Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. — Monday, 1 September, 2014.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. — Monday, 1 September, 2014.

Clive Christian No.1 Pure Parfum Concentrated Limited

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

hello all,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,vintage (o.f.) Ungaro III

Blog Entries

Morning all, & a happy Labour Day to all our American friends!

Crystal Flowers for work today.

Have a great week & month, everyone.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Terre d'Hermes Parfum.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. — Monday, 1 September, 2014.

Eau des Ξles
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Black Aoud + Aoud Lime

Hello all. Andrea Maack Craft.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Thank you, Teardrop! xo

Chanel No. 5 for me today.

Wish you all a good start to the week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good morning everyone Today I have the day off. Feeling a bit restless, but I know I really should do something about the apartment today .... Sotd for a gorgeous Autumnday is Dolce vita. Have a great day all !
    Last edited by ineespenes; 1st September 2014 at 02:11 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Juicy Couture Dirty English today

Very clever Kitami!

Quote Originally Posted by 勝美! View Post
    Last edited by kbe; 1st September 2014 at 02:13 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hello everyone!

We're still in NY, and fixin' to head out for more US Open action (Tsonga and Murray play this morning, Jon ...out of sportsmanship and respect to you and your countrymen I'll say "may the better man win", but ya gotta know that I absolutely Jo-Wilfried ...allez Jo-Willie! It should be a *fantastic* match, at any rate.) I'm in my "Tennis Magnolia", the green, fresh and vibrant, though actually not very magnolia-y, Magnolia Grandiflora Sandrine, by the ironically named house of Grandiflora ...quite chic and lovely, just not so much magnolia in there.

Thanks for all the sweet hellos and welcome backs last week. I hope to get more time in the next few weeks to catch up with y'all (Tony's leaving for his big ol' annual Asian business trip next week, so I'll be home in New Orleans while he's off wooing clients in Shanghai and Tokyo) but for now here are a few more hugs for (((everyone))) with special shout-outs to Erin (I'm joining the crowd waiting in anticipation for all the deets of your hot date, and also, I've really been enjoying Sylvie's Norell a lot lately ...an old-school hyacinth-driven floral with loads of sumptuous oakmoss. It's even gotten me a few compliments, so how about that? Real, authentic French people admiring an *American* perfume! Of course they didn't know that when they were complimenting it, hehe ), mike (sounds like you have a new beau, too - how exciting! I've been thinking of you too, and missin' your squishy sugahbear hugs); cello - did you see, I've been playing on clay! It took some adjusting - I totally get where Maria was coming from with her "cow on ice" comment, lol, but I'm having a great time of it now), mocha (thanks! Have you been watching the tennis, too?), BetsyM - what a delightful story - enjoy your gorgeous Nahema!), teardrop (I wore Beach Alien recently and thought of you the whole day!), and more hugs and hellos to Jon (now I owe you a big ol' pm ...well, not now but *soon* - I won't forget!), *dora* (big congrats to you and your clever daughter!) and you too, 30R (you've apparently got good news on the daughter and mother front - hooray!), danieq and Quarry, too - I hope y'all are having a perfectly wonderful summer!

Ttfn ...Tony says "hello."
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Morning everyone. I am off to play a tennis match soon, then will watch some tennis and do a little yard work. So I will enjoy my Labor Day by not doing too much "labor"

I'm going to try out TDC Bois d'Iris for tennis. I've never mixed it with sweat and sunblock, so we shall see how it performs.

Secret Amber by Jovan

Blog Entries

Good morning all! It's a hot, humid day here.

I've already found some good side effects of not having a child living at home:
    I cannot believe how much less laundry I am doing!
    I'm getting more sleep.
    I'm spending less money on groceries and just generally (which helps to offset the high cost of room and board.)
    Leftovers stretch farther, I don't have to cook as many meals.
    Everyday life is simpler with only one other person's wishes to consider.

SotD is Provence Santι Vervain (verbena). update: Somehow I recalled this as having more longevity. Maybe it's just the heat burning this off so fast. I've already resprayed twice, and am now overspraying with B&BW Verbena & Lemon edt.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 1st September 2014 at 05:31 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon and to all those celebrating ...

Sending healing vibes to RHM . Hope the strained back is holding up OK.

Hi there, Mrs E

Mike I'm wondering if your Vintage Tabarome buddy was a certain Joe P - I distinctly recall him waxing lyrical about it.

ADP Colonia.

Cestrum, liking the idea of those magnums

Erin
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 1st September 2014 at 04:16 PM.

Vintage Ungaro III and Amouage Rayaheen Attar. .....smelling very, very rosy indeed!
    For some super rare goodies check me out on ebay: scents-rarity
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1512613529...84.m1555.l2649

Angel by Amen today

SOTE

Hello everyone and Happy Labor day to my fellow American's. Here's hoping you have it off!

