Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Just bought Reflection man (magnetic cap), review

Never saw any review of reformulated Reflection man. Was a bit upset after reviews about amouage watered down their new bottles. But what i can say after week of using, it last longer that vintage

BUT, smell changed new ingridients, and most important - completely new drydown . For my nose more synthetic and woody.

Cant describe it, but what can i say - i sprayed vintage and new side by side and i like drydown of vintage MILES more. Its smooth and classy.

Anyone have same feeling?

Also about fake bottle, im very confused about 6 digits batch code. Its same on box and bottom of bottle, but still its very strange.

Photo 05.01.15, 13 12 20.jpgPhoto 05.01.15, 13 11 13.jpgPhoto 05.01.15, 13 11 50.jpgPhoto 05.01.15, 13 12 29.jpgPhoto 05.01.15, 13 12 34.jpgPhoto 05.01.15, 13 12 50.jpg

Default Re: Just bought Reflection man (magnetic cap), review

Amouage just keeps on disappointing theirs fans with reformulating their line up

I have the same style batch code on my Interlude Man from 2012. I have no clue what it means. My Jubilation XXV has a really long batch code. Don't know what that means either. I never paid attention to my Memoir or Epic.

Jubilation XXV seems to have gotten slightly weeker also (magnetic cap).

I've been on the fence about buying a bottle of Gold because I'm afraid how watered down it may be....
    Seasonal top 5:
    1) MEMO African Leather
    2) Francis Maison Kurkdjian Oud
    3) Tauerville Incense Flash
    4) Guerlain Heritage EDP
    5) Serge Lutens Encens et Lavande

SALES THREAD!
    SWAP THREAD
    Currently wearing: Black Tea by Murdock

Quote Originally Posted by pav View Post
    Never saw any review of reformulated Reflection man. Was a bit upset after reviews about amouage watered down their new bottles. But what i can say after week of using, it last longer that vintage

BUT, smell changed new ingridients, and most important - completely new drydown . For my nose more synthetic and woody.

Cant describe it, but what can i say - i sprayed vintage and new side by side and i like drydown of vintage MILES more. Its smooth and classy.

Anyone have same feeling?

Also about fake bottle, im very confused about 6 digits batch code. Its same on box and bottom of bottle, but still its very strange.

Sorry to hear about your disappointing surprise.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

What a weird batch code it is!
    I have interlude and epic both doesnt have any letter in batch codes, just numbers.

Anyway sad to hear that, i think amouage products are going to be just like creeds about batch codes, i think each batch differs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichooo View Post
    i think amouage products are going to be just like creeds about batch codes, i think each batch differs.
    Don't start.
    Currently wearing: Aqua Amara by Bulgari

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Don't start.
    Haha Hippo i knew only person would mention "dont start it again" would be you
    A was kidding , but seriously never seen amouage batch codes have letters in it.

Have to say, I too have a magnetic-cap bottle and Reflection Man ain't what it used to be. Quite disappointing to lay out that kind of money and get stiffed by a shitty reformulation. All I have to fall back on is my hoard of old-formula shower gel.

Just saw your Amouage is made in UK,
    However mine ae from Oman, thats a bit weird for me if you ask, i already heard that amouage has 2 lines of production, but never tried a UK one in my country

Don´t know about that but Creed on me started to give longevity problems.

Haha Hippo i knew only person would mention "dont start it again" would be you
    A was kidding , but seriously never seen amouage batch codes have letters in it.
    I bought four bottles of Amouage at a local store over the fall of 2013. All made in Oman and none have sticker/markings on the bottle bottom like the OP shows in his photo. All have a series of dark ink numbers identical to a second set found on the box bottoms. What is the sticker and markings on the OPs bottle? What is the norm? Thanks for any clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    I bought four bottles of Amouage at a local store over the fall of 2013. All made in Oman and none have sticker/markings on the bottle bottom like the OP shows in his photo. All have a series of dark ink numbers identical to a second set found on the box bottoms. What is the sticker and markings on the OPs bottle? What is the norm? Thanks for any clarification.
    I asked a official retailer of Amouage, he said amouage producted in two countries, Oman an UK, he also said Oman products has better products rather than UK ones, i cant believe his claim, however im agree with you amouage which made in oman doesnt have any sticker at bottom of bottle! I suppose stickers are for UK products only.

I just received a unboxed reflection man from fragrancenet, and it had the same sticker on the bottom. I'm assuming unboxed would imply it's a tester? but It.does not have magnetic cap. I'm assuming magnetic cap is similar to dior exllclusive or chanel Bleu type of magnetic cap? I'm not near the bottle at the moment but I recall having to push the Cap to get it to lock non place. Can someone confirm? From the one full wearing I've had, I do notice a difference in scent and just overall performance. I have original bottle as well with a 1-2ml left which I loved.

Does anyone know if the sticker under the bottle instead of standard serial means it's reformulation? I do not have the magnetic cap, but do have the sticker shown in the picture by the OP at bottom of bottle.

I've read magnetic cap is the way to tell is reform but maybe the sticker at bottom is a sign as well.
    Last edited by persianprince; 7th January 2015 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Does anyone know if the sticker under the bottle instead of standard serial means it's reformulation? I do not have the magnetic cap, but do have the sticker shown in the picture by the OP at bottom of bottle.

I've read magnetic cap is the way to tell is reform but maybe the sticker at bottom is a sign as well.
    I suppose stickers shows they are uk products , but not sure though, new magnetic cap ones doesnt have sticker at bottom of them in Iran (they are all Oman products)

I asked a official retailer of Amouage, he said amouage producted in two countries, Oman an UK, he also said Oman products has better products rather than UK ones, i cant believe his claim, however im agree with you amouage which made in oman doesnt have any sticker at bottom of bottle! I suppose stickers are for UK products only.
    That would make sense, since I'm assuming that all then Attars are still made in Oman and they do not comply with the IFRA mafia.
    Hence the reason they can only be purchased in the Oman flagship store.

I suppose stickers shows they are uk products , but not sure though, new magnetic cap ones doesnt have sticker at bottom of them in Iran (they are all Oman products)
    So from what I'm reading is if I have a non-magnatic cap i have the older version? regardless of the serial number on bottom.

So from what I'm reading is if I have a non-magnatic cap i have the older version? regardless of the serial number on bottom.
    I have a non magnetic interlude which is producted at 04/2014 at Oman, its a tester and doesnt have a magnetic cap, its legit, i did a side by side test with my friends bottle, its just as potent as early 2013 one.
    Please tell me where your reflection is made? UK OR Oman? And please write batch code of your reflection man
    I suppose all these reformulation hype is only for UK products. However im not compeletly sure.
    Its really getting confusing just like creed batch variation

I've done a side by side test of older juice and the reform, there may be a slight difference but to my nose its really not a deal breaker. I think at certain stages I preferred the newer juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    I've done a side by side test of older juice and the reform, there may be a slight difference but to my nose its really not a deal breaker. I think at certain stages I preferred the newer juice.
    Both made in Oman?

That I do not know

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

How can you tell where an Amouage was made? My box for Interlude has no info - not even on the bottom. And my bottle just has a number on the bottom.
    Current Favorites:
    Reflection Man
    Dior Homme
    Millesime Imperial
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Bergamote Soleil
    Histoires De Parfums 1725
    Grey Vetiver
    Penhaligon's Ednymion
    Royal Oud
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

It's a unboxed bottle from fragrancenet. Not sure if that means tester or not, but don't where it states country it's from.
    My bottle has the same sticker as the one posted in original post..which Is different than my original reflection I bought 2 years ago

UOTE=Pichooo;3337948]I have a non magnetic interlude which is producted at 04/2014 at Oman, its a tester and doesnt have a magnetic cap, its legit, i did a side by side test with my friends bottle, its just as potent as early 2013 one.
    Please tell me where your reflection is made? UK OR Oman? And please write batch code of your reflection man
    I suppose all these reformulation hype is only for UK products. However im not compeletly sure.
    Its really getting confusing just like creed batch variation[/QUOTE]

I believe mine is original formulation..whether it's a tester or not I'm unsure.

Well, it sure is possible given what happened to Epic Man.

As for Jubilation XXV, I did a blind test of previous and current versions. Twice. Got the same result each time -- can't tell the difference. There is an ingredients list difference, but it's not consequential. And so I went with a full bottle of the magnetic cap version because the friction fit cap is kind of crummy. Very happy with it.
    Some favorites: Pasha Incense Royale, Chopard (Oud Malaki, Noble Vetiver), Amouage (Epic Man, Tribute), Versace L'Homme (vintage), YSL (M7, Kouros (1st)), Gucci Envy, Gucci Nobile, Hermes (vintage: Bel Ami, Equipage), Chanel (vintage: Antaeus, Pour Monsieur (+CC), Egoiste (+CC)), Tiffany For Men, Estee Lauder Metropolis, Jean-Marc Sinan VO, Guerlain (Heritage, L'Homme Intense, LIDGE), Serge Lutens Vetiver Oriental, Etro (Palais Jamais, Gomma, Vetiver, Shaal Nur, Patchouly), Davidoff Zino (1st), Acqua di Parma (Assoluta 2011, Essenza, Intensa Oud), Gianfranco Ferre For Man (1st), Elsha 1776, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Jovoy Private Label, Monsieur Carven, Diptyque (Hesperides, Tam Dao EDP), Byredo (Accord Oud, Baudelaire)

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    How can you tell where an Amouage was made? My box for Interlude has no info - not even on the bottom. And my bottle just has a number on the bottom.
    Thats a sign which your interlude is pre-reformulation and its and Oman product,
    Pre-reformulation amouages has sticker info stuck on the selefon of product, so when you wrap selefon you will lose that sticker, however new ones has product info printed at the bottom of the box.

I believe mine is original formulation..whether it's a tester or not I'm unsure.
    If you bought it from fragrancenet as a unboxed product, then its not a tester, unboxed products are those which have some errors on packaging, or those which their boxs got damaged during shipping.

I must say that I complete disagree with this. I have 2011. Reflection (friction cap) and also had 2014. magnetic cap reflection and to me they smell last project etc. 100% identical. I honestly can't see what are you guys saying. Even side by side, no difference at all.