Code of Conduct

Default Lomani Pour Homme, a true hidden gem!

Just received this baby yesterday, and wow i used to wear this 10 years ago, so i knew i liked it but i had forgotten how good it smells!
    Among all the fragrances i own, the chanels, creeds, ysl, etc I can assure you, with serenity, that this 10€ (10€!!!!) cheapie is one of the most refined and well constructed fragrance I own.

I has such a refreshing and virile aura to it, and i'm not even much a fan of aromatic fougeres, but this one rocks! I 've already had a compliment today from a lady I've been seeing for some time
    "Wow you smell... strong!!"
    "Strong how?" I asked
    "Like... so manly!!"

note that the last time I saw her i was wearing Creed Aventus, but received nothing special. When I asked her to compare to the perfume I wore the last time (aventus), she said this one (lomani) was stronger and more virile. That says a lot to me, because Aventus is supposed to be quite potent, but apparently Lomani Pour Homme is as potent, if not more! I become anosmic to most my perfumes very quickly when I wear them, so I take these feedbacks as important.

Now this brings a question, how can Lomani can do so well constructed and potent fragrances then sell them so cheap? I'm SURE this one would beat many 70€ scents hands down in a blind test, and yet, it's10€. Because I don't detect LPH being inferior in any way to its 70€ counterparts, it is as refined and pleasant, and I don't even have any longevity problem.
    What are the materials being used to justify paying 70€ if you can have at least as good for 10€? Are they seriously charging 60€ only for the brand?

Do yourself a favor and try this one, must have in any collection, and a steal for the price
    Last edited by OneTimeOnePlace; 3rd October 2014 at 10:08 PM.

Default Re: Lomani Pour Homme, a true hidden gem!

Sometimes the quality of the scent is vastly over rated and projection and the ability of others to detect it is of primary importance. A nice scent that people can detect is better than a great one that they can not detect...
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Is this worth a purchase if I have Caesar's Man?
    Currently wearing: Joop! Homme by Joop!

Lomani PH is a "like" for me. It's often compared to Drakkar Noir and I do find them somewhat similar in the 80s powerhouse fougere genre. I actually prefer Lomani to the current formulation of DN which takes a kind of sour turn on my skin. Lomani is okay in the heart and drydown but I find the opening a bit harsh. It's been months since I've worn it but as I recall, projection and longevity are very good.
    Taxi by Cofinluxe is another decent cheap fougere that you might want to try if you like this type of frag. $6-8 online for 100 ml.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

One of the nicest dirt cheapies out there IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishFly View Post
    Is this worth a purchase if I have Caesar's Man?
    I like Caesar's Man better than Lomani, DN, or Taxi, but none of these is similar enough to any of the others to reject a purchase based on scent redundancy, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Lomani PH is a "like" for me. It's often compared to Drakkar Noir and I do find them somewhat similar in the 80s powerhouse fougere genre. I actually prefer Lomani to the current formulation of DN which takes a kind of sour turn on my skin.
    I agree 100%.

A good frag for the price, but only "good" for me. Drakkar is better imo.

For the price it is fine, and a good acquisition for someone on a budget. But I wouldn't describe it as a gem. To me it's sort of a soapy version of Drakkar Noir, but I like Drakkar Noir much better.
    Regards,
    Renato

I'm not ashamed to wear it on those not so special occasions.
    Currently wearing: 1681 by Carthusia

I refuse to buy any more of this cheap crap after falling into their trap.

Better to have fewer scents of higher quality than loads of middle of the road, ho hum fragrances.

Back in mid 80s, fresh out of school / first suit job, etc., I remember going through some bottles of Drakkar Noir and Xeryus. Didn't put much thought into colognes back then, just wore 'em. Never remember shopping for myself so I lIkely got these as gifts. Anyway, fast-forward to present, looking back I don't have fond memories of these specific scents... at all. After spending time getting to know what I like and don't AND becoming familar with the fougere/chypre/oriental categories (the H&R chart has been such a great reference in this regard), as a general rule I just don't like fresh aromatic fougeres... unless and until they move more toward woody/ambers. Lomani pH is part of that group (e.g. Jazz, Photo, Tsar, Lauder, Boss, Safari, Cool Water) and my bottle deserves a better home - anyone in the continental U.S. can pm me, if interested. Interestingly enough, to me at least, scents like Azzaro pH, Loewe pH, Edition, Tuscany, and other so-called aromatic fougeres with slightly more wood and probably more spice to their compositions are among my favorites.
    Last edited by DuNezDeBuzier; 4th October 2014 at 04:28 PM.
    Wanna Shop? --> Buzier's Sales

MY TOP 25%: Al Oudh, Azzaro pH, Basala, Bel Ami, Black Afgano, Blackbird, Blend 30, Bull's Blood, Chaps Original, Cuba, DK Men - Fuel, Davidoff '84, Derby, Edition, Elsha 1776, Equipage, Eau d' Hermes, Egoiste Cologne Concentree, Fetish pH, Fougere Royal reissue, Genghis Khan, Green Water, Havana, Jules, Kiehl's Musk, Knize Ten, Kouros, L'Homme Sage, Leather Oud, Loewe pH, Monogram, Montecristo, Musc Ravageur, Olibanum, Perry Ellis for Men Original, Piper Nigrum, Polo, Puredistance M, Santal Noble, Santalum, Sandalo (Villoresi), Tea for Two, Tribute Attar, Ungaro II, Versace l'homme, Yatagan, YSL pH

Is it just me or everytime I wear one of those 80s fragrances for some time, i feel like my other perfumes have become slightly feminine when I come back to them?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I even wear it on special occasions. Its that good, IMO.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!
    Currently wearing: cK be by Calvin Klein

€5,90 / 100ml they were in Le Clerc supermarket France, Tours. Bought two 100ml's this year.

Smells to me like a fresher, more simple version of the current Drakkar Noir mixed with some of Cool Wave aftershave by Gillette which is probably what gives this its freshness.
    Excellent value and quality for what you pay for this! Mind that Caesar's smells darker and heavier and less fresh (more like vintage Drakkar Noir).
    Both Lomani and Caesar's in current formulations start off strong but get pretty weak after two hours due to the lack of real oakmoss.
    My Top '11' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Paco Rabanne: pour homme (vtg)
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Ferrari: Essence Oud Edp
    - Dior: Fahrenheit (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Mancera: Cedrat Boise
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Knize Ten
    - Amouage: Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by OneTimeOnePlace View Post
    Is it just me or everytime I wear one of those 80s fragrances for some time, i feel like my other perfumes have become slightly feminine when I come back to them?
    I know what you mean but would not call them 'feminine' but more lacking the uber masculine (macho if you will) vibe/presence and strength most of the the 80's powerhouses have!
    My Top '11' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Paco Rabanne: pour homme (vtg)
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Ferrari: Essence Oud Edp
    - Dior: Fahrenheit (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Mancera: Cedrat Boise
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Knize Ten
    - Amouage: Interlude

Thanks for the recommendation. Will start to check if certain online retailers have it in stock.
    Currently wearing: Elite by Floris

As I'm back to the classics, I need to give it a try!
    Some weeks ago I was thinking of breaking my rules and buy an expensive Gucci Nobile bottle on ebay...
    Why, if there are nice cheapies like this?

It's ok for the price (though personally I didn't keep my bottle) but there are many better, older scents who will only cost a little more.