Code of Conduct

Default Best Eye Liner Pencil ...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has struggle to find the best eye liner pencil. Yes even cheap gel eye liner stays put quite well. but most of the time I prefer the look of pencil.
    In my experience they either don't go on smoothly, or if they do they smudge, often all of the above. I had read some reviews over time but wasn't sure they were true in view of my consistent bad experiences.

Anyway, I had nothing to lose by giving Urban Decay pencils a try before giving up on pencils entirely. Turns out they're at least as amazing as they claim. They seriously do glide on and stay put. And I'm not even using a good primer.
    After this I may well stop being cheap try out UD's own primer. But the pencils can't be overrated.

So I hope this helps if anyone else is still hunting. Or feel free to contribute other good options.

Default Re: Best Eye Liner Pencil ...

Yes, Urban Decay are brilliant!!! They have gone up in price a lot in recent years, so I wait for the 10% off offers.

Chantecaille 24 hour are really good but expensive.

Smashbox do one which you never have to sharpen(its build into the lid), and they are quite good.
    DONNA

Oh I never buy full price. It's good old ebay for me. Say what you like about them, without them I wouldn't have most of my perfumes. Though when it comes to saving me aggravation, I've come to be quite willing to pay a little more.

How good is the Smashbox equivalent, would you say, compared to UD?

I get some from ebay but the prices are too high for the colours I want. Usually bronze type shades.

Smashbox are good but not as many shades. The twist up type is the ones I buy.
    DONNA

Thank you. I still have to get my fill of black eyeliner, since I haven't had a decent one till now. Other than that I like just the darkest jewel colours or anything off-black ...

Btw, have you tried the UD primer? I read loads of reviews, ended up buying the second best (based on reviews) by Too Faced. That actually made things smudge even more. Now I use my old No 7 one with the UD pencil.

Yes I have, I got samples of all of the eye primers. Now the one I picked was the anti aging one, bought when a sale was on Black Friday got 20% off online. I liked the light texture and its very sheer. The original is like Laura Mericer which I used for years. Gives a also most concealer like coverage.
    DONNA

You mean all the UD primer colours? Also the anti-aging one? I like the sound of it doubling as a concealer. My dark circles are ridiculous, even at my most rested.

I prefer the Nars and Smashbox eyeshadow primers. Pencils I have an assortment of Lancome, Chanel, Chantecaille, UD and Guerlain.

I don't think we get Nars locally. And I'm done blind buying this stuff. But I will try the UD and Smashbox ones before parting with any cash for primers.

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    I prefer the Nars and Smashbox eyeshadow primers. Pencils I have an assortment of Lancome, Chanel, Chantecaille, UD and Guerlain.
    I tested the Smashbox primer today. It's pretty impressive! My pencil came up like liquid eye liner on top of it and didn't budge a bit. I've ordered it straight away. Finally!

lakme is best brand. you can use lakme eyeliner. The cost of this liner chip.

I've never heard of that brand. IS it available internationally?