Code of Conduct

Default red fragrances for women

my gf says her favorite fragrance she ran out of is lacoste red... there's no such thing right? i mean for women?

there's style in play which is kind of feminine.

then there's Eau de Lacoste L.12.12. Red which i haven't sniffed but don't expect to love.

can you guys recommend me better red fragrances for women? she's fixated on the red-ness.

Blog Entries

Default Re: red fragrances for women

I'm not exactly sure what this term refers to. It's so subjective. A sort of juicy depth? Anyway, you might like 'Montale- Red Vetyver.'
    Currently wearing: White Flowers by Creed

Blog Entries

Looking at the Lacoste fragrances listed in the directory, l'm almost certain she is referring to L.12.12.Red. Just because it's listed as masculine, doesn't rule it out. Many women here wear fragrances marketed to men.

There are more than a hundred fragrances listed with "Red" in the name, with a huge variation in notes from fruity to spicy to floral & probably everything in between.

L.12.12.Red appears to be mainly fruity with a touch of spice & vanilla, so perhaps you need to focus on these notes, & not the name?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what this term refers to. It's so subjective. A sort of juicy depth? Anyway, you might like 'Montale- Red Vetyver.'
    I'm not sure myself. Habit rouge feels red to me. Old spice. So i guess orientals? Aren't there more orientals in the feminine category?

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Looking at the Lacoste fragrances listed in the directory, l'm almost certain she is referring to L.12.12.Red. Just because it's listed as masculine, doesn't rule it out. Many women here wear fragrances marketed to men.

There are more than a hundred fragrances listed with "Red" in the name, with a huge variation in notes from fruity to spicy to floral & probably everything in between.

L.12.12.Red appears to be mainly fruity with a touch of spice & vanilla, so perhaps you need to focus on these notes, & not the name?
    yeah i noticed it's an eau so perhaps she could wear it. she's not a perfumista at all that wears masculines because they have specific taste. she just mentioned that and fresh out of the shower fragrances were her favorite.

shiseido basala is red!

That's exactly how I perceived it the few times I tested it. Very faint.

it's confusing dealing with a noob. i think she said she didn't like sweet fragrances. definitely not into florals... so why the red?

so she likes fruity... spicy?

There are red bottles, but I don't know about "red" scents.

Try to describe what she already wears.

Maybe Montale Red Aoud? This might be too sweet.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard