Code of Conduct
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64
Results 1,891 to 1,917 of 1917

Default Re: What are you wearing today?

Today, Sultan Pasha's Ame Sombre, homage to Amouage's Tribute. Very smokey on me, wonderful thing

I will now take a swipe of oud, but which? I think both Ensar's People's Ceylon & Czar Sultan (aka People's Sultan v2)
    Currently wearing: Opus 1144 by Unum

Dependent

Today, I have opted for Roja Aoud. Not particularly oudy but the rose in it is sublime.

Basenotes Member

Sulawesi by IO: Elegantly smooth! Various nuances of the same note has turned it to a perfect Solo performance.
    Sultan Leather by EO: All times favourite of mine!

Side by side swipes, and now it is all incense: Oud &Rose Rock!

Feel Oud - Tawau Al Awwal. Perfect for an early Spring day.
    Currently wearing: Genre by Edward Bess

Freed from BN Institution

I sampled Amouage Epic Man for the first time. A nice spicy leathery oud scent.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

SOTM Agar Aura- Ayu. Inherent Malaysian cola and tamarinds with oudy backbone.
    SOTE Agar Aura-Plai Cheu. Cambodian oud oil with lots of natural fruits and oudiness.

Basenotes Member

Oud Hindi. Ward Taifi & Tibetan and Kashmiri Musk Maceration Oil: The fragrance is like three monarchs having a stroll together. What else can be more beautiful than Hindi Oud, Ward Taif, and Kashmiri Musk? Nothing!

- - - Updated - - -

Kalanam Islay from RPP: An excellent Oud so far as smooth and clean scent goes. The first puff is enough for a veteran to recognize the Bangladeshi Oud nuance. Being an organic Oud oil, the depth and darkness, which cause mystery in Oud, is low.

Sampling Amouage Homage for the first time.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Dependent

BN9 -Amouage Ref Man -PDM Layton -Kristiansand NY -YSL L'Homme -Dior Fahrenheit -HDP 1725 -TF Ombre Leather -Mancera CB-RT -Creed V
    Currently wearing: Charismatic by Pecksniff's

Bleu de Chanel Parfum
    Currently wearing: Tobacco by Franck Boclet

Sampling Amoauge Tribute Attar Red Box for the first time.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    SOTM Agar Aura- Ayu. Inherent Malaysian cola and tamarinds with oudy backbone.
    SOTE Agar Aura-Plai Cheu. Cambodian oud oil with lots of natural fruits and oudiness.
    These both sound great!

Basenotes Member

Yunan by IO: Quite delicately spicy and warm. First time I loved wearing some Chinese Oud.

Sampling for the first time Amouage Tribute Black Box

KZ Ghaliyah 2018. Rich and sweet with a wonderous musk base.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Wore Thebes1 from Sultan Pasha.

Areej Le Dore Walimah attar and extrait.

Basenotes Member

Kashmiri Musk & Mysore Santal Maceration: Time has no alternative so far as Musk maceration goes. This is an aged one. Thus Musk divine aura is inescapable. What a fragrant mystery the Musk is blessed with!

- - - Updated - - -

Mongolian Musk Maceration & Ceylon Oud: Juxtaposition brought novelty in olfactory experiences. Mongolian Musk's subtle sweetness (that cannot be equated with the sweetness of flowers or anything else generally tagged sweet), and mysterious pungency of Ceylon Oud have created quite different 'frag-netic field'.

In this picture, the sturdy glass bottle is Mongolian Musk Mysore Santal maceration, and the other jar is having Kashmiri Musk Mysore Santal maceration.
    Mongolian & Kashmiri Musk.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rai Munir View Post
    Kashmiri Musk & Mysore Santal Maceration: Time has no alternative so far as Musk maceration goes. This is an aged one. Thus Musk divine aura is inescapable. What a fragrant mystery the Musk is blessed with!

- - - Updated - - -

Mongolian Musk Maceration & Ceylon Oud: Juxtaposition brought novelty in olfactory experiences. Mongolian Musk's subtle sweetness (that cannot be equated with the sweetness of flowers or anything else generally tagged sweet), and mysterious pungency of Ceylon Oud have created quite different 'frag-netic field'.

In this picture, the sturdy glass bottle is Mongolian Musk Mysore Santal maceration, and the other jar is having Kashmiri Musk Mysore Santal maceration.
    Mongolian & Kashmiri Musk.jpg
    looking lovely.
    I have a question about my siberian musk macerations.
    The darker one is siberian musk 12% in sandalwood from russian adam, the second is 10% in moringa oil, both have been filtered after 6 months maceration.
    i am wondering why they are a green colour?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by joe king View Post
    looking lovely.
    I have a question about my siberian musk macerations.
    The darker one is siberian musk 12% in sandalwood from russian adam, the second is 10% in moringa oil, both have been filtered after 6 months maceration.
    i am wondering why they are a green colour?
    Putting aside everything, the colour is lush!

The moment I looked at the picture, before reading the post, I was amazed, in a positive sense, to see the colour. The darker one reflects green, and moringa oil reflects the same. Second, to far as my extremely limited experience goes, if the maceration is not shaken well, the Musk Santal oil doesn't get that much dark. If black Ambergris or some dark Oud is there, of course, the colour would be dark indeed. So, the one (the dark one) if not shaken, it is quite perplexing for me. Siberian/ Mongolian/ Tibetan Musk turns oil orange-y. Now there is possibility that some new technique might be used to macerate Musk in Santal oil. Suppose there was Indonesian Santal, which respected Adam offered through out 2017 and early 2018, I remember the oil was clean and transparent. If Santal de Parfum, which was Bangladeshi, that was already orange-y. If Mysore Santal, it is new for me then.

Moringa oil is somewhat greenish. Or the one I had had was greenish. After your post, I am going to order Moringa oil, and first time ever going to macerate Musk in it.

To sum up, I have not seen this sort of Musk maceration till today. Here below, I am going to post a picture of some maceration oils that I have. All are more than two years old, and are in Mysore Santal, Indonesian Santal and Ceylon Santal. While Musk grains are Kashmiri, Mongolian, Tibetan, and Siberian. You can see the colours. The two dark coloured bottles are there. One is having Musk Mysore Santal and Tigerwood and Green Papua Oud, and the second one is having Musk Mysore Santal and black Ambergris. The rest are just Musk Mysore Santal maceration oils. None is green or greenish.
    Maceration.jpg

Thank you dear Rai, what a wonderful sight.
    To be clear I used santal 100k which was clear and just left to macerate without any heat or other interference other than occasional shaking of the bottle.
    After I filtered out the musk grains I re used them in some mysore which has been now macerating for about 3 months and it has the same green colour.
    The musk is legitimate and smells great, I have attached a picture of the second maceration (you can see the grains) and another with Kashmir musk which has the colour like your macerations. I wonder if there was some slight contamination of the Siberian grains.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Basenotes Member

I am really attracted towards that green colour.

100 K! Well, I myself have used 100 K Aira. And the colour that appeared in Kashmiri Musk maceration was less orange-y while in Siberian the colour was sharp enough. But this green is a mystery.

You have said the scent is perfect. Of course, it is all prepared by you. No contamination with any other party by the way. But the thing that has made me almost speechless is Siberian Musk did all that, I mean green colour.

What about the colour/ shade of the oil on skin after wearing? Were those grains dry or wet? Grains get fungal, but in water. If you have another empty bottle of this kind, please check that as well. I mean decant some oil and some shade will be there.

- - - Updated - - -

If possible, have one or two drops in a sample vial to examine it. I contacted one of my friends and asked him to check the colour of maceration oils he has. None is greenish.

Now the question is why it is green. Of course, its purity is above doubt.

Thank you dear Rai, what a wonderful sight.
    To be clear I used santal 100k which was clear and just left to macerate without any heat or other interference other than occasional shaking of the bottle.
    After I filtered out the musk grains I re used them in some mysore which has been now macerating for about 3 months and it has the same green colour.
    The musk is legitimate and smells great, I have attached a picture of the second maceration (you can see the grains) and another with Kashmir musk which has the colour like your macerations. I wonder if there was some slight contamination of the Siberian grains.
    Did copper/brass have contact with the oil at any point in time? There is a granular green residue that builds when oudh or sandalwood have contact with brass or copper as storage containers and a small amount of that can make the oil green in the same tone as your pics.

most commonly musk grains are adulterated with other animal products, usually rooster blood, which is red and behaves similarly with the deer blood. Green colouring would be an unusual adulterant. There could also be another explanation, chance that the deer was feeding on plants high in metallic content specifically copper content.

Ben oil can be green/yellowish, it just depends on its age and how it was pressed.

Fresh musk pods change the colour of the oil the most.
    Al Shareef Oudh the name associated with artisan perfumery and quality Oudh Oils, Woods and Incenses.

thank you Al Shareef and Rai for your responses, the musk grains were sieved with a stainless steel sieve and put into study glass bottles using clean white paper as a funnel and with care taken to avoid contamination, one lot in moringa oil the other in santal 100k, to my knowledge they have not come into contact with any brass, copper etc . The grains were semi dried and sourced from well know trusted supplier. Interesting theory on the deer's diet. I wonder also if some other contaminant may have gotten into the grains at the source and maybe caused a spoiling.

Basenotes Member

thank you Al Shareef and Rai for your responses, the musk grains were sieved with a stainless steel sieve and put into study glass bottles using clean white paper as a funnel and with care taken to avoid contamination, one lot in moringa oil the other in santal 100k, to my knowledge they have not come into contact with any brass, copper etc . The grains were semi dried and sourced from well know trusted supplier. Interesting theory on the deer's diet. I wonder also if some other contaminant may have gotten into the grains at the source and maybe caused a spoiling.
    You mean all's clear. And the fragrance is fresh and superb. Then let the colour go. It is unique.

By the way what about the colour of oil on skin?

Hello, newbie here, just got insurrection II pure cause cant afford yet to get aventus ��. So far compare to aventus vial i have the smell pretty similar, not bad, only longevity problem.but for the price i'm loving it

Basenotes Member

Default Re: What Oud/Mukhallat are you wearing today?

Assam Organic by EO: A perfectly clean oil where there are no scattered notes. A kind of solo performance by a maestro. Every inch a Hindi.