Code of Conduct

Default How big of a deal is the Joop! Homme reformulation?

People on Fragrantica are saying the sky is falling and the newest version of Joop! (with the 'Homme' underneath 'Joop!' instead of at the top of the bottle) has lost a lot of the sillage and longevity.

Truth?

I don't really care if the reformulation has altered the smell a little, supposedly the newest version smells even more candyish than the vintage, which I don't mind one bit, to the contrary actually. But I do hope the longevity and sillage haven't been affected.
    Last edited by fan.of.devin; 21st February 2015 at 01:01 AM.

Default Re: How big of a deal is the Joop! Homme reformulation?

Any decrease in Joop! Homme' sillage would be very welcome in most quarters.

I wouldn't say the projection or sillage have been greatly reduced. The scent in the bottle with "homme" below joop however, is screechy and harsh compared especially to first edition, but also to second edition as well. Also, more candy and less depth.
    Currently wearing: Joop! Homme by Joop!

I never detected a "power outage" in the reformulation. The original I found to be better balanced and to have a detectable sandalwood note, whereas the newest seems to be more "synthetic." However, if you are mostly concerned with top notes, I suggest you listen to those who have a similar preference.

The change in packaging and formulation isn't anything new: it actually happened about 3-4 years ago - an eternity (pun intended) in fragrance years.

Interestingly, last Christmas, Walmart was selling 4.2 oz bottles of it for $29.88. Even if it was less potent than before, if you broke a bottle of Joop! that big, you'd have to call in hazmat.
    It's really quite pleasant, except for the smell (...)
    -"Mama", My Chemical Romance

Vintage Dior Leather Oud for sale (US only)

Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    +1
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.

Stock up before its too late.

Having familiarized myself with older versions of Joop! Homme, I think the main difference is in how cinnamon is handled. In the old version the cinnamon is sweet and fairly distinct. In the newer version it is less sweet and seems more cherry-like. Both versions have the same dirt-cheap sandalwood, and both versions are loud as hell. If I had to pick between them, I'd choose Mont Blanc Individuel.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

If I had to pick between them, I'd choose Mont Blanc Individuel.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

While it may have lost sillage and longevity, there is the slight advantage of its notes have gotten (at least in my opinion) much smoother and balanced

Exactly. I get random wafts of this in public. Its almost like it travels in clusters when it leaves the wearer.

The reformulation(s) happened ages ago. They are likely on at least their third.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Aramis Calligraphy Rose, Penhaligon's Esprit de Roi, PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !