Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Welcome new-at-DIY-fragrance members! Read this first

I dilute with perfumer's alcohol, I see you're across the pond so I'm not sure about where to source that from over there but there's a couple of links on that subject in the original post in this thread.

As for percentages, I do tend to use 10% across the board. Generally the only materials where this would differ is with some of the much higher impact chemicals such as Geosmin and the various pyrazines, which tend to come pre-diluted anyway. The best way to do this is to pick up a set of digital scales so you can accurately measure out your ingredients when diluting. And be sure to label said dilutions, and to take the percentages in to account when writing out formulas.

Thank you HRLQN! This is very helpful

Thanks allot for the advices given!

Sorry, i will post this in other thread, I didnt know i was writting in this tab !
    Currently wearing: Encre Noire by Lalique

this is a great collection of links, it sounds very useful! I kneaded my first experiments just... and, at first, I read more about the "Equipment", and if I can, I will add some info about budget methods.

Talking Re: Welcome new-at-DIY-fragrance members! Read this first

This is so awesome! Thank you for taking the time to put this together. I think I have effectively spent 6 hours reading link after link after link after reply after reply... and so on. This site is awesome. You guys are great!
    Currently wearing: Princess by Vera Wang

This is such an amazing resource/list! Thank you so much for putting this together. I've been on Basenotes for months but hadn't jumped over to this forum until I got the bug again to try again and make my own fragrances. My 1st two batches were basically futzing around with Everclear and essential oils which resulted in some decent room sprays but nothing that lasted on skin. This will be a huge help. Thanks again.
    Currently wearing: Le Dix by Balenciaga

Hello, I'm new - before posting a new thread, I wanted to see if this would be appropriate:

I want to post a breakdown of the aroma chemicals/essential oils that I want to combine (ie the top notes, middle notes, base notes, accords) to get feedback on the combination and any tips on possible additions. I have to buy the components in advance and some are pricey, so I'd like to have sound advice before buying something that may not work at all.

Would this be OK?
    Currently wearing: Wild by Dsquared2

Hi All,

I am trying to make perfumes. Could anyone guide me with these questions:
    1. Can I fill alcohol based perfumes in plastic spray bottles?
    2. Is it necessary to add water in alcohol based perfume?
    3. How is mist made? Is it just more percentage of distilled water?

Quote Originally Posted by Srishti View Post
    Hi All,

I am trying to make perfumes. Could anyone guide me with these questions:
    1. Can I fill alcohol based perfumes in plastic spray bottles?
    2. Is it necessary to add water in alcohol based perfume?
    3. How is mist made? Is it just more percentage of distilled water?
    2017-06-25_151531.jpg Are you sure you read at least the beginning of this topic in which you write? It is not recommended to store perfume in plastic containers. I do not know the answer to the third question.

Hi Dmitriy,

I read all the topics mentioned in the beginning, I have also made my notes, however, I asked about the water because I was going through the ingredients of famous perfumes like victoria secrets, jimmy choo's illicit etc. and I see all of them have mentioned aqua as an ingredient too. I am just confused as in what is correct? Coz companies are adding water as an ingredient.
    About the plastic containers, yes I am sorry. I got the answer.

If you hd read all of the introductory information you would know the answer to your question. YOU DO NOT ADD WATER TO YOUR FRAGRANCE CONCENTRATE. There will be some later in the final product, but very little. It is never necessary to add water to your fragrance concentrate,

Quote Originally Posted by Srishti View Post
    Hi Dmitriy,

I read all the topics mentioned in the beginning, I have also made my notes, however, I asked about the water because I was going through the ingredients of famous perfumes like victoria secrets, jimmy choo's illicit etc. and I see all of them have mentioned aqua as an ingredient too. I am just confused as in what is correct? Coz companies are adding water as an ingredient.
    About the plastic containers, yes I am sorry. I got the answer.
    Speaking about the fact that you see water in the list of ingredients of some perfumes, you probably mean the official list of notes (the pyramid). The official "pyramid" only indicates the character of the ingredients that were used and has very little in common with the real components. For example, when it says "water" it means that certain components have been used that give a sense of wateriness. Real clear water has no smell.

Hi there, I am new to this site and would like to start making my own perfume. I have researched perfume making kits but I am not sure which is the best so many options! Natural vs synthetic etc I am willing to spend around $200 on a kit. I would like to familiarize my self with different notes and blending. I am hoping to pursue this as a career and become certified.
    Any suggestions on beginner educational perfume making kits would be very much appreaciated!
    I keep seeing perfume apprentice or mefrangrance kits online, any good?

Post Re: Welcome new-at-DIY-fragrance members! Read this first

Hi everyone,

I don't regret my registration on this great site, it's difficult to find better on the internet.
    It's really fun to read as many passionate members, beginners or professionals.

For the occasion, i will start by sharing my document that may help some members to learn about the formulation. I use it to formulate on a ratio of 1000 without doing any calculations. You will notice yellow backgrounds in some cells, these are adjustable parameters used for automatic calculations. A little translation effort will be required for the document (xlsx) because i'm french

Password for open the file: basenotes.net
    Download the file here : Formulation - Assistant Création.zip

Thank you all.
    Last edited by Fragosphere; 15th November 2017 at 02:24 AM.

Hi rrrrzai, I noticed your post is a few months old and wondering if you ever got an answer to your question? I'm wondering the same re beginner kits...

Hello everyone! I'm new to BN and to this thread since Jan '18. I've got to say that the information on this forum is VAST and overwhelming to say the least, especially for a novice like myself. I've been reading for hours and just beginning to realize how deep this rabbit hole goes...and it's deeeeep! I'm just heading out on this amazing journey and have started to acquire equipment, AC's and EO's etc. Thank you to all who have made fantastically detailed posts over the years, really appreciate your time and efforts in contributing your knowledge, expertise and experience for people like me to learn from. Many Thanks!!!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Pablomonsieur69 View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm new to BN and to this thread since Jan '18. I've got to say that the information on this forum is VAST and overwhelming to say the least, especially for a novice like myself. I've been reading for hours and just beginning to realize how deep this rabbit hole goes...and it's deeeeep! I'm just heading out on this amazing journey and have started to acquire equipment, AC's and EO's etc. Thank you to all who have made fantastically detailed posts over the years, really appreciate your time and efforts in contributing your knowledge, expertise and experience for people like me to learn from. Many Thanks!!!
    Old post, I know. But do let us know how it's getting along
    Best,
    Martin

Sent from my foil-hat using Tapatalk
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!
    Currently wearing: Versace l'Homme by Versace

Hello and thank you for this site!
    What a great resource.
    Is there a post that explains all the abbreviations in use here...I'm getting lost with all the IPM, DPG's etc.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I wanna start making fragrances as a hobby. Unfortunately I can't click on the links above like "100 first supplies (I renamed it) and "DIY Perfume Suppliers ".

Do you know why and how I can find these informations ? Sorry if i use your time.

I want to start with a good kit for about 300 euros (live in germany so any good suppliers you know should help)

Thank you all

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk