Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Default Chennai - Attars Perfumes

Dear Friends,

This is Ravi from Chennai and I am a ardent fan of attars. They come in small bottles, are strong and are very cost effective and in 400-500 rs you can get 7-8 different scents. I relocated to Chennai 5 years ago and was searching for good attar shops in Chennai, preferably inhouse made. In my earlier city Aurangabad (MS) there was a whole gully of attars known as attar gully. In that gully there were shops which sold both inhouse and branded attars. Branded attars manufactured by companies in MP / UP were sold by the shops. I liked the attars of one company Arochem Ratlam so much that I wrote to them that I want to buy their attars, and they were kind enough to send me the attars by Parcel. The direct cost from company was almost half of the retail cost and I have ordered from them 2-3 times.

Mostly i get perfumes from abroad whenever my sister comes, she brings 4-5 bottles, but some are good and some doesnt smell good.

In Chennai many branded attars are sold in supermarkets and perfume shops, but their costs are high and not that much effective. Also I was looking at the traditional attar shop wherein I can test the attar and buy it. I asked one of my muslim friend and he told that they are sold in triplicane near the mosque. Also posted in one site and got to know that in Parrys , Mannady Street there are shops / perfumers. So went to Parrys and searched the shop and found some 2-3 good shops. Went to JK Perfumers who have their own huge range of perfumes and bought the following perfumes / attars:

Tried Posting the image link but got rejected. Will post image link afterwards.

David Off Cool Water - 3 ML - 50Rs Dont know how these companies imitate the exact scent , as I havent used the original david off cant comment on it. but my earlier use of original hugo boss and the attar aro boss by Arochem made me believe that these perfumers have exactly imitated the scent.

Marhaba - 3 Ml - 30Rs Another customer was buying it 3-4 bottles hence tried it and found it nice. smell cant be described as I am not an expert.

1000 flower - 3Ml - 30 Rs this is a common attar made by all perfumers and smell varies from perfumer to perfumer

Rose - 8 ML - 60Rs this is also common, he had two varities one is mild and another strong. I found the mild one more original and was looking for the original rose flower smell. strong smelled like tea rose and had a tint of tea smell in it and didnt like it.

Bakhoor - 8ML - 50 Rs branded one by Al Nauim smelled sweet

Mukhalat - 8ML - 60Rs branded one by JK perfumers themselves, Had a note of lotus smell , if I am not wrong.

Royal Mirage - 3 ML - 30 Rs branded one by JK perfumers themselves they told its fancy / imported ones copy. .

Another shop to try there is Aalim Perfumes which makes inhouse perfumes, also found out that synergy aqdas sells branded aqdas perfumes. Once this stock gets empty will visit Parrys and buy more.

Banned

Default Re: Chennai - Attars Perfumes

I buy my attars at Charminar in Hyderabad. I agree, these things are pretty cheap for how good and potent they are!

These branded ones seem like cheap chemical reconstutions of already exisiting fragrances or chemical flower smells. Search for the real thing and visit original distilleries of natural products if you want to smell the classical fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by AMAR_420 View Post
    These branded ones seem like cheap chemical reconstutions of already exisiting fragrances or chemical flower smells. Search for the real thing and visit original distilleries of natural products if you want to smell the classical fragrances.

Whatever it may be I love the chemical / synthetic for their cheap cost and good smell. They smell as good as original. And in India most firms who claimthey sell originals are a rip off. 3 ML rose attar costs 30 rs in the attar shop which i bought. The shop is owned by Muslim and made inhouse. Even he tells he doesnt use natural oils 100% as they are scarce and hard to find and costly. In ebay / flipkart / amazon there are sellers selling natural 100% oils for Rs.200-Rs.1000/- for 3 ML. Sugandhvatika for eg. Now what is the genunity of their claim? Nowhere it is mentioned that 1000rs rose attar will be the original one. And i personally dont know how to differentiate between natural and organic oils, hence feel the branded or inhouse manufactured ones which are cost effective are best.

If you know source of authentic attars in India with cost , please post I will try and test difference.

Regards,

Ravi

A true Indian perfume lover knows that the best classical Indian perfumes are found in Kannauj. It's the perfume capital.

Hi,

I am from Bangalore & since early 2014 have done some research on attars & perfumes & have bought around 54 bottles of these. I generally buy attars from ebay, but also do some research on the sellers...once I get the package.
    For Ravi in Chennai, there are many sellers -

JK Perfumers - very good quality stuff - I own JK White Musk & Open from JK Perfumers.

Aalim Perfumers - Very good quality here too - I own Fawakee attar...it smells soooo fruity that you cannot wear it at all...but still the qulaity is good..

Arees Perfumers - I own Silver from Arees & it is one of the best perfumes I hav bought...it smells citrus , fresh & clean...kind of similar to AlRehab Silver which in turn is said to be like niche perfume Silver Mountain Water by Creed.

Aqdas Perfumes - I have Azzoro, Hogo Boss/Boss Blanc, Cowboy Polo/Polar Craze from Aqdas. Azzoro smells like Azzoro Pour Homme (1978), Hogo Boss like Hugo from Hugo Boss (1995), & Cowboy Polo smells like Ralph Lauren Polo Blue. Hugo Boss & Cowboy Polo smell good...so I wear them to office.

RS Perfumes - I have One Man Show from RS. It is supposed to be a copy of Jacques Bogart One Man Show. Its ok.

Avis Perfumes - I recently ordered Axe attar from here. Have not received it yet.

Other Perfumes I own - Al Rehab Khaliji, SIlver & Blanc - Khaliji is good. Silver is AWESOME & Blanc is ok...All 3 are citrus based stuff.

Arochem Ratlam - I have 24 carat, Blue Star, Crazy & Magnet from Arochem. I always tried to like these Arochem attars but somehow dont feel like liking them...except Magnet which is kind of very similar to Drakkar Noir by Guy Laaroche (1982).

I also order bulk 25 ML aluminium bottles of attars from wholesellers in Mumbai & refill my bottles once they get over.

Personally I want to have designer fragrances ONLY.
    So I have bought Hugo Boss, Tommy Girl, Polo, Burberry Weekend for Men, Versace Blue Jeans, Jovan White Musk, Tom Ford Azure, Azzaro, CK -1 , CK Eternity, Aqua, Cool water attars from that wholeseller. Some are good..some are not worthy mentioning...

Good ones - Hugo Boss, Polo, Burberry Weekend for men, Azzaro, Cool water, Aqua
    Remaining ones are ok...except Azure which is bad. But all of them possibly are good enough imitations of the original smelling product.
    Even CK-1 & Eternity are good as a product...but I dont like their smell...

Recently I discovered Al Areej Perfumers from Mumbai & bought their "Summer Shock" perfume...Its notes are similar to Aqua Di Gio Life Edition 2011 & it smells very good.

I also own Dove perfume from Almas Perfumers Mumbai...which smells good.

Ambrosial Perfumes from Delhi also make very good attars - I have Drakkar Noir, Lomani, Rose attar, Cool Water & One Million from Ambrosial & their quality is very good...but even pricing is too high...like 190 Rs/- for 3 ML.

One seller from Mumbai sold designer attars on ebay, now he has removed his listing from there...but I bought Armani Aqua Di Gio attars from his online shop & it is very good perfume...the 2nd best in muy collection after Al Rehab Silver.

So I complied a must buy list of attars:
    1. Silver from Al Rehab/ Arees
    2. Aqua Di Gio - if some seller sells this stuff
    3. Burberry Weekend for Men - smells likes clean white sheets...awesome !!...I own the women version also...but thats fruity & heavy...
    4. Polo
    5. Hugo Boss.
    6. Cool Water
    7. Azzaro

So a question to Ravi....do u get the above attars in Chennai from the sellers you have mentioned ??...If yes...please send their addresses & the way to buy from them...It wud be gud to get stuff directly from the manufacturers than from ebay where the pricing is almost double.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone wants the name & address of the attar wholeseller from Mumbai , I would give the info.

Also....there is Ahsan Attars in Chennai. I bought Ahsan Di Vigor from a shop & it smelt nice....like an after shave.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing: Sugandhvatika from Ahmedabad...they sell stuff in fancy bottles & have a high pricing...I have never used their stuff...even though they claim to have Azzaro & Aqua Di Gio attars...

- - - Updated - - -

Wishlist:
    1. Arochem Ratlam H2O
    2. Al Rehab Space

I have also tried ordering attars from the US...saveonscents.com...but for a 3 USD stuff they charge a shipping of 23 USD which then becomes cost ineffective.
    There are also many sites worldwide which sell such stuff...many in US...but due to their cost-ineffectiveness...one cant buy...

Alos some sellers on GLOBAL EASY BUY EBAY sell 10 ML at 800-900/- INR....
    Last edited by chinchin85; 15th February 2015 at 02:56 PM.

Sounds like chemically composed perfume oils, not true Indian attars. ^^

Wow! stumbled upon this thread while looking out for some reviews on Arochem Ratlam H2O attar, but what a find this thread looks - some attar crazy Indians like me
    My interest in attars started about eight months ago which quickly turned into madness. It happened as regular perfume sprays were causing skin irritation and were not lasting and then I started reading about attars and it continues. Have bought 50-60 attars since then online. Will share with you only he interesting ones.

Kazima Oudh: Sharing as it was my first purchase which seemed disastrous due to its rotten woody smell till I acquired a taste for mysterious Oudh.

Swiss Arabian's Jannet El Firdaus: A grossly overpriced and equally overrated. Neither pleasant smelling nor long lasting on my skin.

Nemat's Attar 96 Majmua: Reminds me of some attar I smelled when I was a kid, very different, cool, balsamic, pleasant but only on bottle. On skin it smells like khaini (raw tobacco). Lasts long but who wants to smell like this! Overpriced as well.

Ahsan: Sandal and Attarful. Good for a beginner. Mild smelling sandal and jasmine (feminine).

Almas: Dove's - Very popular, smells like white musk, guess supposed to smell like dove soap. Buss: a review said it smells like Aqua Di Gio but I don't think it's well done

Aqdas: These were my first wow purchase of attars. Wonderful replicas of designer perfumes. A seller Grab-ezee from Chennai had just started selling them on eBay. Chinchin already introduced these in the thread I bought One Billion, Azzoro, Boss Blanc, Brut, Clubchill (Dunhill Desire i guess), Polo Sports and Cool water. Most of them are fantastic and long lasting as well.

Al Nuaim: They again are designer type attar makers and copiers of Al Rehabs. I have Aseel (replica of Al Rehab's), Firdaus (hate this), White Oudh - their best and longest lasting, highly recommended, Chocolate Musk (copy of Al Rehab's Choco Musk), White Musk, Iceberg, Dark Temptation (smells almost exactly like Axe Dark Temptation), Open Black (like One Man Show, I've RS's as well), KS Spark (like deo), Zatak (like Zatax). Will buy few more I guess.
    A good attar maker with a variety of perfumes. Recently can be bought for as cheap as Rs 127 for 8 ml on shopclues.com by a Chennai seller FairBuyspot.

Al Rehab: Finally came to this internationally famous perfume house originally from Saudi Arabia. Have Sultan, Silver, Khaliji, Zidan, Saat Safa ( all are highly recommended), then Al Fares, Blanc (had read chinchin's review on Fragrantica ) , Lord (somehow not lasting on my skin) and Superman. Very long lasting perfumes. Will explore Al Sharqiya and few more I guess

Arochem: God!! their strength & longevity has no match. Recently started buying them. Have Aro Magnet (Drakker Noir), Cigar (tobacco notes are little more than the original here but good), Aro Lomany (not sure about which original Lomani but very pleasant and long lasting dry down). Planning to buy Denim and Boss. I didn't like at their Ice Blue.
    A dealer on eBay named yagni is selling at best deals. These are highly recommended.

Wrote too much in excitement, still have a lot to write but maybe next time, also about how to apply etc. Keep writing.

Regards,
    Avinash
    Last edited by AvinashS; 25th March 2015 at 05:04 PM. Reason: mistype

Hi Avinash,

Awesome & nice post with all your infectious enthusiasm....Thx.

I bought Arochem H2O (from yagni of ebay) & it smells like Davidoff Cool Water - which is really cool & refreshing in hot summers. I get many compliments wearing this & it has also inspired others to buy this stuff.

Another one is Arochem Green Musk (from yagni)...it is not musky at all but smells like Clean White Laundry. Possibly one of the top two-three in my list (After Silver & Acqua Di Gio)...

A request to all the readers (including you)...please mention the names of the sellers (as u have done)...so that others can know where to buy the stuff..Thx to you for mentioning the shopclues seller. I have bought Zino & Lily Attar from Shopclues - Jardin Scents (they have their own website too) & am yet to receive them. Possibly Zino is the clone of Davidoff Zino.

As u said Almas Dove is awesome...& classy too..
    Personally I dont buy any of the traditional attars (Jannat-ul-Firdaus, Sandal ,Rose etc.)..I have bought Majmua & Ruh Khus...but still they smell good & green but not as per my taste...plus traditional attars are for people with traditional & religious tastes...

Please see if you can find some attar sellers who sell : Acqua Di gio attar (Almas Buss smells like bitter chlorinated water)...I had bought Acqua Di Gio attar from a seller sense_uno on ebay from Mumbai...that is an awesome attar..but he stopped selling that stuff...so please try if you can find some seller.

I found a seller of Azaan attars - Etosha Pan: http://www.naturefragrances.com/ (a chemical company in North India)...& bought Armani & Bvlgari Acqua from them but very bad quality & they smell like spoilt oil.

I have Lord attar (am wearing it now)...some ppl tell it smells like Navratna Hair oil...but I find the smell very spiritual & uplifting...possibly its the copy of YSL Kouros...

Bye for now...will write later.
    Chinchin85.

Hi Chinchin

Can't post a reply for no reason. says it may have links and/or spam words. it doesn't have. i've saved draft will post later

Avinash

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Chinchin,

Now I guess the H2O & Green Musk review on Yagni's profile must be yours I already had purchased Aqdas Cool Water and thought Green Musk resembles Aqdas Brut (Brut Musk I guess, I didn't much like the attar though) so didn't order. Yagni created and listed the combo listing Bosse & Denim as I messaged him that I need to buy them. Once it arrives I think I should go for H2O & Green Musk combo.

- - - Updated - - -

That shop clues seller FairBuySpot (his name is Riyaaz) is a very nice person. He was on E bay as well before, had bought Al Nuaim Dark Temptation for Rs 127 ( - 7.5% discount coupon) then Aqdas CW on shop clues, he kept SMS'ing me till it was delivered He sells Al Rehabs without combo at Rs 155 while others sell at close to 200.
    I remember buying Al Nuaim's and Al Rehab's at Rs 259 few months ago. I can give you his number if you need. He had Otoori Black and White oudhs he can list on demand.

I can understand people comparing Lord with Navratna tel lol, but this scent indeed is mysterious & interesting. Has few great review on basenotes which is quite unusual for an unusual smelling attar like Lord. Sadly it doesn't last long on my skin, maybe olfactory senses fatigue lol, I'll keep trying it, stays long on clothes though. I associate Jannet El Firdaus with Noorani Tel, a pain relieving oil I remember since my childhood lol.

Had found Jardin too on shop clues, with very cheap deal of Rs 80+ 45 shipping for two 8 ml's. I'm watching their Blue water + Opel combo on the site.

Unfortunately most of the attar sellers don't mention about the original designer perfume they recreate unless they name it after them like Aqdas usually. So we depend on the reviewers or go with the instinct to buy. I had once called Arochem to know that Aro PDS smells like Ponds talc so decided not to buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

I realized it doesn't let post the character 'at' on keyboard

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding Attar Application

I knew applying on neck leaves good trail of scent (sillage), so I started with few roll-on's on each side of neck plus few on the back of it. It worked great. I could smell it all day if suddenly pull myself back while sitting or standing to get whiffs. BUT, it cause rashes, skin irritation and drying. Tried behind ears, on base of neck, it got even worse (could be due to the chemicals used for fragrances or as fixatives). This was the reason why I left regular sprays for attars. I was disappointed what I shall do with my big collection of oils.

I skipped applying on wrists as somehow most of the oils don't smell good if you sniff on wrists. I tried applying on back of hands but I felt it didn't project well being not as warm as neck or wrists.

Finally, I tried back what I had started with - applying on wrists but stopped sniffing throughout the day which I usually would do. Now I get occasional whiffs throughout the day which is very amazing and refreshing. Also now I apply far less rolls as I would do in the beginning, just 3 to 4 or 5 roll-on's on each wrists depending upon the scent and roll-on cap functioning and it's good for a day.

Please share how you do and your views

Regards,
    Avinash

Hi Avinash,

Yes..I too face problems with this website...whenever I try to open this page...it gives an error that it is missing an IP value..
    So I open the cached page & read your replies & reply using Google Chrome...

I am basically from Gujarat & Yagni is also from there so I tell him to make personal listings based on what I want...else the combos which he lists...every1 may not want all of them as anyways we ppl are buying without smelling any of that stuff..
    So he makes listings according to my choice (H2O & Green Musk): good to have a flexible seller.

Green Musk smells like - Clean Clothes/Laundry after drydown. Very nice & inoffensive.
    I had bought Brut once (not from Aqdas) & all told me that I am wearing some Rat Killer medicine...coz Brut is an old perfume & smells like OLD WOODY PLACES & Woody Corners in old woody houses...if u understand wat I am saying..never agn will I buy Brut...

Bosse is like Hugo Boss...slightly spicy & fresh, smells like green apples & I have Aqdas Boss Blanc & its a nice perfume for men..

I will surely try fairbuyspot...good that they have Al-Rehabs there...I love their Silver & Khaliji is also good...plus I have AlRehab Blanc also...its also citrus & fresh & smells like deep water...

Basically I like fresh perfumes...which make u smell as if u r just out of the shower....whether in summer or in winter...
    So a TOTAL NO to any traditional stuff...Oudh, Firdaus, Mukhallat & all traditional stuff like that...though I have WHite Musk & Fawakee from JK Perfumes Chennai...White Musk is sweet & heavy...good... but Fawakee is fruity & if u apply...you will smell like a mixed fruit jam...I dont understand why I even bought it....

Got the Jardin Zino & Lily J today...Zino smells like Drakkar Noir...balsamic & warm spicy...not same but similar...& Lily J smell spicy & floral...both are ok..not very great but still wearable...& yes it is cheap...but the Lily J bottle was half empty as it was leaking...I dont understand how they pack their stuff....

I also bought two perfumes (with alcohol)...one was Summer Shock from a seller Deepa on ebay...Summer Shock from Al Areej Perfumes Mumbai...very high in quality & smell...but availability is kind of limited as there are not many sellers on ebay who sell that...even Al Areej sell the stuff in their own name but the prices are very high..375 per bottle & I had bought it from Deepa at 125/- per bottle. But quality is amazing...

Another one I bought was Green Musk from Ramco perfumes Mumbai...it smells musky & somewhat similar to Charlie for Men by Revlon.

Next possibility in line: Spring Water by Jardin or Next Care Aqua by Next Care - both are aquatics...so should smell fresh & clean.

how do you contact Arochem?? - I tried contacting them thru mails but they dont reply back...So I joined tradeindia.com & Indiamart .com which lists many perfume makers & their contact info...

Arochem also has a problem that they make traditional scents...Aro PDS - which smells like Ponds...thx for telling...was not planning to buy but will never buy now...who wants to smell girly??

Regarding application: I apply on clothes: Inner wear only..plus few dabs on neck & shoulder & thats good for the day...I too learnt to apply less with time as more application can cause nauseating headaches...plus ppl around u think that u r a perfume freak & bathe in perfume & not in water..

For disposing all extra perfumes: I read something on the internet: take uncooked rice...small amount..tie it in a cloth...empty your attar bottle on this tied potli..& put it in ur bathroom ...so this can act like an air freshner in ur bathroom...

I tried the above method with CK One...though it is liked by millions over the world....i have two bottles of it & I dont like it even though it smells fresh...

Bye for now..
    chinchin85.

Hi Chinchin,

You can find Arochem phone number on their site under contact us. I called them once I saw Yagnik's cheap combos on ebay. Was aware of Cigar & Aro Magnet but checked with them their other masculine attars. They recommended Green Musk as well and he emphasized on their sandal attar Sukhad. I checked with Yagnik and ordered a certain combo to send Cigar, Magnet and Lomany, which he did.
    Today I received Bosse & Denim. Their Bosse is more like Al Nuaim's Figo Boss but stronger & more pleasant, maybe they used same inspiration from Hugo Boss. Aqdas Boss is little different and fresher I guess. Denim smells good, little citrus & spicy, can't recognize the inspiration behind it.

I too have Fawakeh (al nuaim) but yes who wants to smell like fruits, that too synthetic.

I have Blanc which to me smells very close to Dark Temptation Al nuaim (original is Axe). Not very intense but I like the fragrance. I too love fresh smelling fragrances. Had collected traditional attars like rose, sandal, mogra etc. in the beginning but now I'm mostly interested in designer types.

I may order Jardin considering how cheap it is. How is it's longevity?

I see you order regular sprays as well. Did you order Ice Water from CFS as well?

