Code of Conduct

Default New rules now implemented in Sales Board, plus a slightly different way of operating.

Hello

I have implemented the revised rules for the Sales Board in the Marketplace that we announced at the end of last year.

There is one other slight change to how the board works (and this is just on the sales board): Only the thread starter may reply to the post.

If you wish to contact a seller about a sale, you should do so by PM, you can no longer reply to the thread. (Sellers, please ensure you have enough room in your inbox).

The majority of replies to sales threads are either from the OP announcing updates/bumps, or people saying that they have sent a PM. These end up with long threads, which moderators have to spend time clearing up.

By switching to this new system, there is no bump penalties. Anyone replying to their original post before 7 days will have their post merged with their last post, otherwise the post will bump.

Please let me know if you have any questions (I've posted this thread in Announcements, so you are able to reply to it...)

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: New rules now implemented in Sales Board, plus a slightly different way of operating.

Sounds fair - thanks for the update
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Sova by Slumberhouse

Default Re: New rules now implemented in Sales Board, plus a slightly different way of operating.

Fabulous, thanks!
    Ce message provient du Québec!

Fair and The Right Thing to do !!!!!!!

Excellent idea! Thank you!
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There is one other slight change to how the board works (and this is just on the sales board): Only the thread starter may reply to the post.

If you wish to contact a seller about a sale, you should do so by PM, you can no longer reply to the thread. (Sellers, please ensure you have enough room in your inbox).
    I agree with this completely!

Just wondering why this only applies to the "Items for Sale" forum and not the Splits forum. Seems like the reason(s) for doing it would be the same.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Blog Entries

Grant,
    Your wisdom is actually Salomon like
    John aka Easykiller

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I agree with this completely!

Just wondering why this only applies to the "Items for Sale" forum and not the Splits forum. Seems like the reason(s) for doing it would be the same.
    I think there need to be more dialogue in a split thread: the splitter confirming splits are full, packages are sent, participants confirming that items are received and are in good condition. And since many people forget to use the Feedback system to rate a split, the comments in the thread are valuable for the splitters to build a good reputation.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Dependent

Good idea

I think this is a great enhancement. Out of curiosity ... does it measure the seven days from the exact minute that you last bumped? Or does it just measure seven days from the last day that you bumped? Thanks, Grant!

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    I think there need to be more dialogue in a split thread: the splitter confirming splits are full, packages are sent, participants confirming that items are received and are in good condition. And since many people forget to use the Feedback system to rate a split, the comments in the thread are valuable for the splitters to build a good reputation.
    I absolutely agree with this. Transparency in these threads is very useful to all parties involved. Also, during the sign up stage, it eliminates a lot of unnecessary communication.
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

I just replied to a thread (not mine) in the Marketplace, so the new permissions system seems to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Blais View Post
    I just replied to a thread (not mine) in the Marketplace, so the new permissions system seems to be broken.
    The "no reply" restriction is only for the Sales board. It looks like you replied to a swap thread, which was not updated to the new rules.

Indeed, you're right, and it's clearly described in Grant's post, which I should have read more carefully...
    Last edited by Francois Blais; 16th May 2015 at 10:39 PM.

Sounds good to me!