Code of Conduct

Default Abercrombie and Fitch: Fierce

image.jpg

So I just purchased Abercrombie and Fitch's Fierce today. It was that or Chanel Platinum Egoiste, and I'm not a fan of the metallic note of PE. I also tried Mont Blanc Legend, and I can see the similarities, but I still prefered Fierce.

I read about the reformulations to Fierce and Longevity problems, an I'll admit that it only lasts about 4-5 hours on me, with projection only working within the first 30 mins. But then I noticed that it has "Eau De Cologne" written at the back of the box. Colognes are supposed to be the lightest concentration of all fragrances.

But had it always been an Eau De Cologne? Or is there and EDT out there?

I mean, if it's always been an EDC then that explains a lot.

I know AF recently sold their limited quantities of the Intense version of Fierce, so does this make or a proper EDT?

Default Re: Abercrombie and Fitch: Fierce

dont worry my friend i got compliments on it few hours after i couldnt smell anything your just getting ansomic to it. i dont care if it says its an after-shave concentration, it performs on me better than most of my fragrances and lasts at least 8 hours.

you made a good choice since PE & Legend doesnt smell good and appealing as Fierce!

You know, I'm wondering if the petigrain in there is being sourced from grapefruit leaves, because I'm smelling what appears to be a very prominent and nice woody grapefruit note in there. I'm not sure if the citrus species makes much of a difference in how petigrain smells.

Whatever it is, the grapefruit or citrus smell is very nice, but it also has a slightly cloying chemical-like muskiness that's so common in many other colognes, maybe just a little skunk-like. Overall it's not bad, there's something very intoxicating/seductive about the peculiar citrus note, but it could get a little overwhelming to wear it everyday.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by EddieG View Post
    I read about the reformulations to Fierce and Longevity problems, and I'll admit that it only lasts about 4-5 hours on me, with projection only working within the first 30 mins.
    Perhaps apply an unscented lotion to your skin prior to applying the scent to see if you get an extension of longevity and better projection.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

From what I remember it has always been an EDC, as have all of their fragrances (generally aimed at a mass-market male who is unaware of fragrance terminology and thus refers to mens fragrances as "cologne")

There is a Fierce Intense, but I havent tried it.
    I can provide decants of anything I post about!