Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How long does it take you to finish a bottle of ur signature scent

Took me 2 years and a few months to finish a 6.7 ounce bottle. I was averaging about 3 sprays every time I used it and I wore it almost everyday

Default Re: How long does it take you to finish a bottle of ur signature scent

Any bottle - A very, very, very, very long time!
    Last edited by hednic; 27th October 2014 at 12:58 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Finishing a 100ml bottle would be a huge effort for most here. Let alone 200ml. Life's too short.

I'm pretty new to the fragrance game so I've yet to finish a bottle. I've finished some 15ml decants. That took 2-3 years but I had fewer scents then.

I don't have a signature scent, I do have preferred scents. With such an amount of bottles, it will take me years to finish just a 100ml bottle.

+1. No signature scent and too many bottles. I go through a couple of mls a day on average, so I have enough to last several lifetimes.

Basenotes Plus

Honestly I have some of the worst skin known to man so i go through fragrance faster than most would. This is probably why I like the heavier denser scents as they last a bit longer. I dont even want to admit how fast I can go through an average bottle.
    If you are one of those people who insist on paying full retail......Please check out my for sale thread.

Basenotes Plus

I don't think I have ever finished a bottle in my entire life. Even fragrances that I remember getting down to half full, I think that I either threw them away or gave them away. That is my goal next year though. Finish a bottle or decant of something in my collection.
    Favorites at the moment:
    Xerjoff Uden
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    Creed Aventus
    Frapin L'humaniste
    Dior Homme cologne 2013

I own more than 400 fragrances now - most are 100-125ml bottles, few are 50 ml and 75 ml and 200 ml bottles, and I don't have a signature scent.

Probably will take me 6-8 years to finish one of the fragrances I tend to reach for more often than others.......
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

I'll let you know when it happens...

Wouldn't know
    Currently wearing: Memoir Man by Amouage

Blog Entries

One thing I notice with YouTube reviewers is they are often holding up bottles that have barely been used.

I doubt I will ever finish a bottle.

Basenotes Plus

I have over 110 bottles mots of them 100ml. I doubt I'll finish any in my life time!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Any bottle - A very, very, very, very long time!
    This pretty much sums it up! :-D

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    I don't think I have ever finished a bottle in my entire life. Even fragrances that I remember getting down to half full, I think that I either threw them away or gave them away. That is my goal next year though. Finish a bottle or decant of something in my collection.

Why throw them away? did they go bad?
    If you are one of those people who insist on paying full retail......Please check out my for sale thread.

Back when I had a 'signature scent', as in using the same scent on a daily basis until the bottle was finished, a 100ml bottle would last anywhere from 1-3 months.

Not more or less than any other fragrances in my "signature rotation", since I do not really have a clear favorite within this rotation. And since I rotate 10-20 or more fragrances more or less regularly, it might take years until one out of increasingly more bottles is finished.
    Currently wearing: Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

Just killed off a 30ml. bottle of New York I've had for a number of years. Will get another soon, and I expect that's the only bottle I will ever finish.

It'll never happen again. I have too many bottles. Back when I had 4 or 5 it would happen. Probably 20 years ago.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Wow this is impressive on how many bottles you guys have ..

Does the fragrence go bad or stale??

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyT View Post
    Wow this is impressive on how many bottles you guys have ..

Does the fragrence go bad or stale??
    I have 30. You know, they just might go bad. I never hang on to a bottle long enough to tell. I swap or sell just about everything, but I have about 5 that I'll never part with, Lord willing.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I have 30. You know, they just might go bad. I never hang on to a bottle long enough to tell. I swap or sell just about everything, but I have about 5 that I'll never part with, Lord willing.

I will not swap or trade.. Personal Experience will answer my question in a few years.

I finished a 50ml bottle of Terre d'Hermes and a 50 ml bottle of Dior homme sport--was so proud of myself when I did that!--but other than that, I have never finished another bottle and probably never will.

With my current wardrobe size, ~350 bottles, I doubt I'll be finishing much.

I do spray about an ml & a half per day (2 wearings).
    for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

I don't have a signature scent. And I have no idea how long it'll take to finish a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

Ditto.
    Currently wearing: Ungaro III by Ungaro

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

About 15 sprays in total? Not bad going at all.
    What I'd like to try
    Prices Rreduced!UK Only:Kilian Incense Oud, Pure Oud/Ensar Oud/Tom Ford

My UK Swapsies!

Need 2 Roja caps if anyone can help. Muchas gracias

Current favourites:
    Frederic Malle The Night
    Creed Spice and Wood
    Creed Pure White Cologne
    Kilian Extreme Oud
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    Roja Dove UAE
    Roja Dove Fetish Pour Homme/Puredistance M
    Armani Prive Oud Royal
    Ormonde Jayne Black Gold

about 2+ years, assuming I spray a 100mL bottle 3-4 times every day. If I use it occasionally, oh man...who knows...I have a 100mL bottle of YSL Opium I've had for about 10 years now and it's still about 25% left and still smelling great. My signature scent was Chanel Allure Homme before I got into fragrances, and I'm currently on my third bottle, which is about 65% full. Been wearing it for about 8 years now. I;d be wearing my second bottle still if I hadn't dropped it and it broke.

So wearing scents can take an average of 2+ years, to a decade, to possibly a lifetime to finish.

about 2+ years, assuming I spray a 100mL bottle 3-4 times every day. If I use it occasionally, oh man...who knows...I have a 100mL bottle of YSL Opium I've had for about 10 years now and it's still about 25% left and still smelling great. My signature scent was Chanel Allure Homme before I got into fragrances, and I'm currently on my third bottle, which is about 65% full. Been wearing it for about 8 years now. I;d be wearing my second bottle still if I hadn't dropped it and it broke.

So wearing scents can take an average of 2+ years, to a decade, to possibly a lifetime to finish.