Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Default Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Good afternoon everyone, I'd like to know your opinions about
    Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt ; I saw a bottle of 50 ml for sale but no testers; thanks

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil
    Posts
    230,229

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    I have this and is a very nice woody and spicy scent. What price are they asking for it?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Its a pretty good scent, but not worthy of a lot of the hype it has had historically.

    The lavender / coumarin idea is handled better by Serger Luten's Fourreau Noir to my mind. But if you have a good price it is a very serviceable warm masculine fragrance.

  4. #4
    Basenotes Plus
    Scarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe C View Post
    Its a pretty good scent, but not worthy of a lot of the hype it has had historically.

    The lavender / coumarin idea is handled better by Serger Luten's Fourreau Noir to my mind. But if you have a good price it is a very serviceable warm masculine fragrance.
    Just to be clear, this isn't the iconic Yohji Homme, released in 1999 and re-released in 2013. This is Yohji Yamamoto Homme, released in 2013. They're entirely different fragrances.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    Just to be clear, this isn't the iconic Yohji Homme, released in 1999 and re-released in 2013. This is Yohji Yamamoto Homme, released in 2013. They're entirely different fragrances.
    wrong, I'm talking about Yohji Homme vintage, in a narrow and high cylindrical bottle with a black cotton bag , distributed in U.S.A. by Jean Patou.

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus
    Scarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Quote Originally Posted by ckampus View Post
    wrong, I'm talking about Yohji Homme vintage, in a narrow and high cylindrical bottle with a black cotton bag , distributed in U.S.A. by Jean Patou.

    Then you have everyone confused, as Hednic referred to a woody and spicy scent, which Yohji Homme is not. Or Joe C, and his lavender/coumarin notes.

    This is what Yohji Yamamoto Homme looks like, a rectangular little bottle.



  7. #7

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Now I am confused too, I thought we were talking about Yohji Homme. If I have the wrong end of the stick then never mind please ignore my answer.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Yohji Homme is one of my favourite fragrances of all time. Amazingly balanced fragrance that just smells great. Gourmands are often very tiring, this one never is. Gourmand notes are here are very clear and distinctive, also slightly bitter instead of sweet. Licorice and rum are here better than anywhere. What really makes this fragrance stand out is the fact that it's first and foremost immaculately crafted fougere, gourmands are on top of this structure.

    Buy it now I say.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    Then you have everyone confused, as Hednic referred to a woody and spicy scent, which Yohji Homme is not. Or Joe C, and his lavender/coumarin notes.

    This is what Yohji Yamamoto Homme looks like, a rectangular little bottle.


    Sorry guys, talking so Yohji Homme vintage, what are your thoughts about it?

  10. #10
    Basenotes Plus
    Scarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    Yohji Homme is one of my favourite fragrances of all time. Amazingly balanced fragrance that just smells great. Gourmands are often very tiring, this one never is. Gourmand notes are here are very clear and distinctive, also slightly bitter instead of sweet. Licorice and rum are here better than anywhere. What really makes this fragrance stand out is the fact that it's first and foremost immaculately crafted fougere, gourmands are on top of this structure.

    Buy it now I say.

    Agree with everything above, especially the part about it being an immaculately crafted fougere, with gourmand notes on top.

    Yohji Homme isn't really, strictly speaking a gourmand fragrance at all, though it does have some notes of Rum, Licorice, Coffee, and probably other things. It's never cloying, never sickly-sweet like most gourmand fragrances. Amazingly subtle scent, persistent though never over-powering.

  11. #11
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil
    Posts
    230,229

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    Then you have everyone confused, as Hednic referred to a woody and spicy scent, which Yohji Homme is not.
    Well actually the 1999 which I was referring to is: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Y...Homme-648.html
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Well actually the 1999 which I was referring to is: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Y...Homme-648.html
    Yes, that's the one that comes in a black cotton bag and a black rectangular box.

  13. #13
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil
    Posts
    230,229

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Quote Originally Posted by ckampus View Post
    Yes, that's the one that comes in a black cotton bag and a black rectangular box.
    And yes, that's the one I have - a very nice spicy and woody scent. I'd get it if you can especially if the price is right.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Nice scent. Lavender, leather, licorice and rum. Subtle and very well blended. Restrained yet unique. Performance is the only let down on the re-release, but should be better on the vintage bottle you found.

    You should go for it. It will be much harder to find soon.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    I certainly enjoyed it for a while but recently found that an aroma chemical in it was really bothering me, hence it made its way to my sales list !

  16. #16

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Quote Originally Posted by ION-ONE View Post
    Nice scent. Lavender, leather, licorice and rum. Subtle and very well blended. Restrained yet unique. Performance is the only let down on the re-release, but should be better on the vintage bottle you found.

    You should go for it. It will be much harder to find soon.
    Thanks for your advice, I'm going to buy it because it's not only a classic but also because I have curiosity to test a perfume that is sold by insanes prices on ebay.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Right, if you can get it at a good price you should be able to sell/swap without too much difficulty if you don't like it.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Homme edt

    Mrscologneguy bought it for me when it was first released. Didn't really care fo it, and it languished in the back of a drawer for years. Imagine my surprise when I found out years later that it's considered rare and collectible. I still wear it now and then, primarily for nostalgic effect. I'd gladly ditch it for an insanely high price, though.

Similar Threads

  1. Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Homme
    By neal in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 9th August 2010, 12:09 AM
  2. Yohji Homme by Yohji Yamamoto (1999) - BLIND BUY?
    By WindyCity1014 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 27th June 2010, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000