Code of Conduct

Default Creed Aventus lovers (UK only)

PM me please to receive a free sample vial of a fragrance which I need feedback on from those familiar with Aventus

Default Re: Creed Aventus lovers (UK only)

I stil have a dozen samples for anyone who would like to participate

Quote Originally Posted by smellsliketeenspirit View Post
    PM me please to receive a free sample vial of a fragrance which I need feedback on from those familiar with Aventus
    Are you wanting to see if people think the fragrance Lomani AB Silver is similiar by any chance? It's a total clone of it near enough, apart from the sillage and staying power which aren't the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Caskey View Post
    Are you wanting to see if people think the fragrance Lomani AB Silver is similiar by any chance? It's a total clone of it near enough, apart from the sillage and staying power which aren't the greatest.
    No its a fragrance I've done. Lomani and the several others which some believe "are the same as / similar to/ almost a clone" with respect are not similar . The only similarity these fragrances share are that they are fruity and some batches of the Aventus are not even fruity! Also to say that "apart from the sillage and staying power" proves that Lomani can't be compared as a serious clone as this longevity and projection is one of Aventus's characteristics (in the best batch I've "been inspired by)".

Lomani also doesn't have the same complex blend of patchouli alcohol couer super light or oakmoss which provides the familiar mossy note which combined with Ambroxan (claimed that they use Ambergris) is also non existent in Lomani due to the cost of these materials. The elements in the best batches of Aventus are known and the cost has not put me off where others haven't even used Iso E Super which is a very inexpensive aroma chemical in Aventus
    Last edited by smellsliketeenspirit; 8th February 2015 at 07:35 AM.

No its a fragrance I've done. Lomani and the several others which some believe "are the same as / similar to/ almost a clone" with respect are not similar . The only similarity these fragrances share are that they are fruity and some batches of the Aventus are not even fruity! Also to say that "apart from the sillage and staying power" proves that Lomani can't be compared as a serious clone as this longevity and projection is one of Aventus's characteristics (in the best batch I've "been inspired by)".

Lomani also doesn't have the same complex blend of patchouli alcohol couer super light or oakmoss which provides the familiar mossy note which combined with Ambroxan (claimed that they use Ambergris) is also non existent in Lomani due to the cost of these materials. The elements in the best batches of Aventus are known and the cost has not put me off where others haven't even used Iso E Super which is a very inexpensive aroma chemical in Aventus
    No offense. But what do you expect for 19.99? The price difference is enormous, so you have to admit it's still pretty good for being "kinda" similar to it for the price. :-P

It isn't necessary to begin your post with "No offence" none was taken. You have your view and I have mine. Enjoy Lomani and your conclusion that the inexpensive price is an adequate trade off to the fact that it smells vaguely similar for xyz time as you say "the sillage and staying power aren't the greatest".

Your point about the two similarities would be like someone claiming that a 2 star hotel at 15.00 per night is similar to a 5 star hotel costing 300.00 because you have a roof over your head and can check out of both at 12'O clock so better to choose the 2 star. The product is the same but the characteristics can't be compared and the two should not be confused with discussions about value. That is a different point entirely.

Back to my original post:
    Is it possible to produce a fragrance "inspired by the original" which contains the materials in the original and at a lower price range? Considering that you can buy a tester of the original for 20% less than the retail packaged original then you begin to see why the costs add up in a product packaged as the original is. A better debate would be is it worth paying 20% more for a fragrance with an eye catching retail designed Box or a tester with a plain brown box. The fragrance is the same. Remove some of the mark up (hyper inflated) as the original positions itself purposely as an affluential brand in the niche perfumes category purposely out of reach of those used to paying 69.99 for a designer fragrance and then out of this world to those expecting to pay 19.99 for something you would only find in super drug.
    Last edited by smellsliketeenspirit; 8th February 2015 at 08:52 AM.

My Duplicate post deleted
    Last edited by smellsliketeenspirit; 8th February 2015 at 09:01 AM.

My Duplicate post deleted
    Last edited by smellsliketeenspirit; 8th February 2015 at 09:19 AM.

Back to my original post:
    Is it possible to produce a fragrance "inspired by the original" which contains the materials in the original and at a lower price range?....
    Provided with a well parsed analysis and assuming the original doesn't rely on too many captives, I'd imagine one could get pretty close to the original.
    Of course, in cloning a perfume at home, you've none of the associated R&D or distribution costs to cover.
    As a purely educational exercise, I could see it being fun to try.

Samples being sent this week to those who messaged me and I have a dozen or so more for those who are familiar with Aventus. I'd appreciate your view