Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Default Perfumes (Euro & Arab) with Oud Notes - Attars - Essential Oils - Layering -Creating Mullukats

Here's a place where we can discuss the other things such as Montale, Amouage and other niche perfume houses perfumes/attars featuring oud notes as well anything from the big houses.

Hawk I ordered Al Mas from Zarhas. I traded for Tribute. I received samples of Al Shomoukh and Molook I do not own full bottles of those.

I'll have to contact Zahra then and see which ones I Can get. Thanks for replying ;)

Welcome!

So as I said I needed to do, I'm looking over my non-pure oud collection and wondering which one I should give a go of today for outside wear and which one I should put on at night go to sleep and see how it evolves in the morning.

I really want to reapply some more PD but I opted for a spritz of Montale Red Aoud. It smells quite cough syrupy in the bottle, hope its not the case on my skin. Not sure if it is the EC, I doubt it somehow which is just fine with me!

I wish I had a sample of molook...I ordered it blind lol...hope its good it should be here tomorrow....not sure how amouage does oud...its supposed to be taifi rose cambodhi and indian oud....and ambergris....sounds awesome!

I heard al shomoukh is really good too....that has oud in it too i think.

you get the messege about the al mas? we have to wait another week.....I also have another homage coming..

I think amouage attars are the best perfumes that are not ouds out there......real oud #1 ...amoauge attars #2......

Yes I did get the message! I was so bummed b/c that is why I was paying for expedited shipping. But she told me that the release is being delayed worldwide so those of us who did order will still have it in advance of the release I hope...thats what she basically implied :)

I think aside from Tribute they almost all have oud in them? I think you'll be greatful you ordered Molook now as I heard a rumour that prices on all Amouage is going up worldwide!

I for one cannot wait to add to my collection without having to pay the crazy etailer prices.

so which ones are more masculine than others ?

I've heard shomoukh and tribute whereas molook and homage are much more popular with both sexes.

My Montale Red Aoud has worn off, wth? I thought this was supposed to have great lasting power. What should I try next, black oud, oud lime or I think I have a Tom Ford pure oud (no laughing allowed!) but I've been told that I might find these all seem a bit masculine.

Or should I just douse myself in King Fahed this time?

all montales wear off after an hour or 2.

Montale black oud is great on women... while the lime can be very sharp.

Good to know its not just me.

I have to go to a (crowded) class tonight...which of these should I try? I want to wear something someone might ask me about (in a good way of course not because I smell like a barnyard).

Definately your Arabian Oud, Hindi Moattaq.

Very funny.

Well I opted to put on some more Prince Diamini. Few hours before my class so enough time see how it evolves. I can smell it without having to hold up my wrist or anything so hopefully I applied enough.

I can smell some montales 12 hours after application... Even if it's dabbed and not sprayed!

which ones do you own hawk? did you ever find out about the amouage availability?

so i think my skin just eats up perfume or something because i can hardly smell my pd anymore! however i am shocked at how delicate a natural blend can be...if that makes sense...i thought blending naturally required some kind of artificial stuff. its like these ingredietns were made for each other!

Well maybe if you stoppped being so stingy with your perfumes and actually used a decent amount as advised, you would notice the scent to last a lot longer and be a more pleasurable experience to the senses!

if i was stingy i would just let my stuff sit in their vials but i don't i use PD when i'm running errands lol!

i do have to force myself to use things sometimes though, its just some things once they're gone they're gone. do you have any idea how much PD even costs?

Yeah I do actually ... regardless, I'm never stingy with my oils ... as such, I get its full benefit.

By the way, how many ml's of each oil did you get?

Their pretty awesome oils huh?

They were samples, random acts of kindness by basenoters. You know that samples are around .1-.2 ml. as quarter tollahs are 3 ml...regardless I didn't measure.

Wow cool, I actually wouldn't mind getting samples of them as well! How much did it cost you?

me too...i been dying to try king whatever his name was....not as much the prince one.....i was going to just order it blind next time i bought something...kinda an expensive blind buy!

there are some very nice basenoters here and a few have been extraordinarily generous to a newbie to ouds and this group. it was free, at least considering what I sent them!

I would love to find someone to sell me a sample of king fahad and prince what's his name.

you can only get pd from london i think.

What if I start posting in Arabic? ;)