Code of Conduct

Default MDCI Parfums Invasion Barbare - Review

Hello lovely people of Basenotes!

Me and my brother would just like to share our review of this absolutely fantastic and masculine fragrance called Invasion Barbare, from MDCI Parfums.

Read the review over here: http://www.thefragrancefanatics.com/...arbare-review/

If you like our review, please share it! :-)

Have a wonderful and good smelling weekend,

Best regards,
    The Fragrance Fanatics

Default Re: MDCI Parfums Invasion Barbare - Review

Nice review!

Thanks for sharing your observations on this great fragrance.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

A great perfume, with many, many reviews.

I don't get this one at all. Mildly pleasant powdery fougere that gets very annoying after a little while. To my nose it's piercingly synthetic. Being synthetic in itself is not a problem, but I feel this lacks the natural vibrancy (synthetic ingredients can give certain glow too, but it's not the same) of classic fougeres.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    I don't get this one at all. Mildly pleasant powdery fougere that gets very annoying after a little while. To my nose it's piercingly synthetic. Being synthetic in itself is not a problem, but I feel this lacks the natural vibrancy (synthetic ingredients can give certain glow too, but it's not the same) of classic fougeres.
    I tend to agree with you although I do like this but it is rather straight line in its development and somewhat screechy in its first 30 minutes or so.
    If I were to purchase one I'd pick up the Bisque topper made of porcelain not the resin. It's pricey - adds about $900.00 to the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    I see what you mean.. I really love the opening of IB, but then later, something disturbs me...I donīt know what...

Theoretically, IB could be worn everywhere and in every season, but there are some moments and situations, where I donīt wanna smell IB. I donīt know how to explain it...But thatīs the way it is in my case...

I have to admit, that is a quality scent and I respect this piece..

When you want to spend less money, then I can recommand Caron pour un Homme or Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (Way better and more comfortable than IB IMO).