Code of Conduct

Question C.O. Bigelow Bay Rum

Did you all know you can buy this on Nordstrom.com???

I'm surprised. In a good way.

Default Re: C.O. Bigelow Bay Rum

I for one didn't realize that it was being sold there. Interesting.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Interestingly enough, I purchased this one online and just received it today in the mail. It is a very well done Bay Rhum, thanks to Marais for turning me on to it.

It is more "professional" smelling than my other go-to bay rhum, Meehan Bay Rhum from Donny Boon Farm--C & O Bigelow has a slightly more synthetic vibe (not a bad thing) whereas Meehan Bay Rhum is more like a homemade brew (both are really good though). Hard to say which one I prefer right now, I have to give the C & O some more wearings and see how it performs throughout the day. Meehan has middling longevity, although if you get it on fabric (e.g. splash under your shirt then put your shirt on) it lasts all day long and then some. Meehan smells a bit more "old school," C & O Bigelow more modern.

Yes, recently purchased it from Nordstrom.com. Well-priced, prompt service, and a great Bay Rum fragrance.

Super spicy--too spicy--bay rum.

It's on my Holiday list.

I'm wearing this today. In the heart, hours 2-3, I actually get a cumin-esque note, that, when smelled up close, kind of has the smell of sweat and makes it a bit dirty. Right now (around hour 4), that note is gone. It actually doesn't bother me that much, but I just thought it was weird that it was in there.

Is anybody else getting that note?

I still like the scent, though.