Regards,
    Avinash

- - - Updated - - -

As it seemed in the morning, Arochem's Denim smells like One Million, little more refined than Aqdas One Billion. Funny if any Denim cologne smells like 1 Million

Smile Re: Chennai - Attars Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by AvinashS View Post
    Hi Chinchin,

You can find Arochem phone number on their site under contact us. I called them once I saw Yagnik's cheap combos on ebay. Was aware of Cigar & Aro Magnet but checked with them their other masculine attars. They recommended Green Musk as well and he emphasized on their sandal attar Sukhad. I checked with Yagnik and ordered a certain combo to send Cigar, Magnet and Lomany, which he did.
    Today I received Bosse & Denim. Their Bosse is more like Al Nuaim's Figo Boss but stronger & more pleasant, maybe they used same inspiration from Hugo Boss. Aqdas Boss is little different and fresher I guess. Denim smells good, little citrus & spicy, can't recognize the inspiration behind it.

I too have Fawakeh (al nuaim) but yes who wants to smell like fruits, that too synthetic.

I have Blanc which to me smells very close to Dark Temptation Al nuaim (original is Axe). Not very intense but I like the fragrance. I too love fresh smelling fragrances. Had collected traditional attars like rose, sandal, mogra etc. in the beginning but now I'm mostly interested in designer types.

I may order Jardin considering how cheap it is. How is it's longevity?

I see you order regular sprays as well. Did you order Ice Water from CFS as well?

Regards,
    Avinash

- - - Updated - - -

As it seemed in the morning, Arochem's Denim smells like One Million, little more refined than Aqdas One Billion. Funny if any Denim cologne smells like 1 Million
    Hi Avinash,

Thx for the reply...basically I had emailed them atleast 4-5 times & they dont reply at all....at the beginning of this post Ravi had written that buying directly from Arochem would be cheaper compared to from other sellers...hence I asked about contacting Arochem...can calling on phone make a buying deal??..I dont know...wish they had a online website for selling stuff...thats the problem in India...Arochem being a 1969 company still does not have an online portal for selling stuff directly....In US there are so many websites which sell all varieties of perfume oil (designer versions)...

I had bought Ahsan Di vigor & Ahsan Dream Girl directly from a shop & both cost only 140 Rs/- i.e 70 Rs. each.

I too bought Aro Bosse & denim..reading your post yesterday ...possibly will receive them by 2mrw. Got Aqdas Cool Waves & Al Rehab Silver for two of my colleagues yesterday & they liked it very much. Plus i alos received Jardin Zino & Lily J from Shopclues yesterday.....Lily J was leaking & only half is left...but both are kind of good to ok scents...wearable but not something very fascinating...longevity of both of them is standard...for me all the perfumes last for about a day & I can still smell them on my clothes the next morning....Some like CK Eternity attar can last for a week too...possibly more...Hope Aro Boss is like Hugo Boss & Denim is like original Denim.

Aqdas Boss is not similar to Aro Boss??...Aqdas is good...Hope Aro is good too...

Which Blanc do you have???....Al Rehab Blanc??..or Aqdas Boss Blanc (i.e Aqdas Boss attar)??...

Basically I dont use regular sprays...I just ordered Green Musk from Ramco because I thought it wud be similar to Green Musk from Arochem...but it is not...Green Musk from Ramco is similar to Charlie Attar from DarulHaqIrfan on ebay...search for this guy on ebay...very sensible seller...bought lot of stuff from him..WhiteMusk, Open, Fawakee, Aqdas perfumes, Dove etc.

Basically I keep buying attars because I want to buy something fresh & designer type with an out of the shower feel - like Acqua Di Gio...or Silver...& the search for Acqua Di Gio still goes on...hope somebody makes a rocking attar out of it...

You could search for DG Boys & Sons on google....or go to this link: http://www.indiamart.com/dgboysco/english-attars.html

They sell 25 ML, 100 ML, 1000 ML attar bottles...I buy 25 Ml from them for refilling my bottles....I bought :
    Azzaro (Spicy & Fresh, Clean) (not Aqdas Azzoro - it is spicy only ),
    Cool Water,
    Fidgi,
    CK Eternity,
    CK One,
    Burberry Weekend for Men ,
    Burberry Weekend for Women,
    Polo,
    Tom Ford Azure (dont buy this ever),
    Versace Blue Jean (smells like Fogg - brown color bottle..i dont remeber the name),
    Nivea attar (dont buy this also..smells like rose attar..not bad..but girly).. ,
    Tommy Girl (name is girly but perfume is unisex & its good),
    Hugo Boss,
    Cartier
    Jovan Musk etc.

They smell good especially Polo & Hugo Boss...& Burberry Weekend for Men...they once mistakenly sent me Burberry Weekend for Women...coz the bottle labels are same...u cud buy from them if u want too...max price of 25 ML bottle of attar is 200/- Rs....Burberry Weekend for Men is one another awesome stuff...smells like clean white clothes....very nice...that guys name is Huzaifa Attarwala from Mumbai...& he sends me his catalogs & price listings of new attars...I have them as pdf & I have attached this here... PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENT..

Another list from him not present in the pdf:

1.) Aqua - 25ml - 150.00
    2.) Hugo boss - 25ml - 150.00
    3.) Burberry - 25ml - 140.00
    4.) Channel - 25ml - 140.00
    5.) Axe - 25ml - 140.00
    6.) Extreme - 25ml - 120.00
    7.) Aramis - 25ml - 160.00
    8.) Million - 25ml - 160.00
    9.) Doir - 25ml - 140.00
    10.) Park Avenue - 25ml - 160.00
    11.) Gucci - 25ml - 160.00
    12.) Dunhill - 25ml - 160.00
    13.) Davidoff - 25ml - 160.00
    14.) Musk Rose Super - 25ml - 200.00

I have bought Aqua, Burberry, Boss from the above list & it smells fresh but not watery or like cool water...a different kind of perfume...good but not great...

Hope this helps,
    bye for now..tc..

ChinChin85
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Chinchin,

I'm not sure if we can purchase from Arochem on phone but they picked up my phone on first attempt and answered my queries.

Print price of Ahsan is Rs 70 on attarful as well but the seller gift_to_dear or something on eBay sells at Rs 150 + 50 shipping. Not good.

I hope at lease Aro Bosse won't disappoint you. It must be a replica of some Hugo Boss, may be Boss 'just different' variant. Boss Blanc (i have) as you said is Hugo type.

Was watching Aqdas Cool Waves but unsure of what it could be.
    I have Al Rehab Blanc.

Ramco's Green Musk reminds me something, i read a review on flipkart that it is Brut Musk in a changed label bottle. And Brut Musk on fragrantica has very poor review and also my Aqdas Brut i guess is Brut Musk type which I didn't much like, so I thought Arochem Green Musk be like that

I know the seller DarulHaqIrfan. Have purchased Dove's, Al Nuaim White Oudh, Al Rehab Sultan (my first Al Rehab) and Charlies from him. Usually his deals are good but Al Nuaim White Oudh and Al Rehab Sultan were at Rs 250 back then, expensive About his Charlies, it smells very similar to Arochem Ice Blue, i somehow didn't like either and one bottle in the combo is so bad smelling that i have to wash every time I apply

Thanks for the lists, pdf and link for the seller DG Boys. They have a huge collection and very good prices. Can't believe this much of variety, 25 ml at the the price of 6 or 8 mls. I'm overwhelmed. I'm checking their collection, surely buy sometimes later.

