Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Carven Vétiver & Carven pour Homme Relaunches (2014) {New Fragrances} {Men's Cologne}

As per fragrantica :

Parfums Carven have relaunched two of their men's classics, Vétiver (1957) and Carven pour Homme (1999) in new, contemporary packagings...

Vétiver

Vétiver is known as "The first ever vetiver" (le tout premier vétiver) an allusion to its trendsetting aura since it came before the other big designer references of Givenchy Eau de Vétiver and Guerlain Vétiver.

It was previously relaunched in 2009 as Le Vétiver.

In 2014, the original formula is reported to be intact.

The Eau de Toilette, catalogued as an aromatic citrus, features top notes of grapefruit, bergamot, lemon grass with a heart of lavender, orange blossom and geranium "virilized" by nutmeg while the deep end of the scent is "very sensual" with notes of benzoin, sandalwood, cedarwood and an overdose of vetiver.

Price: 82€ for 100 ml.

carven_pour_homme.

"If Parisian chic had a sillage it would be that of Carven pour Homme,"

The composition is said to reflect the masculine olfactory codes of the house of Carven while adding an element of modernity.

The Eau de Toilette has violet leaves and grapefruit in the head notes while the heart is spicy with nutmeg, cedarwood and clary sage. The deeper end of the scent rests on vetiver and lactonic sandalwood.

Prices: 59€ for 50 ml & 79€ for 100 ml.

Read more at http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...E7oq3wHdPuv.99
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Gold Man by Amouage

Default Re: Carven Vétiver & Carven pour Homme Relaunches (2014) {New Fragrances} {Men's Cologne}

Love the old Carven Homme. Hope the relaunch is not reformulated in any way. Thanks for the heads up.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Default Re: Carven Vétiver & Carven pour Homme Relaunches (2014) {New Fragrances} {Men's Cologne}

Wow wasn't aware of this. Thanks for this info Roberto. Personally like the new design. Would love to see how they compare with what I have in my collection.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks indeed for the news. Had the chance to try some vintage Vetiver Carven only quite sometime ago and was impressed- keeping my fingers crossed that this new version lives up to the great precedent set.

Dependent

Love old Carven PH. Can't help but wonder if the juice in that dazzling new bottle will stack up. Let's hope. ..
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Thanks for the information, Roberto, I'm looking forward to the Vetiver - the original was fantastic. I don't think I'll enjoy the new Carven Homme if they add violet leave to the original formula... but no harm, no foul... I still a bottle or so of the original. I like the new bottles.

something creed-like about those bottles. Thanks for the info on this, can't wait to try them.

Cool bottles.

Wow the bottles are nice!
    I'm sure the perfumes have been reformulated or watered down.
    "I am more afraid of an army of 100 Sheep led by a Lion than an army of 100 Lions led by a Sheep."

Basenotes Plus

Very cool bottles. Not sure where they look like a Creed bottle as someone posted previously.

Interested in trying the carven !

I haven't ever tried the original Carven Homme, but yesterday got acquainted with the new Pour Homme. Quite typical for the modern fragrance world, soapy with a little (very little) hint of spices and charcterless.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

If they really relaunched the 1957 vetiver formulation, a masterpiece is born ! This was my signature fragrance for many years in the 70's.
    Currently wearing: L'Homme Idéal by Guerlain

If you have hopes that CPH will smell like CH I think you will be terribly disappointed (since the notes listed are so different).

Great Throbbing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    As per fragrantica :

Parfums Carven have relaunched two of their men's classics, Vétiver (1957) and Carven pour Homme (1999) in new, contemporary packagings...

Vétiver

Vétiver is known as "The first ever vetiver" (le tout premier vétiver) an allusion to its trendsetting aura since it came before the other big designer references of Givenchy Eau de Vétiver and Guerlain Vétiver.

It was previously relaunched in 2009 as Le Vétiver.

In 2014, the original formula is reported to be intact.

That's what they said about the 2009 incarnation.

'The new, 2009 edition, Le Vetiver is based on the old formula and encompasses natural materials of high quality'.
    What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    That's what they said about the 2009 incarnation.

