Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: What Are The Best Tobacco Colognes...Without The Sweet, Honey Or Powder?

It's unfortunate colognes don't come in difference scent versions - like a specific line. For example, a launch of tobacco colognes - one sweet, one boozy/leather and a third option. That way if you like the scent overall, but prefer the boozy version to the sweet version, that's the one you can buy.

Default Re: What Are The Best Tobacco Colognes...Without The Sweet, Honey Or Powder?

Any new tobacco colognes out this summer that fit the bill?

Another vote for Sonoma Scent Studios Tabac Aurea. No mention yet so SMN Acqua de Cuba. I use both of these in the summer and I to prefer the non-sweet cigar like frags.

Default Re: What Are The Best Tobacco Colognes...Without The Sweet

The only Tobacco frags that I Know that are on the budget side are a bit sweet.

West Third Brand Tobacco 1812

Other,
    -Dry Tobacco Cigar type-
    Remy Latour Cigar
    Frank Boclet Tobacco
    Cigar Aficianado
    Odori Tobacco
    Annick Goutal Eau de Fier
    Last edited by Orgoglio italianO; 30th August 2015 at 06:30 AM.
    Currently wearing: Type by Monotheme

+1 to Montecristo, LVDP Tabac and Jeke.

Might I also suggest Cuir Cuba by Parfums de Nicolai? There is some magnolia and white flowers to begin with but this clears to reveal a dense green tobacco.

Vintage Equipage
    Schniff Schiaparelli
    Gucci Nobile
    Tobaco d' Harar

Super Member the blood on 530 27's Avatar

Default Re: What Are The Best Tobacco Colognes...Without The Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by awayalonealong View Post
    Great question, HM. I say that because I had no idea there were so many tobacco-based frags available. In my collection, I have but two: Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris and Meerschaum by Soivohle.

You can see what 45 Basenotes say about FdT here: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26123267.html According to Fragrantica: The nose behind this fragrance is Lyn Harris. Top note is pimento; middle notes are sage and pine tree needles; base notes are tonka bean, patchouli and tobacco. There are more reviews here too: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/M...abac-4804.html

My only comment about FdT is that it's an EdP and, while that may help persistence, it may also affect dryness.

I can recommend with greater confidence Soivohle's Meerschaum. Here's how Fragrantica describes it: "Meerschaum features elegant and very intense layered tobacco with a rich green undertone, spices, floral accord, cedar, wild chamomile, a dark leathery amber and green moss." And I would agree with that description. Here's the link, http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/S...aum-12374.html, but there is only one review. Alas, there's only one review on Basenotes too: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26134765.html However, both of these reviews are positive.

I would add two comments. First: Zorn, the perfumer, calls this an "absolute," so it's quite potent. Second: If your dad smoked a pipe and you liked the smell and you wanted to bottle up that smell and decant it at will, Meerschaum would get you close. However, your dad would have had to smoke a rather serious tobacco. ;-}

Hope this helps a little.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I tried Meerschaum, it immediatly remind me of Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo. Of course Meerschaum is more refined and rich.

Now I'm in awe of my seemingly mundane Neutrogena shampoo.
    The French have a phrase for it. The bastards have a phrase for everything.