Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
o

Default Re: Chanel Les Exclusifs - What are your favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by EMK View Post
    No no, from a small decant I have
    It's about time to place a sample order.

chad_721

I have full bottles of the following:

Coromandel
    Sycomore
    Bois Des Iles
    Cuir de Russie

I have tried:

Boy - I really enjoyed this, might look into getting a bottle closer to the summer

I really want to try Misia & 31 Rue Cambon, any suggestions on what is better between the two of these?

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chad_721 View Post
    I have full bottles of the following:

Coromandel
    Sycomore
    Bois Des Iles
    Cuir de Russie

I have tried:

Boy - I really enjoyed this, might look into getting a bottle closer to the summer

I really want to try Misia & 31 Rue Cambon, any suggestions on what is better between the two of these?
    I like Misia much more, I have a bottle of the EdT. It's sort of an 'extreme' version of Dior Homme (which is in itself a wonderful scent) with the chocolate/cocoa notes removed and the makeup notes of violet/iris amplified. It is one of those perfumes that are simultaneously retro and contemporary: it identifies as a retro scent for women, and a contemporary scent for men. I have tried the EdP, and you're good with it.

31 Rue Cambon (at least the EdT) is an excellent perfume (abstract iris), but I feel it just works better on women. I haven't tried properly the newer EdP, so can't comment on the changes.

I have and love Sycomore EdT and Bel Respiro EdT. I'd specifically recommend the latter for a fresh green scent. It's quite lovely.

I was underwhelmed by Boy when it came out, but I would revisit it sometime to see if my impressions have changed. It does have its fans.

chad_721

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I like Misia much more, I have a bottle of the EdT. It's sort of an 'extreme' version of Dior Homme (which is in itself a wonderful scent) with the chocolate/cocoa notes removed and the makeup notes of violet/iris amplified. It is one of those perfumes that are simultaneously retro and contemporary: it identifies as a retro scent for women, and a contemporary scent for men. I have tried the EdP, and you're good with it.

31 Rue Cambon (at least the EdT) is an excellent perfume (abstract iris), but I feel it just works better on women. I haven't tried properly the newer EdP, so can't comment on the changes.

I have and love Sycomore EdT and Bel Respiro EdT. I'd specifically recommend the latter for a fresh green scent. It's quite lovely.

I was underwhelmed by Boy when it came out, but I would revisit it sometime to see if my impressions have changed. It does have its fans.

From all that I've read, I thought I'd prefer Misia more because I was hoping it would take on characteristics of DHI, which is a favorite of mine. I'm going to go for the current EDP version and will have to blind buy so I'm trying not to make a mistake here, lol. As a guy I absolutely love the waxy makeup vibe that I get from this type of iris note, so this is an iris scent amped way up, sounds right up my alley then. Greatly appreciate your info!!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7