Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

I am about to make a trip to Nordstrom to see if they have this one, and give it a try (and hopefully get a sample for further testing while I'm there as well),

Seems like most people are in agreement that the scent is terrific...but that it's performance is all over the place. Some say it lasts forever, while others say it's gone in an hour. And apparently it may be subject to the dreaded "R" word (reformulation)

Thoughts?

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

I had a bottle when it first came out. I don't recall any longevity issues. A few shots on my clothes usually works for any scents that die quickly on my skin. Where did you hear about reformulation?

Colonia Intensa is great. It's much different than the rest of the Colonia line, but in a good way. Longevity is an issue though, unless you are in very hot weather, in which case it will last a bit longer than usual.

The times I tried it, longevity was not a probably for me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I have no problems at all with longevity with this one, sprayed on clothes it lasts all day. Great scent

Beautiful, beautiful fragrance with v good longevity.

Magnificent fragrance, and no longevity issues with me.

This lasts a long time for me. It has some real Italian summer heat in there....... Excellent.

I've not had any longevity issues. It's pretty decent. A little above average maybe. I wouldn't go all the way to Nordstrom to sample just one, though. Make a list and hit a handful at once.

Also, if you really like oud, you're going to find this one strange. That classic AdP citrus accord doesn't seem like it would go with "oud" (whatever they've synthesized to smell like it), and at first I was "confused"... but then I grew to like it. From what I've read most people don't "get it" right away. I strongly recommend getting a sample that you can try over time. Let it work on you. You might find you never warm up, or you could really like it.
    Some favorites: Pasha Incense Royale, Chopard (Oud Malaki, Noble Vetiver), Amouage (Epic Man, Tribute), Versace L'Homme (vintage), YSL (M7, Kouros (1st)), Gucci Envy, Gucci Nobile, Hermes (vintage: Bel Ami, Equipage), Chanel (vintage: Antaeus, Pour Monsieur (+CC), Egoiste (+CC)), Tiffany For Men, Estee Lauder Metropolis, Jean-Marc Sinan VO, Guerlain (Heritage, L'Homme Intense, LIDGE), Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, Etro (Palais Jamais, Gomma, Vetiver, Shaal Nur), Davidoff Zino (1st), Acqua di Parma (Assoluta 2011, Essenza, Intensa Oud), Gianfranco Ferre For Man (1st), Elsha 1776, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Calvin Klein Obsession (vintage), Jovoy Private Label, Monsieur Carven, Diptyque (Hesperides, Tam Dao EDP), Byredo (Accord Oud, Baudelaire)
    Currently wearing: By Man by Dolce & Gabbana

I believe the OP was talking about Colonia Intensa, and not of Colonia Intensa Oud.

For someone who adores and already have Colonia Intensa Oud and Colonia Leather, does it make sense to also get hold of Colonia Intensa?
    I have tried Colonia Intensa many times and do like it - it's has more woody interesting nuances ( cause of the Benzoin, leather and musk) as compared to original Colonia, but not as interesting as the 2 others mentioned earlier. So I have been debating for some time whether it's FBW?

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    I've not had any longevity issues. It's pretty decent. A little above average maybe. I wouldn't go all the way to Nordstrom to sample just one, though. Make a list and hit a handful at once.

Also, if you really like oud, you're going to find this one strange. That classic AdP citrus accord doesn't seem like it would go with "oud" (whatever they've synthesized to smell like it), and at first I was "confused"... but then I grew to like it. From what I've read most people don't "get it" right away. I strongly recommend getting a sample that you can try over time. Let it work on you. You might find you never warm up, or you could really like it.

^ You're right, my mistake.

I sampled Colonia Intensa at Nordstrom recently. I was NOT impressed. I have Assoluta and Essenza, as well as Intensa Oud. I just didn't see this fragrance "making sense" in the Colonia line-up. I definitely recommend sampling before buying because from what I've seen in reviews there's quite a polarity on perceptions for this one.

If you've already sampled it and just like it, then I'd say it's not worth bothering about. If all you did was a few sprays at stores and don't have a sample, I'd get one and live with it for a while.
    Some favorites: Pasha Incense Royale, Chopard (Oud Malaki, Noble Vetiver), Amouage (Epic Man, Tribute), Versace L'Homme (vintage), YSL (M7, Kouros (1st)), Gucci Envy, Gucci Nobile, Hermes (vintage: Bel Ami, Equipage), Chanel (vintage: Antaeus, Pour Monsieur (+CC), Egoiste (+CC)), Tiffany For Men, Estee Lauder Metropolis, Jean-Marc Sinan VO, Guerlain (Heritage, L'Homme Intense, LIDGE), Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, Etro (Palais Jamais, Gomma, Vetiver, Shaal Nur), Davidoff Zino (1st), Acqua di Parma (Assoluta 2011, Essenza, Intensa Oud), Gianfranco Ferre For Man (1st), Elsha 1776, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Calvin Klein Obsession (vintage), Jovoy Private Label, Monsieur Carven, Diptyque (Hesperides, Tam Dao EDP), Byredo (Accord Oud, Baudelaire)
    Currently wearing: By Man by Dolce & Gabbana