Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Vetiver Geranium appreciation thread

From recent threads, this seems to be a favorite among the Acqua Originale line, but I still don't think VG receives as much praise as it should.

It's more than just a nice scent, IMO. It's quite beautiful. The opening and first few hours are dominated by a smooth, round, warm scent that I can't quite place. It might have something to do with the cinnamon, which I actually usually don't care for in fragrances, but here it's blended in for a purpose. Perhaps it's helped by ultra-smooth patchouli? The rose and geranium are very nice and give a delicate touch to the otherwise warm composition. The drydown is a smooth cedar softened by musk and vetiver. This is the same cedar used in S&W, as far as I can tell. Yes, vetiver is actually here; it's listed in the notes on Creed's UK site.

Anyway, this is one of the best woody florals I've tried. It's quite sensual, to me at least. I'm also seeing signs of some Creed "aging" my carded sample that has been sprayed several times is noticeably "deeper" than the retail bottle that has only been sprayed a few times. Take from that what you will.

If you're looking for such a scent, I highly recommend this.
    Currently wearing: Asian Green Tea by Creed

Default Re: Vetiver Geranium appreciation thread

i agree, i think its the best of the Aqua Originale line. the others seem odd.
    i like how fresh it is, and id imagine in hotter climes, its great.
    however, its autumn, (read that as horridly cold and damp) here in the UK so the longevity for me is very poor, so im drawn to the original creed line.

Basenotes Plus

I feel that it's an autumn scent but maybe not with autumn strength.

Own it and love it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Nice idea, but regrettably much too delicate for my liking. I can barely smell it on myself.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Nice idea, but regrettably much too delicate for my liking. I can barely smell it on myself.
    How did you sample it (from what source)?

Basenotes Junkie

Tried Cedre Blanc and Vetiver Geranium for the first time this week while on holiday. Nice scents for sure, but a bit to feminine for my tastes...

Not the type of thing i can see any man wearing outside of being a complete fragrance whore....

My favorite of the Aqua line. Excellent in hot weather with excellent longevity (in excess of 6 hours). After reading the comments about it being feminine I am now considering a sex change.

I think I'm the only one who likes Asian Green Tea the most from the line. All of them are quite nice, but all have some small fatal flaw that keeps them from being truly excellent to me. Asian Green Tea is slightly too feminine, the others all have something... one small note, that makes them seem just a little off or odd. Not enough to make them bad, but to keep them from being excellent. I have only worn them each once or twice so far however, so my opinion may change by next summer.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Creed - Virgin Island Water
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Creed - Original Cologne
    10. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men

I love this scent as well, so much I actually bought the full bottle. (Already on discount websites). I can't seem to smell it after a couple hours, but I constantly get compliments past 10 hours. One of my favorite scents!

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I think I'm the only one who likes Asian Green Tea the most from the line.
    Wife picked it for herself actually. But I think I'm the only person that likes Aberdeen Lavander the most from this line. Vetiver Geranium is a very close second for me; but I swear it smells like something I've smelled before - which isn't a bad thing.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

How prominent is the cinnamon?
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Not prominent. It's just blended in to smooth things out. Sometimes you can pick it up though.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    How did you sample it (from what source)?
    I was given an official sample at the Creed counter of a Niemann-Marcus store. A gracious thing, considering I did not request a sample, but simply wanted to smell the line.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

Basenotes Plus

Just posting to comment on VG's longevity/projection.

This morning I applied 4 spray to my neck, 2 on either side, 1 on the front, 1 in back. A full 12 hours later, a hostess at a restaurant commented on how good it smelled.

Basenotes Plus

It's a nice scent but the performance is horrible. I had a decant and used A LOT of sprays and after only an hour and a half my wife could only smell it if she put her nose right up to my neck. I couldn't smell it on myself at all after 2 hours.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    This....I tried and tried with this one...It was a Tester I had bought for about 200 bucks 3.4oz....I just got tired of the terrible longevity and sillage...Didn't last very long on my skin and to me and to justify the price, it just didn't seem worth it when there are so many others that frankly smell better to me and last a hell of a lot longer....Creed is notorious for low to medium longevities and I hate that about them...You spend that kind of money on a fantastic scent, give us more longevity like Aventus...Fantastic ! lasts 8 hours....The Acqua line just doesn't last very long...Great scent though and certainly the best to me in the Acqua line...
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR SUMMER (HOT):
    1.) MFK Pluriel for him
    2.) Vetiver Fatal
    3.) Guerlain L'eau
    4.) Anat Fritz Tzora
    5.) Frank No. 2 L.A.
    6.) Dior Homme Eau
    7.) Invasion Barbare
    8.) Xerjoff Nio
    9.) Byredo Bal D'Afrique
    10.) Escentric 02

If I may play devil's advocate. My sister and I tried this scent tonight using the sample we got and the scent that stands out to us is the oil scent that Asians use (we are Asian). This type of oil has a warming feel when you put it on your skin and a very distinctive smell (and come in many color and variety). If you been close to any large Asian areas you will probably have smelled this without knowing what it is. If you have smelled it you will realize right a way . Hopefully.

Regardless, it still smell nice and warm for the current weather, with great performance. I love this and Asian green tea. Will probably forgo aventus to get these two for my family since aventus is nice but does not fit my personality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk