/production date

Are you definitely sure of authenticity? There should be additional lettering above the CHANEL lettering.
    Also, it should say 642013 on the back beneath the 100ml details (I believe that only applies to USA bottles).

Having said that, the base certainly looks good.

maybe someone else can help?
    Last edited by jason_newton; 29th August 2014 at 04:14 PM.

It's definitely real. I'm familiar with the scent. I think it is just an old bottle.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

From the pictures, it looks fine and old!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

jason_newton

I've never seen an 80s bottle without lettering above the CHANEL title but it's entirely possible. Even testers from that period did specify what they were - EDT, Apres Rasage etc.

The bottom of the bottle and the back look fine, I think. Pity you don't have the box - that would allow clarification beyond all doubt.

If it smells good, that's all that matters.

Maybe It's off topic but I blindly bought what It was supposed to be a vintage splash Antaeus bottle from Strawberrynet and passed a year using it as if there wasn't anything missing until I finally found a perfume store that carried it and tried the spray version to compare with mine...It was a shock to discover that all basenotes fellows were right when they definitely could feel a nuclear smoky accord in it!!
    Try to figure out how my Antaeus smelt like!!! I don't think It was fake as the dealer is really trustable, but for sure It was ooo..ooold stock.
    Currently wearing: Maserati by Italart