Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default NEW Lalique Les Compositions Parfumees

Default Re: NEW Lalique Les Compositions Parfumees

Silver please!

That bottle looks familiar! Silver and Gold look nice; be interesting to see if the $250 price point follows the same path as their regular offerings big discounts online.

The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Thanks for the info. I will be ordering all 5 later today from the Nieman Marcus website as my local Nieman Marcus unfortunately doesn't carry them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will be ordering all 5 later today from the Nieman Marcus website as my local Nieman Marcus unfortunately doesn't carry them.
    Can't wait to hear about them!!

Since it's from Lalique of course I'll try them out 'cause it's one of my favourite houses. I'll check for them in my local higher end places! Thanks for the info!

It's just a detail but find it sad that they share the same bottle, or at least one that seems very similar, than Hommage à l'Homme! Especially that they always or almost come up with great bottles for their fragrances.
    ¤¤ Let's create another Creed thread! ¤¤
    ¤¤ Everytime you talk about batches or reformulations, "God" kills a child. Please think of the children.
    http://www.applepiebrigade.org/wp-co...09/sad-kid.jpg ¤¤

Edit: found my answer with a few brief mentions.

Has anyone tried anything out of the Noir Premier lineup? This one pictures has notes of:

Top Note : Pink Pepper, Rum, Cardamom
    Hear Note : Everlasting Flower, Myrrh, Cinnamon
    Dry Down Note : Patchouli, Tonka Bean, Lorenox

Last edited by The Bark; 25th February 2015 at 10:43 PM.

This is a house I have the utmost respect for...thus far.
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post

Has anyone tried anything out of the Noir Premier lineup? This one pictures has notes of:

I'm very interested in trying them! But based on Lalique's advertisement for them they are exclusive to London's Harrods, which pisses me off! I hate those exclusive things!

And I guess that exclusives like that won't be seen on internet sites for a fraction of the retail price!
    Last edited by Detox; 26th February 2015 at 12:25 AM.
    ¤¤ Everytime you talk about batches or reformulations, "God" kills a child. Please think of the children.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I'm very interested in trying them! But based on Lalique's advertisement for them they are exclusive to London's Harros, which pisses me off! I hate those exclusive things!

And I guess that exclusives like that won't be seen on internet sites for a fraction of the retail price!
    They're available on their US website now: http://www.lalique.com/en_US/product...-oz-en-us-5332

Yes please

very interested to hear more about Silver..

I own them all in this collection. They are all very nice and very well crafted. Quality scents.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I got samples of a few and was *very* underwhelmed. Most seem to rely heavily on woody-ambers for character and have a notable 'synthetic' aura about them. Fleur Universelle struck me as almost Christmassy in theme, a sort of rum and gingerbread concoction. If these are selling, I'd suggest the aspirational price point has a lot to do with it.

That price tag
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Received all 5 today from Nieman Marcus! Haven't opened the 9 pound box yet as I was in a bit of a rush this afternoon. Will open it later this evening, and the first one I will be exploring will be 'Silver" which will be by SOTD for tomorrow. Excited to say the least.

Nice presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    That price tag
    Yes, unfortunately they were a bit pricey.

Hednic, any reviews yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Hednic, any reviews yet?
    I gave preliminary impressions about Silver and Gold in the SOTD yesterday and the day before when I was asked. Wearing Bronze today so I'll know more about that later. Two more days and two more to wear.

First impressions on Bronze: So far the most floral of the three I've worn to date, a bit powdery and quite sweet. Prominent violet up front, and rose is but a shadow. Tuberose (not my favorite note) accentuates and later even seems to overpower it. The dry down is the best part with a warm musky vanilla, a note I enjoy. Longevity on this is very good and it did elicit a favorable comment from my wife. Tomorrow, Electrum is on the agenda, the 4th of the five to wear.

First impressions on Bronze: So far the most floral of the three I've worn to date, a bit powdery and quite sweet. Prominent violet up front, and rose is but a shadow. Tuberose (not my favorite note) accentuates and later even seems to overpower it. The dry down is the best part with a warm musky vanilla, a note I enjoy. Longevity on this is very good and it did elicit a favorable comment from my wife. Tomorrow, Electrum is on the agenda, the 4th of the five to wear.
    When the musky vanilla phase comes in does the floral first part stays easily noticeable or does it take a serious backseat?

When the musky vanilla phase comes in does the floral first part stays easily noticeable or does it take a serious backseat?
    I would say it's still apparent but toned down.

I would say it's still apparent but toned down.
    Nice! I love Lalique and can not wait to have the chance to smell the line as soon as possible. Thanks for the reply! Which one is your favourite thus far and why? (If it can be explained of course)

Nice! I love Lalique and can not wait to have the chance to smell the line as soon as possible. Thanks for the reply! Which one is your favourite thus far and why? (If it can be explained of course)
    Of the three so far - Silver - as I mentioned a few days ago, the smell pleasantly reminded me of the interior of an unoccupied wooden dry-heat sauna in the higher elevation forest just heated up - luscious cedar and other woods with subtle citrus overtones.

These fragrances look and sound wonderful...

OK, Electrum might have just moved up into my number two slot right behind Silver. It opens with a nice pear note (not a candied pear but a fresh one) and some citrus (perhaps lemon) and then becomes nice and woody with sandalwood and vetiver, distinct and yet as if taking turns with its development. It finishes by drying down to a nice warm ambery musk. Longevity and projection are very good on this one. Tomorrow will be Zamak, the fifth and the last one of the five to give a full wearing. Another positive experience.

This house just keeps impressing

The last in the five I've worn, Zamak is a very nice woody and spicy oriental. Opens with a spicy citrus kick but soon transitions to an even spicier floral heart where besides nutmeg, I detect clove and something that smells like allspice. The best part of this one however is the dry down with an interesting intermingling of cedar (strong) and leather(subtle). That concludes the impressions of this series. So, ranking them I'd give first place to Silver followed by Electrum, Zamak, Gold and Bronze. Hope others have a chance to experience them.

The last in the five I've worn, Zamak is a very nice woody and spicy oriental. Opens with a spicy citrus kick but soon transitions to an even spicier floral heart where besides nutmeg, I detect clove and something that smells like allspice. The best part of this one however is the dry down with an interesting intermingling of cedar (strong) and leather(subtle). That concludes the impressions of this series. So, ranking them I'd give first place to Silver followed by Electrum, Zamak, Gold and Bronze. Hope others have a chance to experience them.
    Thanks, hednic! I hope to try them at one point.