'The new, 2009 edition, Le Vetiver is based on the old formula and encompasses natural materials of high quality'.
    Yes Marais, you are right, and the 2009 edition was miles away from the original 1957 vetiver. My initial enthusiasm to this announcement is starting to decline ...

are they both available now???
    I would prefer the Vetiver for sure!!

Basenotes Plus

Is the 2009 edition " Vetiver Dry"?

Great Throbbing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Is the 2009 edition " Vetiver Dry"?
    No, that's an older flanker.

I have the 2009 version above and rather like it - fresh, clean, soapy and herbal. It does smell 'natural', but longevity and sillage are lacking.
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    No, that's an older flanker.

I have the 2009 version above and rather like it - fresh, clean, soapy and herbal. It does smell 'natural', but longevity and sillage are lacking.
    Thanks Marais for the info.

Basenotes Plus

I have the vintage Carven Pour Homme and love it. It was cheap too...25 bucks! Love to try the new formulation though...Not really interested in the Vetiver release...Too many are starting to smell alike to me....no thanks.
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Pluriel for men
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Clive Christian "L"
    4.) Cuiron
    5.) Nicolai New York Intense
    6.) Bel Ami Vetiver
    7.) Invasion Barbare
    8.) Lampblack
    9.) Fougere Royale
    10.)Savile Row

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    If you have hopes that CPH will smell like CH I think you will be terribly disappointed (since the notes listed are so different).
    Yeah, this looks nothing like Carven Homme which had something like 18 notes and none of those were violet leaf, clary sage, or grapefruit. Where's the tobacco, cinnamon, vanilla, patchouli, and pretty much everything else. 18 vs 7 notes...???pfft........I'll buy that for a dollar!!!!!
    Some day's you're the statue and some days you're the pigeon.
    Currently wearing: Accord Oud by Byredo

Basenotes Plus

When are these available?
    1.) MFK Pluriel for men
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Clive Christian "L"
    4.) Cuiron
    6.) Bel Ami Vetiver
    7.) Invasion Barbare
    8.) Lampblack
    9.) Fougere Royale
    10.)Savile Row

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    When are these available?
    Available now here: http://www.sephora.fr/Parfum/Parfum-...questid=487853
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Thanks Hednic....Nothing in America yet where we can buy it? Im not sure I can buy this overseas....Can I?
    1.) MFK Pluriel for men
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Clive Christian "L"
    4.) Cuiron
    6.) Bel Ami Vetiver
    7.) Invasion Barbare
    8.) Lampblack
    9.) Fougere Royale
    10.)Savile Row

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    I haven't ever tried the original Carven Homme, but yesterday got acquainted with the new Pour Homme. Quite typical for the modern fragrance world, soapy with a little (very little) hint of spices and charcterless.
    Reading this makes me depressed. When I first saw the thread, I did not even think about Carven Homme. My brain read something else, maybe Monsieur Carven ? I thought they would have forgotten about that 1999 gem called Carven Homme.

Relaunches are a fragrance enthusiasts fantasy. Yet the companies make them into nightmares.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Midnight in Paris EDP, Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Thanks Hednic....Nothing in America yet where we can buy it? Im not sure I can buy this overseas....Can I?
    Haven't found any options Stateside yet. Still looking though.

If they ruin Carven Pour Homme I might actually cry. At least Vetiver has already been butchered. Cynicism aside I really love the house of Carven and hope they do right by these, two of their finest creations.
    "Kimi o utau yo chiisana koto ga
    Ookina hikari ni natte ku you ni
    Kakinarashite wa kakinarashite wa inotteru." -Spitz,'Boku no Guitar'
    Currently wearing: Ulysse by Vicky Tiel

Yesterday tried Carven Pour Homme again. Finally understood it reminds me of a less sweet, watered down version of Givenchy Gentlemen only (both are created by Francis Kurkdjian). SA said that is a fully new fragrance. So I think the new Pour Homme has nothing common with Homme version from 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Yesterday tried Carven Pour Homme again. Finally understood it reminds me of a less sweet, watered down version of Givenchy Gentlemen only (both are created by Francis Kurkdjian). SA said that is a fully new fragrance. So I think the new Pour Homme has nothing common with Homme version from 90's.
    Thanks for your thoughts on this one. I had an feeling it might be quite different as so much time has passed.