Code of Conduct
o
    Understatesman

Default Spicebomb Eau Fraīche ... thoughts?

Saw this at Nordstrom yesterday. Not the biggest fan of Spicebomb so I didn't bother to sniff. Anyone here have any experience with it?

viktor_rolf_spicebomb_eau_fraiche.jpg

Default Re: Spicebomb Eau Fraīche ... thoughts?

This is one I want to sample... I will check my Nordstrom this week!!!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bśzios Brasil

I haven't had a chance to try this one yet but hope to soon.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Tested it at Nordstrom's last week. I thought it was different enough at first spray to warrant owning both if you owned the original, but after drydown it just smelled like a lighter version of the original. I will say the opening was very nice though .. very fresh.

Understatesman

Tested this at Nordstrom's today. I was surprised, it had a pretty nice opening. Different, fresh, yet still reminiscent of Spicebomb. I wouldn't personally own this, but I'd recommend it wholeheartedly. It is, like ziffy above said, kind of repetitive but I could see it getting use in warmer weather quite nicely while you shelve the original Spicebomb for a few summer months. The bottle is nifty, too. Looks good next to the original.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Never heard about it, thanks! Would have to try this one out......
    Currently wearing: Russian Tea by Masque

I realize this is an older thread. I happened to pick up Eau Fraiche this week and I must say it's fantastic. I've owned the original for about a year and love it too. The Eau Fraiche has a salty clean vibe in the openeing whereas the original goes straight to the spice and tobacco. After the dry down I also get the lighter version of the original. If you like the scent, you'll appreciate the lighter version for summer.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bśzios Brasil

Since my last post in this thread, have acquired it and also enjoy this one.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

My wife was absolutely ga-ga over this when I put it on this AM. She said it's better than the original. It's blazing hot here today, and this is a great summer scent. Thumbs up!
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    My wife was absolutely ga-ga over this when I put it on this AM. She said it's better than the original. It's blazing hot here today, and this is a great summer scent. Thumbs up!
    Agree... Better than regular Spicebomb...

Basenotes Junkie rickcharles606's Avatar

Need to snag this one too. I sampled it at Sephora and should've picked it up then. Great Summer fragrance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dependent Space Flight Navigator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Wow, gonna have to try this one out then! I like the original too, a version for the hot weather sounds intriguing ( and perhaps a little difficult to pull off with the cinnamon and tobacco in the original) but I'm sure they morphed it into something that nods to the original while being suitable for the heat. I'm trying to imagine what it may smell like, and for some reason I'm thinking it will be along the lines of 1725...which is a good thing.

Basenotes Plus

I just revisited this again the other night. I had a sample with about one spray left, so I sprayed it on my hand to get rid of it. That one spray projected all night and smelled great.

well then I guess this another to add to my fathers day want list considering how much I love Spicebomb.
    my top 10:
    Creed Royal Oud
    Ck One Shock
    Ralph Lauren Polo Green
    Creed Bois du Portugal
    M. Micallef Emir
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Guerlain LIDGE
    Slumberhouse Ore
    Yatagan by Caron
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Annick goutal Ninfeo Mio
    Currently wearing: Oud Wood by Tom Ford

for those that already own this; does your bottle say "fresh" in English, or "eau fraiche"? I'm shopping for this now (online) and I'm seeing many bottles for sale that have the "fresh" in English on it, but none that read "eau fraiche". Same thing? I mean, I understand that's what "eau fraiche" means, but not sure that they'd produce an English version label, as always I'm dubious about buying online, lol. Thanks in advance, gents.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rickcharles606 View Post
    for those that already own this; does your bottle say "fresh" in English, or "eau fraiche"? I'm shopping for this now (online) and I'm seeing many bottles for sale that have the "fresh" in English on it, but none that read "eau fraiche". Same thing? I mean, I understand that's what "eau fraiche" means, but not sure that they'd produce an English version label, as always I'm dubious about buying online, lol. Thanks in advance, gents.
    Same thing...

There's are only 3 Spicebombs... Fresh/eau fraiche, the regular and the Extreme...

Bored of flankers from all these companies.

Quote Originally Posted by benjijames28 View Post
    Bored of flankers from all these companies.
    Same here, but this one is pretty good. Plus my wife really liked this one, and there are very few that she likes in my collection. So, when I find one she digs, I pick it up. She tolerates my affliction quietly, and I try to include her by also picking up things she enjoys on me. Even if it's a flanker that I find "pretty good" ;-)

Sounds pretty meh.

Quote Originally Posted by rulopbo View Post
    Same thing...

There's are only 3 Spicebombs... Fresh/eau fraiche, the regular and the Extreme...
    Thank you ;-)

Banned

Thank you ;-)

The difference in labeling, if I“m correct, comes because initially Spicebomb Eau Fraiche was an exclusive for Nordstrom (?)... so this ones have only the difference in color...

When they threw the scent to everyone esle, they included the "fresh" label... but yes, same thing...

Makes sense, now to find an online shop that has it, lol. Fragrancenet is out, Beautyspin didn't have it. Where else should I look?

Makes sense, now to find an online shop that has it, lol. Fragrancenet is out, Beautyspin didn't have it. Where else should I look?

Not discount but could order straight from Sephora

http://www.sephora.com/spicebomb-fre...20grid:p394843
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Recently received this as a birthday gift - not something I would've bought for myself, but I actually like it quite a bit. It was something of a mistake - my mom had previously smelled Spicebomb Extreme and wanted to buy it for me, but somehow ended up with the Fresh flanker instead. I actually prefer this one though, as heavy vanilla scents don't always wear well on me.

It's definitely not the aquatic/calone take on fresh, and even the citrus element from the grapefruit isn't bright/juicy/fruity - it's more bitter pith that mixes nicely with the herbaceous lavender. The DNA and drydown are very similar to the original. It's definitely lighter and brighter than the original, but a different take on a "fresh" flanker than I was expecting.
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

"I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

You lucked out. Spicebomb Extreme is something done elsewhere well, and many times over, but Fraiche is a real gem. Whereas the original goes Play-Doughy, Fraiche stays fresh and pleasant. I have a 5 oz bottle
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

No!
    Currently wearing: Jaļpur Homme by Boucheron

I like Spicebomb Fresh. It's nice and a little bit underrated.
    However I would prefer Bvlgari Man in Black Cologne (and Bvlgari Man in Black All Blacks over the original Spicebomb).

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    No!
    You're no fun!
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by jabar View Post
    You're no fun!
    Well he wouldn't be a Trauerkraut if he wasn't a bit traurig

Well in any case, I'm happy with my felicitous mistake. Glad I avoided the play-doh dry down!
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

"I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre