Code of Conduct

Default Is my Thierry Mugler Alien real or a fake?

I purchased a bottle of Thierry Mugler's Alien The Non Refillable Stones 2 oz from CVS.com, but Fragrancenet.com shipped the perfume to me. I checked the bottom of the box for the batch code number. On the right hand side next to the Thierry Mugler address, there are numbers that are impressed (not printed) into the box. First there is "80" and then under "80" are the numbers "14104." There isn't a 6-digit code. I inputted the 14101 into a web site to check batch codes, and it came back as an error. The bottom of the box has the UPC code: 439602801413. I have a bottle of Angel that I got directly from Thierry Mugler in 2011, and that box and bottle have a 6-digit batch code. I don't understand why this bottle of Alien doesn't have a 6-digit code, and does the lack of that code mean it's fake?

The box is sealed in clear plastic, but part of the plastic on the top is pulled out, so that only part of the plastic is sealed. I haven't opened the box yet; I'm debating whether or not to open it (it would still be returnable).

Thank you for any help.

Default Re: Is my Thierry Mugler Alien real or a fake?

Smell it. Does it smell fake? Packaging, codes and printing change constantly. I swear, people worry about this stuff WAY more than is ever justified!
    Smelling good on a budget!
    Currently wearing: Jicky by Guerlain

It smells good, but I'm not good at figuring out if something is fake, and the perfume volume is at the top. No clue how old the perfume is. The TM Circle code printed on the inside flap doesn't work on the Circle site, though, so maybe someone else used the code and then returned this perfume. This box was definitely previously opened. If it was a return and re-sealed in plastic, then the next customer should be made aware that they are not buying a brand new item.

If you got it from fragrancenet it is real. I've never gotten a fake from them.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

One way or the other, my guess is that after almost five years, the OP no longer has it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.