Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Chennai - Attars Perfumes

Dear Friends,

This is Ravi from Chennai and I am a ardent fan of attars. They come in small bottles, are strong and are very cost effective and in 400-500 rs you can get 7-8 different scents. I relocated to Chennai 5 years ago and was searching for good attar shops in Chennai, preferably inhouse made. In my earlier city Aurangabad (MS) there was a whole gully of attars known as attar gully. In that gully there were shops which sold both inhouse and branded attars. Branded attars manufactured by companies in MP / UP were sold by the shops. I liked the attars of one company Arochem Ratlam so much that I wrote to them that I want to buy their attars, and they were kind enough to send me the attars by Parcel. The direct cost from company was almost half of the retail cost and I have ordered from them 2-3 times.

Mostly i get perfumes from abroad whenever my sister comes, she brings 4-5 bottles, but some are good and some doesnt smell good.

In Chennai many branded attars are sold in supermarkets and perfume shops, but their costs are high and not that much effective. Also I was looking at the traditional attar shop wherein I can test the attar and buy it. I asked one of my muslim friend and he told that they are sold in triplicane near the mosque. Also posted in one site and got to know that in Parrys , Mannady Street there are shops / perfumers. So went to Parrys and searched the shop and found some 2-3 good shops. Went to JK Perfumers who have their own huge range of perfumes and bought the following perfumes / attars:

Tried Posting the image link but got rejected. Will post image link afterwards.

David Off Cool Water - 3 ML - 50Rs Dont know how these companies imitate the exact scent , as I havent used the original david off cant comment on it. but my earlier use of original hugo boss and the attar aro boss by Arochem made me believe that these perfumers have exactly imitated the scent.

Marhaba - 3 Ml - 30Rs Another customer was buying it 3-4 bottles hence tried it and found it nice. smell cant be described as I am not an expert.

1000 flower - 3Ml - 30 Rs this is a common attar made by all perfumers and smell varies from perfumer to perfumer

Rose - 8 ML - 60Rs this is also common, he had two varities one is mild and another strong. I found the mild one more original and was looking for the original rose flower smell. strong smelled like tea rose and had a tint of tea smell in it and didnt like it.

Bakhoor - 8ML - 50 Rs branded one by Al Nauim smelled sweet

Mukhalat - 8ML - 60Rs branded one by JK perfumers themselves, Had a note of lotus smell , if I am not wrong.

Royal Mirage - 3 ML - 30 Rs branded one by JK perfumers themselves they told its fancy / imported ones copy. .

Another shop to try there is Aalim Perfumes which makes inhouse perfumes, also found out that synergy aqdas sells branded aqdas perfumes. Once this stock gets empty will visit Parrys and buy more.

Default Re: Chennai - Attars Perfumes

I buy my attars at Charminar in Hyderabad. I agree, these things are pretty cheap for how good and potent they are!

Quote Originally Posted by AMAR_420 View Post
    These branded ones seem like cheap chemical reconstutions of already exisiting fragrances or chemical flower smells. Search for the real thing and visit original distilleries of natural products if you want to smell the classical fragrances.

Whatever it may be I love the chemical / synthetic for their cheap cost and good smell. They smell as good as original. And in India most firms who claimthey sell originals are a rip off. 3 ML rose attar costs 30 rs in the attar shop which i bought. The shop is owned by Muslim and made inhouse. Even he tells he doesnt use natural oils 100% as they are scarce and hard to find and costly. In ebay / flipkart / amazon there are sellers selling natural 100% oils for Rs.200-Rs.1000/- for 3 ML. Sugandhvatika for eg. Now what is the genunity of their claim? Nowhere it is mentioned that 1000rs rose attar will be the original one. And i personally dont know how to differentiate between natural and organic oils, hence feel the branded or inhouse manufactured ones which are cost effective are best.

If you know source of authentic attars in India with cost , please post I will try and test difference.

Regards,

Ravi

This thread. Wow.
    Currently wearing: Diorella by Christian Dior

Where to buy AL-REHAB in quantity like i want to buy ZIDAN 100ml or more than where to go?Can you people recommend i am from NEW DELHI
    Move away or I will over spray!

i use to buy attar from Nizammuddin area here we have Ajmal official store and many many attar shops ..i buy 6 ml for 90rs but i am searching for bigger quantity stockist which seems to be only a kerala distributer and very very arrogant and even dont know about his own stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Move away or I will over spray!

Hi guys;
    I used to buy sprays until I bumped into this thread. I wanted to start somewhere and I bought Al-Rehab Silver from Darul haq irfan ; I expected a lot and was not disappointed. Then I went and bought Summer shock from al-reej perfumes which was like a small spray. This one closely resembles Acqua di gio (almost 75%) and does the job. Next I am gonna buy there Sapphire pocket perfume.