Regards,
    Avinash
    Last edited by AvinashS; 31st March 2015 at 11:58 AM.

Hi Chinchin,

I'm not sure if we can purchase from Arochem on phone but they picked up my phone on first attempt and answered my queries.

Print price of Ahsan is Rs 70 on attarful as well but the seller gift_to_dear or something on eBay sells at Rs 150 + 50 shipping. Not good.

I hope at lease Aro Bosse won't disappoint you. It must be a replica of some Hugo Boss, may be Boss 'just different' variant. Boss Blanc (i have) as you said is Hugo type.

Was watching Aqdas Cool Waves but unsure of what it could be.
    I have Al Rehab Blanc.

Ramco's Green Musk reminds me something, i read a review on flipkart that it is Brut Musk in a changed label bottle. And Brut Musk on fragrantica has very poor review and also my Aqdas Brut i guess is Brut Musk type which I didn't much like, so I thought Arochem Green Musk be like that

I know the seller DarulHaqIrfan. Have purchased Dove's, Al Nuaim White Oudh, Al Rehab Sultan (my first Al Rehab) and Charlies from him. Usually his deals are good but Al Nuaim White Oudh and Al Rehab Sultan were at Rs 250 back then, expensive About his Charlies, it smells very similar to Arochem Ice Blue, i somehow didn't like either and one bottle in the combo is so bad smelling that i have to wash every time I apply

Thanks for the lists, pdf and link for the seller DG Boys. They have a huge collection and very good prices. Can't believe this much of variety, 25 ml at the the price of 6 or 8 mls. I'm overwhelmed. I'm checking their collection, surely buy sometimes later.

Regards,
    Avinash
    Hi Avinash,

Aqdas Cool Waves is similar to Davidoof Cool Water/ Arochem H2O...very fresh smelling.
    About Brut (not Brut Musk)...it smells like mosquito killer "HIT"...that is wat ppl in my office said when I wore it...as already told...smells like old wooden things kept in a drak corner in a woody house for decades...I too dont like brut....& hav applied just once for office..
    About Ice Blue...I dont hav Arochem version...but from some other seller in Gujarat. on ebay..he stopped selling stuff...his stuff was truly bad quality...I hav Ice blue from him & it smells like some Agarbatti or like a pain balm+hair oil combo....possibly such smells are not even meant to be in a perfume....
    For me, once DarulhaqIrfan sent me an ointment version of Oud..Oud is basically derived from Agarwood & is used in Arabian Perfumery..it smells like woody incense sticks..I hav never used it..its ok but not so likeable..
    I have Aqdas Clubchill (Copy of Dunhill Desire Red)...it is different from other designer stuff...& good too....Burberry & Dunhill are British Perfumery houses..& till now it was a good experience having their attar forms.
    One question: in which city are u based?..i am based in Bangalore & we have B.A.P stores, Ajmal Perfumes etc. which sell attars...have bought CK One, Armani, Sultan from BAP Store..CK one I dont like..Armani smells fruity but smells like missing some notes compared to Acqua Di Gio..so gets overwhelming with time....but yes they are long lasting..
    If u like fresh scents: Al Rehab Lovely, Al Rehab Space & Al Rehab Zahrat Hawaii are fresh & nice.
    U will have to mail to DG Sons for getting your stuff..all money transfer is thru online banking & goods get delivered in about a week from purchase..

Bye..Tc..
    Chinchin85

I was confused about Aqdas Cool Waves because they have a perfume Cool Water as well which I have. Now, either they are same with different names or one of them is female variant. Can't tell because I have never smelled the original Davidoff Cool Water

Regarding mosquito repellent smelling Brut, many online seller keep outdated batches of famous regular perfume brands which affects their longevity and smell as well I guess. They get it at cheaper rate from the manufacturers. Recently I bought Lomani Pour Homme from a seller on Flipkart, it is very weak in strength and little negatively different from how it's supposed to be. I have Ambrosial's lomani attar which smells fantastic but lasts not even an hour.

I too have Aqdas version of Dunhill/Clubchill and that's one of my favorites. Recently i purchased al nuaim's KS Spark which smells exactly same. So KS Spark deo must be inspired by Dunhill Desire

Oud i sometimes wear but only in evening and at home. Some ouds smell mysterious

I'm based in Noida. Many malls but no attar shop that I know of.
    Any purchase of Al Rehabs is usually satisfying. Except I'm still wondering why Lord is not lasting on my skin I'll keep your recommendations in my mind in the next purchase.

Have sent mail to DG sons about Lomani, waiting for their reply.

Regards,
    Avinash

Hi Avinash,

Aqdas possibly keeps changing names: Initially their Polo perfume was called Cowboy Polo..now its called Polar Craze...

I have Ambrosial's Cool Water, Rose, Drakkar Noir & Lomani : All are excellent quality but very price Rs. 50 per ML...Lomani smells like some aftershave & is manly & nice..

Nice to know KS Sparks is like Clubchill...I too smelt KS Spark Deo in a shopping store...but it was different..very good but not like Clubchill or possibly I may have smelt it superficially...

Today Arochem replied of them having a distributor in Bangalore....I still buy all my stuff online only...will try this real shop sometime..

Another thing...do try Zino from Shopclues...it smells similar to Drakkar Noir...but is pleasant in a different sense...nice deep spicy soapy smell..

So have fun...try finding some Acqua Di Gio attar version...I also do my research daily but no success till now.(except sugandhvatika from Ahmedabad)

Bye..
    Chinchin85.

Hi Chinchin

I'm guessing original KS Sparks Deo's smell based on Al Nuaim's attar version
    Ambrosial's are too expensive, some times ten times. Their white oudh is priced at Rs 3500 + shipping for 25 ml. I think they buy at cheap rate from bulk sellers like DG Boys and then sell in their bottles at enormous price.
    I'll try Zino.
    As of now I'm in e-mail conversation with Ammar (DG Boys) he says Rs 100 for shipping. I'll ask about shipping if i buy 2 or 3 bottles.

Regards,
    Avinash

- - - Updated - - -

Also how is Amrosial's Cool Water compared to Arochem H2O or Aqdas Cool Wave?

- - - Updated - - -

And how is DG Boy's Cool Water? want to buy 2-3 from them. what would you recommend. I love fresh smells but should be little strong smell at the same time
    Last edited by AvinashS; 2nd April 2015 at 09:44 AM.

Hi Avinash,

Mr. Ammar charges 100/- for shipping as it includes the packing & delivery charges...but still the stuff is cheaper than most stuff we buy in small bottles on the internet.
    DG Boys Cool Water is ok compared to Aqdas & Arochem...Aqdas & Arochem smell very close & they have that "inital fruity-minty smell" . DG Boys Cool Water lacks this minty smell...& after drydown DG Cool Water smells like Coconut (very faint smell...barely detectable but its there..)...its not bad...but Aqdas & Arochem are better...but if u want u cud try it..strength wise all DG Products are good...some are possibly stronger than other attars u get in ebay etc. (like Jovan Musk, CK Eternity)....

Ambrosial's Cool Water is very similar to Arochem H2O & smells almost exactly the same....but then its 190/- Rs. for 3 ML....I bought Ambrosial's last year & now will buy only Aqdas or Arochem...coz they are same...

From DG Sons...u cud buy :

Azzaro (Spicy, Fresh, Clean, Soapy) - it is not same as Azzoro from Aqdas...Azzoro from Aqdas is Azzaro Pour Homme 1978 version...Azzaro from DG is distictively different..

Polo: Copy of Polo Blue 2003...smells somewhat similar but not very close to Acqua Di Gio....I like this smell...fresh, green, little aquatic...

Hugo Boss: Same as Aqdas Boss Blanc/ Hogo Boss - slightly...very slightly fresher than Aqdas....do not over apply else clothes smell for 2-3 days...

Burberry: Caution: coz they initially sent me Burberry Weekend for Men (slightly spicy, citrus & fresh) & my 2nd purchase they sent Burberry Weekend for Women (fruity, floral , powdery)....Burberry Weekend for Men smells very clean & white...like clean white clothes & Burberry for Women smells like party perfume...not bad but very different from the Men's version...

I have DG's :
    Fidgi (for Women....dont buy)...
    Azure (never buy this..)...
    CK One (citrus, fresh, lemony....but sumhow I cant relate to this Best selling popular Perfume of 1994-95 era.)..u cud try CK One if u like it....the internet is filled with its reviews & praises...but I dont like this fragrance at all...coz it feels incomplete to me..I dont know why...
    CK Eternity: My mom likes it very much....90's popular perfume
    Nivea: dont buy
    Cartier: smells leathery...like a bike seat covered with leather...manly smell...not bad ...not good....but can be avoided....
    Tommy Girl: Sweet, fruity , fresh but very strong....any overapplication leads to extremely sweet & cloying smell...very good smell but can get overpoweringly heavy...
    Jovan Musk: Smells strongly of an after shave....can be avoided....another very strong smelling stuff...u may like it but others may not...can smell closer to bathroom cleaning agents....has been praised by many ppl...but i think its ok...not so bad but still avoidable...
    Versace Blue Jean: Smells of Chocolate + Coca Cola....Fogg Brown Color bottle...i dont know the name....but smells good in Fogg & same as a perfume oil...but the alcoholic fizz of Fogg dissipates the smell better...

So recommended ones: Hugo Boss, Polo, Azzaro, Cool Water

Hope u find the above useul,
    Chinchin85

Hi Chinchin,
    I really appreciate how you gave so clear & detailed description of the DG Boys you own. Thanks
    I guess their Polo should smell similar to Aqdas Polo Sport. Here I'd mention Set Wet's Cool deo smells very very close to this. Must be inspired by Polo Blue
    So I ordered Azzaro, Hugo Boss and CK-1 (just because it's so popular, i thought to try this).
    I see you have all the popular oil versions of Cool Water, shows the level of craze for attars I'm still on with my first version of scents
    I'm married and my wife is kind of little annoyed by my this obsession so I'm trying to go little slow with the purchases lol i give my office address to sellers for shipping
    I've lots on my wish list including Al Rehab Al Sharqiya, Space and many, Al Nuaim Blue for Men, Cool Waves, Arochem H2O, White Musk, few from DG Boys, few Jardins. Needs lots of patience

There's is Mayur fragrances based somewhere in Gujrat. They keep listing and disappearing on eBay. Their Black 3xxx is supposed to be Ferrari type priced at Rs 70 + 50 shipping. But disappeared from ebay. They're on Facebook, maybe I'll try someday that as well
    Thanks again for all the info.

Regards,
    Avinash

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for the reply...yes Polo from DG smells same as Cowboy Polo/Polar Craze from Aqdas...

I am unmarried & the reason you have mentioned above (losing independence to things I want to do) is the exact reason for not marrying...
    Women can buy , shop & consume how much ever they want & they dont have a "switch off" button...but if men show the same traits...they get annoyed...nice irony of life...

For Al Nuaim Blue...plz read reviews...possibly it is similar to Rasasi Blue for Men which has got some bad reviews of fragrantica.com...

About White Musk - I had bought this from (JK Perfumers) DarulHaqIrfan on ebay...it is a sweet smelling perfume...good..but not too good...possibly even these musks from different manufacturers smell different...once I had smelt Musk from Ahsan Perfumes Chennai & it was very different from White Musk by JK Perfumes Chennai.

While researching on the internet I had stumbled upon a UK based company called Milton Lloyd some 3-4 months back...their goal is to make affordable versions of designer perfumes.They sell their Color Me series in India... some are available on ebay, shopclues, paytm etc.

Some comparisions are here:

Milton Lloyd Bondage Out - Diesel Fuel For Life
    Milton Lloyd Bondage Temptation - Armani Code
    Success - L'Eau d'Issey Miyake
    Bondage - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
    The Man Cobalt - YSL Fahrenheit
    Top Gun 2 - Boss Bottled
    Futurity - CK Eternity
    The Man Silver - YSL Kouros
    Henley - Dunhill Edition
    Spirit of Heaven - Thierry Mugler A* Men
    Calibre Senses - Burberry Touch
    Bondage Extreme - Dunhill Desire
    Superstar - CK Euphoria
    New York Guys - Boss In Motion
    Me Too - Joop
    America Legend - Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce
    Aroma di Jean - Armani Acqua di Gio
    Poker - Chanel Allure Sport
    331 - Caroline Herrera 212
    America - Hugo by Hugo Boss
    Ditto - Davidoff Echo
    America Sport - Ralph Lauren Polo Sport
    True Grit - Diesel Only The Brave
    Joe Boy - Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger
    Popcorn Boys - Lacoste Red
    Pure Gold - Paco Rabanne One Million
    Coty Laimant - Chanel number 5
    river island Perfect - Gucci Rush

No comparisions available for Color Me now...But Color Me Green , Blue, Silver & White are for men....Color Me White Smells like Creed Silver Mountain Water/ Al Rehab
    Silver

Hope one day they sell Aroma Di Jean - Acqua Di Gio in India.

Bye for now...happy buying..
    Chinchin85

Hi Chinchin,

Thanks again for another big list of very interesting info. Had been seeing Colour Me series on various shopping sites for months.

Sorry i wrote White Musk, I meant Green Musk. White Musk i had just out of curiosity, it's ok but boring and very light smelling.
    That Blue for Men must be a copy of Rasasi. I am tempted because several Al Nuaims priced at aboVe Rs 200 are selling at Rs 127 at shopclues
    Do you own some Al Nuaims? Hows your experience with them.

Regards,
    Avinash

- - - Updated - - -

Confusing Aqdas

Chinchin,

Was looking at Aqdas site and downloaded their catalogue which basically mentions notes of their various perfumes. The notes mentioned of their Cool Water seems similar to the Women's version of Cool Water and I noticed the attar smells sweet fruity, more unisex than masculine. Their catalogue doesn't mention about Cool Waves.

Now, based on the notes in catalogue, Hogo Boss/ Boss Blanc is similar to Hugo Boss Deep Red another perfume marketed for women. But as I can remember it doesn't smell feminine.
    I can't find notes on internet for Ralph Lauren Polo matching their aqdas Polo notes.
    Your ideas..

Avinash

Hi Chinchin,

Thanks again for another big list of very interesting info. Had been seeing Colour Me series on various shopping sites for months.

Sorry i wrote White Musk, I meant Green Musk. White Musk i had just out of curiosity, it's ok but boring and very light smelling.
    That Blue for Men must be a copy of Rasasi. I am tempted because several Al Nuaims priced at aboVe Rs 200 are selling at Rs 127 at shopclues
    Do you own some Al Nuaims? Hows your experience with them.

Regards,
    Avinash

- - - Updated - - -

Confusing Aqdas

Chinchin,

Was looking at Aqdas site and downloaded their catalogue which basically mentions notes of their various perfumes. The notes mentioned of their Cool Water seems similar to the Women's version of Cool Water and I noticed the attar smells sweet fruity, more unisex than masculine. Their catalogue doesn't mention about Cool Waves.

Now, based on the notes in catalogue, Hogo Boss/ Boss Blanc is similar to Hugo Boss Deep Red another perfume marketed for women. But as I can remember it doesn't smell feminine.
    I can't find notes on internet for Ralph Lauren Polo matching their aqdas Polo notes.
    Your ideas..

Avinash
    Hi Avinash,

The first perfume I bought was White Musk from JK Perfumers Chennai (DarulHaqIrfan on ebay)...it is good..but over application makes it very sweet & heavy..
    I had bought only one Al Nuaim i.e D'Love (Pink cap bottle) which is the same as Dove's perfume...it was good & long lasting.
    Aqdas sells Navy perfume & Al Nuaim sells it too...if u hav tried it...can u tell me how does it smell??...Also have u tried Aqdas Silver Shine..??

One of my colleagues asked me abt attars & I got him Aqdas Cool Waves - it smells almost same as Arochem H2O & he too liked it very much..possibly Aqdas Cool Waves & Cool Water are different,,,but even unisex scensts are nice unless they are too sweet or feminine...just like Aqdas Hofo Boss...which smells nice.I use Tommy Girl sometimes...fruity , sweet & mildly citrus...but is very nice...A biophysicist named Luca Turin...who is also very interested in the science of scents...had praised this perfume & tells thats its UNISEX..based on research...

Polo for me smells similar to Acqua Di Gio...atleast the initial opening...drydowns of both are different...yesterday I wore it in office & got compliments again..why I said that Polo is Ralph Lauren Polo Blue...because...Acqua Di Gio is also an Aromatic Aquatic Scent & Polo Blue is too...& for me both smell similar in some respects....possibly I might be very wrong...but the Polo is as such very decent & inoffensive scent..

Based on notes like u said above...I bought Arochem Millenium...which by notes is CK One Summer Edition 2005...the perfume is similar to CK One...but not very great..hope these people write their notes correctly...

Thats all for now...
    Bye...

Chinchin85

Hi Chinmay,

Before you ask how I got your name, last evening I was chatting on whatsapp with Ammar of DG boys, he asked who gave me his Indiamart link, i told him a guy who purchased lots from you and whom you accidentally sent women's Burberry He remembers you and told me your name. I chatted with him to know whether is Hugo Boss is men's or women's, his reply was there's nothing like men's or women's in attars. I said it matters when you're replicating a western perfume. Then he said men's. According to him he sent same Burberry perfume second time as well, funny how big attar makers are so confused about notes He was asking from where Chinmay buys perfumes now, i said he loves many of your attars and will buy from you once his 25 ml bottles are empty lol

Yesterday i chatted with ebay seller GrabEzee as well about Aqdas Cool Water. BTW, he's lots of Al Rehab and almost all the Aqdas. Is cheaper if you in bulk. 3 Al Rehabs for Rs 440 and same for 4 Aqdas. So he said new Aqdas Cool Water bottles/boxes come with the name Cool Waves and Polo becomes Polar Craze. He said Cool Water aqdas is men's version, when i told him about the notes on aqdas site he said sometimes notes are just not enough to know a perfume
    I too think Aqdas Polo should be Polo Blue because aqdas definitely is aquatic. Regarding Aqdas Boss Blanc, as an attar this indeed is fresh, sweet and pleasant and is easily unisex.

Many attar lovers buy them because they are designer type but sadly these attar makes don't mention the actual perfume they recreate or the notes and sellers to don't have much idea
    I haven't used Navy as it doesn't seem interesting or familiar. Silver Shine i guess should be like Silver al rehab.
    Its getting too long, will post the rest later.

Regards
    Avinash

- - - Updated - - -

I had once asked about Jardin's Blue Water attar, they messaged that it's like their own spray 'Spring Water' and mentioned notes included aquatic, mint and lavender, so it must be their attempt at men's Cool Water.
    BTW, I had purchased Aqdas Eternity assuming is would men's aquatic Eternity based on the color of the bottle but when I tried it smelt very sharp soapy florals and feminine so i checked for the notes so it came out to be women's popular Eternity.
    Its funny and annoying how Indian attar makers are keen on making women's designer type perfumes and sell them as unisex while majority of the buyers are men. Maybe it's easier for them to recreate sweet fruity and floral fragrances than masculine ones.

- - - Updated - - -

I have Al Fares (Al Rehab's) to which many reviewers say is like CK Eternity for men. When i tried it showed no similarity whatsoever with Aqdas Eternity rather it reminds me about
    Aqdas Polo, funny

- - - Updated - - -

On the other side, there are perfume lovers who wear the fragrance they like regardless of whether it is marketed for men or women. I respect them but personally I prefer masculine and popular unisex

Hi Chinmay,

Before you ask how I got your name, last evening I was chatting on whatsapp with Ammar of DG boys, he asked who gave me his Indiamart link, i told him a guy who purchased lots from you and whom you accidentally sent women's Burberry He remembers you and told me your name. I chatted with him to know whether is Hugo Boss is men's or women's, his reply was there's nothing like men's or women's in attars. I said it matters when you're replicating a western perfume. Then he said men's. According to him he sent same Burberry perfume second time as well, funny how big attar makers are so confused about notes He was asking from where Chinmay buys perfumes now, i said he loves many of your attars and will buy from you once his 25 ml bottles are empty lol

Yesterday i chatted with ebay seller GrabEzee as well about Aqdas Cool Water. BTW, he's lots of Al Rehab and almost all the Aqdas. Is cheaper if you in bulk. 3 Al Rehabs for Rs 440 and same for 4 Aqdas. So he said new Aqdas Cool Water bottles/boxes come with the name Cool Waves and Polo becomes Polar Craze. He said Cool Water aqdas is men's version, when i told him about the notes on aqdas site he said sometimes notes are just not enough to know a perfume
    I too think Aqdas Polo should be Polo Blue because aqdas definitely is aquatic. Regarding Aqdas Boss Blanc, as an attar this indeed is fresh, sweet and pleasant and is easily unisex.

Many attar lovers buy them because they are designer type but sadly these attar makes don't mention the actual perfume they recreate or the notes and sellers to don't have much idea
    I haven't used Navy as it doesn't seem interesting or familiar. Silver Shine i guess should be like Silver al rehab.
    Its getting too long, will post the rest later.

Regards
    Avinash

- - - Updated - - -

I had once asked about Jardin's Blue Water attar, they messaged that it's like their own spray 'Spring Water' and mentioned notes included aquatic, mint and lavender, so it must be their attempt at men's Cool Water.
    BTW, I had purchased Aqdas Eternity assuming is would men's aquatic Eternity based on the color of the bottle but when I tried it smelt very sharp soapy florals and feminine so i checked for the notes so it came out to be women's popular Eternity.
    Its funny and annoying how Indian attar makers are keen on making women's designer type perfumes and sell them as unisex while majority of the buyers are men. Maybe it's easier for them to recreate sweet fruity and floral fragrances than masculine ones.

- - - Updated - - -

I have Al Fares (Al Rehab's) to which many reviewers say is like CK Eternity for men. When i tried it showed no similarity whatsoever with Aqdas Eternity rather it reminds me about
    Aqdas Polo, funny

- - - Updated - - -

On the other side, there are perfume lovers who wear the fragrance they like regardless of whether it is marketed for men or women. I respect them but personally I prefer masculine and popular unisex
    Hi Avinash,

Nice to read your reply & your interactions with Mr. Ammar about me...
    Thx for Aqdas Eternity Info...from the notes mentioned it is definitely feminine...& my mom likes it a lot...whoever made it first made it for his wife as a gift...I read this stuff somewhere...
    Al Fares is like Men's Eternity ??...thx for the info...will surely try this...coz I a generally cautious with any Eternity Perfume...so that I dont buy a feminine version..
    CK Eternity for Men is an Aromatic Fougere so possibly cud smell little closer to Polo Blue...

In India ...it is definitely a problem...with attar makers creating confusing stuff....US & UK have real awesome stuff available....one website is there: saveonscents.com...they sell real good stuff at lesser prices...but shipping prices are 8 times the perfume prices....3 USD for perfumes 23 USD for shipping via US Postal Services/First Class Mail/Priority International Mail...ppl have given very good reviews abt their products...there are many such sites which sell stuff in US & UK , Australia etc.

Another thing to try: Nautica Blue & Nautica Voyage from Nautica Perfumes.

One question: Which kind of perfumes do you like the most....??....Like I like Aromatic Aquatics...what abt u??

Bye...
    Chinmay.

Hi Chinmay,

Suddenly I started writing about men's/women's fragrances notes etc because I was always curious about the smell of men's Cool Water but not willing to Rs 1500 on a spray that hardly lasts for couple of hours in Indian conditions so an attar version is both affordable and lasting but as Aqdas CW as well turned out to be imitation of women's version left me little disappointed and i never expected their Hogo Boss to be imitated from women's Hugo Boss
    I'm little sexist when it comes to perfumes lol it's little psychological as well eg l had no issues with Aqdas Boss Blanc till i read that notes are feminine hahaha
    Personally i love citrus, fresh, aquatic and fresh spicy etc. Crazy about citrus. But sadly citrus and aquatic don't much project and last long I guess. Al Rehab Sultan is a bit synthetic but is a nice aquatic perfume.
    Silver is so good that it's ok that it's unisex.

Will post more later
    Avinash

- - - Updated - - -

Buying from UK or US is out of question because of international shipping costs. In many cases their attars are imported from India. I saw a video of US based attar seller saying there are no notes in nature exclusive for men or women
    I think i saw Nautica somewhere online, is it spray?
    That Ambrosial Lomani, it's a very simple citrus (lavender too I guess) perfume. But i love it. Sadly it doesn't last. I may order DG Lomani someday.

Keeping the price part aside, Al Rehab's are safest buy in terms of prior information about how the perfume smells, what imitation it is, whether men's or women's etc. But again Aqdas, Al Nuaim, Arochem etc are so alluring especially with their cheap deals that we can't stop buying them. Or any new perfume or brand in that segment will make us keep buying

Hi Chinmay,

Suddenly I started writing about men's/women's fragrances notes etc because I was always curious about the smell of men's Cool Water but not willing to Rs 1500 on a spray that hardly lasts for couple of hours in Indian conditions so an attar version is both affordable and lasting but as Aqdas CW as well turned out to be imitation of women's version left me little disappointed and i never expected their Hogo Boss to be imitated from women's Hugo Boss
    I'm little sexist when it comes to perfumes lol it's little psychological as well eg l had no issues with Aqdas Boss Blanc till i read that notes are feminine hahaha
    Personally i love citrus, fresh, aquatic and fresh spicy etc. Crazy about citrus. But sadly citrus and aquatic don't much project and last long I guess. Al Rehab Sultan is a bit synthetic but is a nice aquatic perfume.
    Silver is so good that it's ok that it's unisex.

Will post more later
    Avinash

- - - Updated - - -

Buying from UK or US is out of question because of international shipping costs. In many cases their attars are imported from India. I saw a video of US based attar seller saying there are no notes in nature exclusive for men or women
    I think i saw Nautica somewhere online, is it spray?
    That Ambrosial Lomani, it's a very simple citrus (lavender too I guess) perfume. But i love it. Sadly it doesn't last. I may order DG Lomani someday.

Keeping the price part aside, Al Rehab's are safest buy in terms of prior information about how the perfume smells, what imitation it is, whether men's or women's etc. But again Aqdas, Al Nuaim, Arochem etc are so alluring especially with their cheap deals that we can't stop buying them. Or any new perfume or brand in that segment will make us keep buying
    Hi Avinash,

I too am careful not to buy feminine fragrances...but some of them are too good & smell more of the unisex kind..so I buy them & nobody notices the difference..including me..
    In words of a famous perfumer Jacques Cavallier "The odours do not have a gender. Nothing is prohibited in a perfume provided that it gets pleasures !"

About Al Rehab Sultan - u mentioned its aquatic...is it good??...coz I bought a Sultan perfume from BAP stores in Bangalore & it smells tobacco-ish spicy perfume...very strong...I dont like tobacco-ish spicy perfumes that much..if Sultan from Al Rehab is aquatic then will try it...I dont understand that even with similar names these attar makers do not have a consistency of smell...

Yes nautica is a spray...

Ambrosial Lomani smellsvery much like some aftershave..nice & manly..

I had never used any perfume till Feb 2014...then suddenly became crazy for perfumes & have bought 60+ perfuems in last 1 yr..

Bye for now...
    Chinmay.

Hi Chinmay,

I may be wrong in using the term aquatic for Al Rehab Sultan but definitely fresh spicy, little citrus, masculine but overall gives a fresh and aquatic kind of feel. Read details on fragrantica but definitely worth trying. I really like it
    Also read about Al Rehab Champion Black, many reviewers call it men's Cool Water clone
    Regards
    Avinash

These cheap chemical fragrance oils, I wouldn't call them attars. True Attars are distilled of natural ingredients.

Hi Amar,

True that these are synthetic but are affordable and pleasant They would still be called attars. Natural Indian attars essentially need sandal oil as their carrier and you can imagine what the cost would. And Oud will remain just a dream for attar lovers.
    Even those selling Ratrani, Rose etc as well are selling synthetic
    Last edited by AvinashS; 5th April 2015 at 04:05 PM.