Code of Conduct
    Understatesman

Default Tom Ford's Rive d'Ambre - How in the heck does this not have it's own thread here yet??

Smelled for the first time today...

HOLY CRAP what a refreshing scent! Forget Neroli Whatever, Costa Azzura or whatever other "aquatics" Ford is putting out. This is the real deal freshy! I don't like citrus scents, but I'm digging this one. I don't like summer-y scents, but I'm debating picking this one up.

Anyone have anything else to say about it?

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Tom Ford's Rive d'Ambre - How in the heck does this not have it's own thread here yet??

It's pretty damn good. It's one of my girlfriends favorites from Tom Ford. I haven't really tried it out - but I guess I should. It smells divine on her.

The only issue is longevity. We're talking 3-4 hours with as many as 4-5 sprays.

The smell is - as said - divine, though. Warm, ambery citrus with a real natural flavor. It feels like a Xerjoff citrus masterpiece, actually.

Default Re: Tom Ford's Rive d'Ambre - How in the heck does this not have it's own thread here yet??

For the price, I'd expect something a bit more interesting frankly. It's not terrible by any means, but it's not very exciting - citrus/amber. Meh.
    Currently wearing: Thirty-three by Ex Idolo

I liked this one, but couldn't find it in my heart to consider it full bottle worthy. Perhaps once the temperature ramps back up again, I'll like it enough.

I did find it interesting, but not in the typical BN ways. But to be honest, at first I did have to say that I was disappointed. But the sample I had wore well while in Jamaica
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I have tried this one also. It was OK but nothing special.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I thought it smelled great when I tested it at Saks earlier this year. It was like the fragrant equivalent of Sprite or 7UP, fizziness and all. But I remember the longevity was abysmal. I'm usually not one to obsess over longevity but this lasted something like 2 hours on me. But you just reminded me, I have a big sample I stashed away at home. Guess I'll have to give it a whirl later today and test the longevity again. It's possible I used a very light application the first time around.
    *My current wardrobe is up to date as of: 7/29/20

I have a sample of this - and I love it. It's on my "To Get" list for this spring / summer.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

Understatesman

Nevermind. Woke up, applied the sample, and it's nothing special. Guess it stood out at the time because I was whiffing a bunch of the heavier ouds and the contrast surprised me.

My bad.

haaaaa what a 180!
    Tom Ford Splits:Noir de Noir, Neroli Portofino, Lavender Palm, Plum Japonais, Champacca Absolute, Tobacco Vanille ONE LEFT: Italian Cypress, Patchouli Absolu, Amber Absolute, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Basenotes Member

Rive did nothing for me. Compared to Amber Absolute.. it's not even worthy of the name.

I did not like this at all. For me, this is probably the worst of the Tom Ford line.