Till then;
    Juneo

Chinmay,
    Al-Reej have registered themselves on Shopclues. I bought it from them. And thanks for the other suggestions I will try them too . Do you know about Ajmal perfumes? They have there stores all over the country. I bumped into there around a year back here in chennai. They had both attar and sprays, I bought a spray named Dream merchant and an attar named Passion. Both had woody fragrance, the spray had kind of spicy notes of pepper and tea. I bought this for my dad and it was great initially but kinda got boring after that. The attar though was very good. It had some fruity as well as floral notes at the top with the base being woody. I gave it to my sister and she loved it a lot. They have lot of attars but i am gonna try what you guys have suggested first. And if you want, go to there store in bangalore and have a look.

Till then,
    bye,
    Juneo

Hi Avinash,
    Chinmay is like all known guru in this thread , he has given so many detailed reviews and suggestions that i cant decide which one to buy first. I want to try Al-rehab Green tea or something from DG boys.

-
    Juneo

Chinmay,
    Yeah as avinash said i find that you are passionate and have an acute eye of describing perfumes. And also thanks for all the suggestions , its another gold of a reply.
    Also guys let me bring in another topic here. Do you guys use deo? I am sensitive to alcoholic deos which causes dark underarms. I use nivea's anti-perspirant.

-
    Juneo

Chinmay, pineapple + floral mix? Just curious whether Ahsan Original Musk smells kinda feminine. And also there is one perfume my colleague wears called Aspen. It smells heavenly. I am not sure how much it costs, but it smelled amazing.

Avinash, Zidan sounds interesting , i will surely give it a try. And where did u buy it from. i checked on ebay, its 400rs from one seller.

I have ordered Azzaro from DG boys, will update once it arrives. Also bought a pack of pocket perfumes from Al-Areej. Summer shock, Sappahire & Czar. I believe both Sappahire & Czar are replica of designer ones, but not sure which one. They all smell good.

Chinmay,
    That's the issue with Sapphire & Czar, I am not able to figure out which one they have replicated. I believe all of Al-Areej pocket perfumes are replica of one thing or the another. They have one replica of polo sport as well. I will buy their other perfumes as well and let u know if i figure out something, and the info about these perfumes is also very less online.

Hi Chinz & Avi,

I agree with Al-Areej perfumes. I faced the exact same situation, I wanted to buy summer shock but had to buy the box of 3 which had Sapphire & Czar. As far as i know, only summer shock comes close to Acqua Di Gio and we still dont know any other attar replica . And guys have you tried arochem azzaro and 555?
    Chinmay, what happened to CFS perfume you once had ordered, they clearly state of being an apparel perfume.
    Avinash, I have ordered Al-Rehab Zidan based on your recommendation. Hope its good :P

Meanwhile i have ordered Al-Fares as well

Hi Avinash & chinmay,
    I have got DG boys Azzaro, Al Fares and Zidan Classic. As chinmay revealed earlier, Azzaro smells like a pleasant after shave upon dry down. Then Al Fares is just too good, its kinda green and clean pleasant smell. Thanks Avinash for recommending it Zidan classic has sharp tangy notes at the start and gets sweet after dry down and one could smell amber notes too. I love both of this. They are awesome. But when it comes to longevity Al Fares is less intense and stays around some 5 hrs or so. Zidan has extreme longevity and stays whole day. I have 3 Al rehab attars and if i have to list them down to my liking, it would be Al Fares followed by Zidan and Silver. Both the scents rank up as they smell masculine than silver.

- Juneo

Hey Avinash & Chinmay,
    How have you guys been? I was constantly travelling and couldnt find to time to check the forum. Btw yeah even i didnt buy anything after that. Was thinking of completing the stuff i already have and then jump on to something else. Hopefully my next would be Hugo Boss dupe. It was good knowing you guys. Please be in touch.
    Bye,
    Juneo

Hi Guys,
    Somehow I am not getting any notifications to my ID for this thread, so missed the last convo.
    Chinz,anyway i can get liril attar other than DG boys? Not liking the idea of 450rs for 25ml from them.
    Avinash, which Hugo Boss dupe do you have, Just different?

-
    Juneo

Hi Chinz & avinash,
    I am from chennai and yeah i know Hindi. I did not find Issey Miyake attar online . Chinz , is this the attar you bought : http://www.simplyislam.com/attar-iss...mes-58405.html . Avinash, are you getting enough projection for the liril attar or is it falling flat as chinz said.

- Juneo

Avinash,
    I agree with you , the reply from WOW perfumes is very impressive. They seem to know what they are doing. And yeah i saw chinmay's post, i am just hoping that i get the same attar online. I like perfumes which are aquatic and fresh smelling, thats y i am more excited about his Issey Miyake attar. He also that it would be his second best lol. Lets just wait for chinmay's Is-Miami spray review.

P.S - love how the wow perfumes have described there perfumes for particular occasions ��

- Juneo

Okay i was browsing through Paytm and saw a brand named Perfume depot, they claim to have dupes of every major perfume , i saw acqua di gio, 212 vip, hugo classic, one million etc.... have a look into it.
    Seller - Aloewood fine fragrances
    Last edited by Juneo; 30th July 2015 at 11:32 AM.

Chinz,
    I did not have office yesterday , they gave a holiday for Kalam's death. Actually chennai has many places but i haven't explored it yet. There is a place called Madras Export Processing Zone (MEPZ) where they export these attars to gulf. I remember in 2012, my dad's friend wanted an attar, so we both went to Parrys where they manufacture attars and bought something called Cobra attar, i dont remember much about it but they were extremely potent and one would faint if somebody had applied it nearby. I had a dislike for attars from then , but now realised that they are making mild attars as well. Anyways, that time the manufactures were not ready to sell it to people like us. They only concentrated on exporting, i dont know how the situation is now. The guy at that time used to say that these companies dont sell the attars with the `Made in India' label. As part of its marketing strategy, the company uses only the bar-code to specify that it is from India. So, our manufactures have great attars in India itself but they just have voluntarily made it inaccessible. For eg: I researched couple of there sites and they had no proper info on what they are making. Some shops near my area sell attars with huge margin saying its imported from gulf while they have been repacked only in gulf. I need to find some insider i gues

The Aloewood seller in paytm is selling other sprays as well. I am talking about the attar series which he is named perfume depot. I dont know whether its there home grown or not. Comparatively they are costlier but i went ahead and took the risk. Have placed the order for Acqua di gio attar. Lets wait and see.

-
    Juneo

Avi,
    I think chinz wont reply anytime soon now, he seems to be in fairy tale land after he found a perfume which works for him he he
    Btw even i wanna know how the spray is, does it have projection and longevity? I will post once i get my attar.

- Juneo

Chinz & Avinash,
    My perfume obsession started recently, so i still have a long way to go i guess But coming to longevity, i think it also depends on the weather. Chennai has a hot climate all year, so many perfumes do not give projection or longevity. I sweat a lot and just never apply attar or sprays on my skin, so particularly it always comes to the scent which gives more projection when applied to clothes. Chinz has a great climate at bangalore, i believe he can rele get to know the proper strength of a perfume. I was lucky to find this thread and my purchases were completely based on u guys. So, haven't actually bought anything of risk yet. From the few attars i have , my fav is Zidan. It is my opinion of how an attar should project, not headache inducing and not mild either, just perfect projection. I want to get scents which have that type of projection.

-
    Juneo

- - - Updated - - -

I remember , my first proper perfume was Davidoff cool water 125 ml, that spray just lasted ages. Then i bought Aqua di gio armani. But as chinz said , once u get something - you start losing its value. Applying the same perfume everyday just bored me and i gave it to my dad. The lesson is that with sprays one cannot get a variety unless he has multiple sprays. So getting those expensive perfumes didnt work for me. Thats when i jumped into attars and have been satisfied with my purchases.

Avinash,
    Cool Water was by far the best , i used to apply 3-5 sprays on my clothes, it almost stayed the whole day but what exactly makes it popular is its projection, Eg: In office cubicle, the person who sits next to you will get a mild whiffs all day long. I once applied it on my skin (chest, back of the neck,wrist and on biceps) and it became intense and people could tell which way i went LOL. So yeah i dont want that strong projection but applying on clothes worked well. CW comes in 125ml bottle and lasts ages. Myself and my father used to apply it daily and it came for around 8 months. For acqua di gio armani, i did not get that kind of projection, longevity was also less than CW.

-
    Juneo

- - - Updated - - -

I got the Perfume Depot Acqua di gio attar from Paytm, on intial application it seems as a stronger version of acqua di gio, but after it settles down becomes similar to Al-Areej perfumes acqua di gio, somewhat like 75-80% close to original armani perfume. I first applied it to my gym and the projection was less. I applied it to office, longevity - 6 hrs, projection - is less again, if somebody hugs me then they will get i guess . It was the same case with Al-Areej summer shock, though i am happy that i could get occasional whiffs for 6hrs, projection wise its just marginally better than al-areej. I applied it on skin and it didnt stay for more than 2 hrs. This attar is manufactured by Aloewood fine fragrance itself. Overall - a good buy but cost is 240 +30 (shipping), so will look for alternatives next time.
    Last edited by Juneo; 4th August 2015 at 08:06 AM.

A while back we all agreed that we have bought many attars and wont buy some stuff for a while. Look at that now = LOL.
    Chinz, all the best on finishing your current collection

he he

-
    Juneo

No more experiments is it? We will see about that

Hi guys,
    Life is good as usual. Chinz, i am awestruck by you. I mean you find new attars even from remote places. Both the attars look rele cool, better looking from the one found in shopclues. I will wait for your review on this. But seriously tempted to buy.

-
    Juneo

Avinash, thats actually a good idea to cleanup the old stock. Btw, anyone has 212 VIP dupe?

Yessssssssss, i was waiting for your review. I am gonna buy the liril attar from islamic shop. Thanks Chinz.

Chinz, i have placed an order for liril attar. I was surprised that they did not charge any shipping fee. Unbelievable deal.