I'm heading to the dentist today! Yippee! Haven't yet chosen my scent, but I'm leaning toward one of the new Caron's to help me at least feel happy in regards to how I smell. We're expecting temps in the 100's today. Monsoon seems to have passed and we are back to temps like we get in June. This is NOT typical and I am NOT happy with it! Just sayin'

30Roses, boy do I feel you on the changes when all the kiddies move out. Makes a huge difference, but it does feel rather empty for a while. I'm sending preemptive hugs for when the doldrums set in. (I was sure I wouldn't get them, but I surprised myself!)
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Roja Dove Unspoken.

Basenotes Institution

Will take more later...off work, sipping my grande coffee @ Starbucks, on a Monday afternoon - how cool is that!?

Going to spend the afternoon with an old friend (actually an ex boyfriend of mine from many many years ago) who's in South Florida for just one day.

Wearing:

Serpentine by Comme des Garηons

image.jpg

This morning it smelled very aldehydic (which didn't bother me since when it's hot and humid outside aldehydic scents actually make me feel cool). And also I got a strong accord of basil. I don't remember that. Lately I've been craving intense green scents like this.

Happy Labor Day!!!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Good afternoon and best to all. Happy Labor Day in the good old U.S. The first unofficial day of Fall. Though here the weather seems determined to make sure we don't miss August too much. Instead we've encapsulated the entire month of August in one day: rainstorms followed by hot sun. I'm not complaining. I'm enjoying it with Orange Sanguine.

Mike, good news about the new guy! And enjoy the day with the old guy. I do like Serpentine.

Evangeline, I always catch a little of all of the Grand Slam tournaments. I'm a (dreamy sigh) Federer fan. I wish I had seen your post earlier -- I wanted to try both my Grandiflora magnolias in the summer. I'm at the age where I have to write a note to myself for things like that.

30 Roses, maybe you can convince your husband to go out on dinner dates more often, too.

Blog Entries

SotD - Wonderwood by Comme des Garcons

Blog Entries

Hugs & kisses to Evangeline!

danieq; sniggering at "have it off"! lt means something different to us Brits, he he.

Sheer Stella on this muggy evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    danieq; sniggering at "have it off"! lt means something different to us Brits, he he. .

Glad to know I wasn't the only one

Blog Entries

Great minds think alike, Jon!

Aww, get your minds out of the gutter, LOL!

All weekend it's been Mure et Musc Extreme, we do have a day off for Labor Day at my job, sweet! Kids were with Grandma today so had a day at the beach with the Boyfriend. Forgot the sunscreen so spent it mostly under the umbrella wearing a giant hat, but still very nice and relaxing.

Basenotes Plus

Good evening, dear ones!
    Thank you of the healing vibes, Jon! I do feel better today.
    SOTD was Chloe
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Sublime Vanille by Creed from a sample...

Basenotes Institution

Back home, had a fantastic day with my friend - I think he really needed someone to just 'listen' and be there for him & I was happy to be there. Had a fantastic neo-soul-food dinner at this place called 'Foxy Browns' and had the most amazing grilled fresh peaches/shrimp/arugula salad and hickory smoked ribs with deviled eggs on the side. ((stuffed))

Ending the evening in:

Shalimar (vintage Parfum de Toilette) by Guerlain

ExtremeK - welcome back & the lighthouses are just awesome!
    RHM - hope the back is feeling back to normal soon ((bear hugs))
    ineespenes - I am a BIG BIG Twin Peaks fan. I could watch those television episodes again and again and never tire of them.
    cestrum nocturnum - I do the same - after an especially busy evening I'll fall into bed, grab by iPad on my nightstand (it's my Alarm Clock) and open up this SOTD thread just to read the last of the days posts, before I turn the lights out
    Katsumi - OMG I love Etch-a-Sketch and I used to own one as a kid!
    Evangeline - ((squishy bear hugs))
    30 Roses - If you'd like I can send over my laundry sweetie...you know just to help you adjust to the new empty nest...just saying. Oh and I forgot to ask you, do you own the Provence Sante Lavender? I have seen it @ Whole Foods but I've never smelled before.
    Mocha - thanks for the reminder that today Fall begins - running around in a tank top & shorts all day it's hard to remember here in S. Florida.
    Robin-in-FL - I also had a 'beach day' (yesterday) with my new guy - my friend joined us. So nice in the sun and in the water (although the surf was rough and the jellyfish were everywhere - ick!) I have a nice tan line to show off now.
    Missing some BN members and wondering how they are: kalli, ErinK and a few other stragglers...
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

LOL Mike!!!

Oh dear Teardrop and Jon, I am afraid to ask!
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge