Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default creed silver mountain water smells like millesime imperial in drydown

i have had millesime imperial for a long time and had a sample of silver mountain, i liked it and about a year after i decided to buy it. i got it today and at first it smells like its own but after about 2-3 hours i felt i could feel something in the background reminding me of aventus. not that it smelled the same but i looked it up and apparentely there's blackberrys and musk in both so that might be it. it now smells really close to imperial. has anyone noticed this?

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Default Re: creed silver mountain water smells like millesime imperial in drydown

Personally don't get that similarity in the dry down.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: creed silver mountain water smells like millesime imperial in drydown

Absolutely. I've said this a couple times on basenotes. It's not an identical similarity, however. They're like cousins.
    Last edited by Flatbush Ave; 11th March 2015 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Same. They are quite different to my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    Absolutely. I've said this a couple times on basenotes. It's not an identical similarity, however. They're like cousins.
    I get a bit of a similarity. More like 2nd cousins.

Basenotes Plus

In the late drydown(after maybe 8 hours), I agree. They both have the heavy musky/woody combo. The similarities are definitely there.
    Currently wearing: Original Santal by Creed

Well, there goes another cologne that I don't have to worry about trying.

It's the Ambergris in both that give me the similarity.
    Split Thread - 12/7/15 - N/A http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread - [SIZE=4]AVENTUS 13U01 120ML Full! (5/13/16 update) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!
    Swap Thread - Creed Royal Mayfair 50ML / Lomani AB Spirit Silver http://www.basenotes.net/threads/407...-Spirit-Silver
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

I consider it part of the "millesime" base, shared by most of the millesime line from creed.

Either love it or hate it it seems.

I love it!
    Amazing how your tastes change....

I have no more muglers in my wardrobe

and yes, I bleed creed
    Currently wearing: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    It's the Ambergris in both that give me the similarity.
    Yep. I also think GIT and Himalaya also share the dry down.

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    Some day's you're the statue and some days you're the pigeon.

Basenotes Plus

Sorry guys, but I don't think there's any ambergris in either one of these (SMW or MI). It's the musk.
    Last edited by tensor9; 11th March 2015 at 10:33 PM.
    Currently wearing: Original Santal by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Yep. I also think GIT and Himalaya also share the dry down.

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    I certainly notice the ambregris in GiT to some degree - not nearly the levels I do in SMW and MI. It blasts through in both of those scents.

I can't stand the smell of Himalaya, so I can't comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    Sorry guys, but I don't think there's any ambergris in either one of these. It's the musk.
    I definitely think it's the ambergris :P

edit: I'm thinking I didn't detect sarcasm from you Tensor, which I should have? :P
    Last edited by sdotlow; 11th March 2015 at 11:03 PM.
    Split Thread - 12/7/15 - N/A http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread - [SIZE=4]AVENTUS 13U01 120ML Full! (5/13/16 update) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!
    Swap Thread - Creed Royal Mayfair 50ML / Lomani AB Spirit Silver http://www.basenotes.net/threads/407...-Spirit-Silver

Basenotes Institution N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar

This

Personally I like Millesime Imperial but not Silver Mountain Water.
    Currently wearing: Noir de Noir by Tom Ford

I get some similarities between the two but only after many hours.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

Ambergris
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Ambergris
    Agree, Ambergris house note in Creed.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly

Neither do I.

I don't find the similar at all.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Sound Scents

I definitely notice it, and the MI is a much better implementation of it, IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

i think again with creed different batches might give a little different smell. at first it was just citrus/metallic kind of smell that most people notice. then it got musky like aventus but still smelled pretty much the same. and now maybe 7-8 hours later i am not sure i would be able to tell the difference with imperial

Quote Originally Posted by Puremugler View Post
    I consider it part of the "millesime" base, shared by most of the millesime line from creed.

I love it!
    The first time I tried MI I thought, "this smells very similar to Green Irish Tweed. Entirely different, but somehow very similar." I'm guessing it's just the Creed "DNA," as people put it, coming through.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own.”
    - Fernando Pessoa

Check out my swap thread.
    Currently wearing: Sycomore (new) by Chanel

There's definitely a common base in a lot of the millesimes. I feel there's a common thread in GIT, SMW, Himalaya, MI and Erolfa. Whether it is purely the use of ambergris or a few more common elements, I couldn't say.
    Touched by his noodly appendage 😇

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    There's definitely a common base in a lot of the millesimes. I feel there's a common thread in GIT, SMW, Himalaya, MI and Erolfa. Whether it is purely the use of ambergris or a few more common elements, I couldn't say.
    Too me, it's that same rich ambergris that shines through - far more in some than others. I notice it loud and clear with MI and SMW, but it's very muted to me in GiT. I was tempted to try and see if it existed with my Himalaya sample, but I really didn't want that crap on my arm.

Yeah, definitely ambergris.

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat
    Currently wearing: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

to me they share a slight similarities in the initial spray, but are very different scents over all

both collection worthy

Silver Mountain Water smells way better than Millesime Imperial in the top, mid and the dry down. Bam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    Silver Mountain Water smells way better than Millesime Imperial in the top, mid and the dry down. Bam!

both 9 out of 10 for me

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    In the late drydown(after maybe 8 hours), I agree. They both have the heavy musky/woody combo. The similarities are definitely there.
    this

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post

Agree completely.

While Silver Mountain Water is not my favourite from Creed, it smells very good.

Millesime Imperial is ghastly!

Quote Originally Posted by Puremugler View Post

I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    whatever it is persists through the entire line. i smelled it in the dry down of cedre blanc that im wearing today too. im not a big fan of this note.