Code of Conduct

Default Acqua essenziale!

Hey guys ! Sorry for posting a thread 2 days in a row but I just want to ask you guys that what are your thoughts on acqua Essenziale because I'm going to blind buy this today ! And if you have smelled it what other cologne can it relate too ? Thanks

Default Re: Acqua essenziale!

If it's the Ferragamo that you are talking about, I tried it briefly but didn't care for it. To me, it was weak and smelled medicinal. Hopefully you will like it when you buy it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Yeah it's that one , and really ? Damn it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Reeps1 View Post
    Yeah it's that one , and really ? Damn it :/
    You need to try it and judge for yourself.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I have left Basenotes due to excessive childish behavior by community members.
    If you need to contact me, please use alternate forms of communication.

^^ Pretty much agree with MegaMav's review. I thought it had a nice opening, but then....blah.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey
    Currently wearing: cK be by Calvin Klein

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

I haven't worn this one yet, but it's funny you brought it up since I was thinking about starting a thread about it.

It's at Nordstrom if you're in the U.S. and want to give it a sniff. I sprayed cards with Acqua Essenziale and Acqua Essenziale Blue before heading out to meet a friend... but like a dope, I eventually forgot which card was which scent. I thought one was nice, but I really enjoyed the other as did my friend... but when she asked what it was, I realized I may have mixed up the cards, so I didn't know. I keep meaning to go back to Nordstrom to try them again. It might be Blu that we both preferred? Maybe? I'm pretty sure the one we preferred lasted for ages on that card. She said she found it in her car the next day and it still smelled strong.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    You need to try it and judge for yourself.
    This.

Own it. Like it as a light aquatic summer fragrance. Longevity could be better but for the price a good frag. IMHO
    Currently wearing: Costa Azzurra by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I haven't worn this one yet, but it's funny you brought it up since I was thinking about starting a thread about it.

It's at Nordstrom if you're in the U.S. and want to give it a sniff. I sprayed cards with Acqua Essenziale and Acqua Essenziale Blue before heading out to meet a friend... but like a dope, I eventually forgot which card was which scent. I thought one was nice, but I really enjoyed the other as did my friend... but when she asked what it was, I realized I may have mixed up the cards, so I didn't know. I keep meaning to go back to Nordstrom to try them again. It might be Blu that we both preferred? Maybe? I'm pretty sure the one we preferred lasted for ages on that card. She said she found it in her car the next day and it still smelled strong.
    Man, I hate when that happens. I try to remember which one I placed in each pocket but I forget almost every time! It gets tricky when you have five strips stashed away in different pockets. I would feel like a dork if I went in to a store with a pen and plastic baggies though.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I love it. It's a great choice for the summer.

I think people tend to write it off as a generic aquatic because of the name, the brand, and....well that happens a lot with aquatics. And I admit there's something familiar about it. However...

It smells great! And it's put together really well. Acqua Wssenziale smells very much like Bleu de Chanel, except in place of Bleu's heavier elements (the incense and certain woody facets), it's made lighter through some aquatic notes and cool aromatics like mint and sage.

There's also a harsh synthetic scratchy note that I get in the opening of Bleu that I don't get with Essenziale. Essenziale feels better suited for the summer to me, as it's lighter, and produces this really nice sillage that's watery, a little sweet in the aromatic sense, and just the right density.

Bottom line, if you're a fan of aquatics I think you'll love this. If you tend to dislike aquatics anyway, then this probably isn't for you. It's become a summer staple for me, easy to wear and in tune with the season.
    Check out my current NICHE SALE, you can't beat these prices!

An ozonic fresh take on Bleu de Chanel.