Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Talking Blind Buy ... Success!

Today, I was finally able to get my package from the post office after the long weekend. (Darn military base operation hours) The package consisted of:

Ed Hardy's Love and Luck - Well, it's definitely green. Smells a little cheap to me, but I'm gonna give it a couple wears and see what it does!

Perry Ellis 360 Red - Supposedly comparable to AdG.. Well, let's just say AdG is still a top seller for a reason, Gents!

Perry Ellis 360 White - Little synthetic at first, but now giving it a whiff, damn. I'll give that sweet powdery vanilla a thumbs up for a cheapo!

And of course, the one that is possessing me to actually come write a thread to share my opinion, is a frag that has been hyped up quite a bit in the last couple months from what I've noticed and it's not even a new scent! But, now that I've gotten my nose on it I can see why! And that scent guys, is Carolina Herrera's CH Men. This is a beautifully done fragrance. It opens with a nice macho, confident leather note, but after a little while you get this sweet smell of that 'burned' sugar you've been hearing about, and oh my goodness it's just confidence and sex in a bottle.. Jeremy Fragrance, a YouTube reviewer lead me to this fragrance in his video 'One night stand fragrance'. At one point he says this scent is pretty much saying, 'Girl, I'm gonna get you.' And man do I smell his reasoning behind saying that..It's a winner. I'm new to the site, and extremely new to trying to describe a scent for all you fragrance enthusiasts.. But if this intrigues you even in the slightest, get your nose on this stuff! Well done Carolina Herrera!

Default Re: Blind Buy ... Success!

It's always nice to feel good about a blind buy!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Great to know that your blind buys actually came off successful!

Agree with the other posters; great to have a successful blind buy..........
    My Top 5, In no particular order
    1). Creed Aventus - S042C13ZZ01
    2). Creed Aventus - C42C14F01
    3). Creed Aventus - FP42C14A02
    4). Creed Aventus - A42B11Y02
    5). Creed Aventus - A42C13Z01

I am joyful for your surprise success enjoy and Godbless.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Nice!

And I agree, CH Men is a great one. Enjoy!

Congrats man, I love when that happens!!! And yes, CH Men is a fantastic frag and my gem find from 2014 along with Black XS Potion!
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
    -Hebrews 11:1

Good to see it worked out for you. I love the thrill of blind buying, especially when it comes off.

Congrats on your purchases.
    Currently wearing: Memoir Man by Amouage

Congratulations for your selection and the success of your blind buy. Considering that blind buys are often "hit and miss" in the first place, it is even more rewarding and satisfactory to discover that your choice was the right one.

Congrats on the find. Funny I actually prefer 360 Red over ADG, regardless of the price difference.

I also agree that fortunate blind-buys are indeed fortunate.
    He boiled for our sins

Basenotes Member

Well thank you everybody, it's definitely thrilling! Whats was your most liked blind buy to date?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake94 View Post
    Well thank you everybody, it's definitely thrilling! Whats was your most liked blind buy to date?
    F by Ferragamo Black

And you've got me interested in CH Men
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Basenotes Member

Dude... Give it a sniff! Your nose will thank you!

I've hit on a few recent blind buys.

These would include: Cuba Paris Prestige, Michael Jordan Legend, Perry Ellis M, and Mont Blanc Individuel (although to be fair I did smell and like Creed Original Santal and I based this purchase on the reviews of others saying this was nearly identical to OS).

I have Mauboussin M Generation on the way so I am excited to give that a wear when it arrives.

I blind bought Mugler Cologne and it arrived today, I bought it on impulse because it's really hard to get around here for some reason and this one shop had it in stock. It smells really good although I think it's a bit feminine in the opening. About 1-2 hours it's a skin scent (I think) but smells really good! I'm gonna probably buy the huge 300ml bottle at some point, you can wear this anytime, anyplace.