Code of Conduct
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1381
    People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Default Re: What are you wearing today?

From a sample:

Xiang Liao Ling - Ensar Oud

I really like it. Earthy, incensey, touch of florals in the background. Very much full-bodied and fun to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Yes, definitely. One thing I found surprising: The Green Velvet viscosity is sort of liquid...not really a thick oil. It went on like an alcohol based fragrance. I'm not complaining - the smell is fantastic. I just expected it to have a thicker, oil-like consistency.
    Thanks, Mike! I'll have to check it out. Been meaning to put in a sample haul there, had my one on some of his santal.

Basenotes Plus

Friday's fragrance:

Borneo 5000 oud oil
    by Ensar Oud
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.
    ( I came, I saw, I purchased. )

Maroke Noir - Feel Oud

Old School Kinam by Feel Oud. Russian Adam did a fantastic job with this. A rich piercing woodsy scent very close to the uplifting smell of Kinam/Kyara. Of course with the additional Oud resin note which does not interfere. A fraction of Kyara smell in an Oud oil blend is nonetheless a phenomenal achievement. It's available offline for 500 USD.
    Currently wearing: Musk Aoud by Roja Dove

Tigerwood Royale from Ensar oud. Deep woody base opening becoming a baby musk/medicinal mace hit 3 mins on skin with some faint floral note I cant distinguish. Took a shower which cut out the evolution from there

Last edited by RedRaider430; 1st January 2018 at 03:10 AM.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, St James of London, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Blend 30 by Dunhill

EO XLL. Dusty, medicinal, balsamic, sweet something. I don't think Merokes aim at the Oud experience rather than Oud fragrance. It has an uplifting, meditative effect. Enjoyable in cold, crisp Weather. Meroke is an acquired taste. It doesn't have shifts or dynamism or the classical Oud woodsiness or even incense. I find intense Burmese Ouds much better. I don't regret it nor do I question anyone who loves a Marine oil. At 250, I find Maroke Noir by Feel Oud to have more thickness and character. It's more enjoyable because of the additional coffee notes and clear transitions. At times, it's better to not get carried away by an artist's description. Some say it will get even better after a few years. I don't see that. Some old timers however respect this one. That's the beauty of personal tastes.

Giving Suriranka Senkoh a full (more or less still going) wearing today. Full marks!

EO Tigerwood 95. A dark earthy scent with Intense Woodsiness. One of Ensar's best. Its got the perfect balance between abstract Merokes and Oomphy Chinese.

Ensar Oud -Assam Organic-Meghalaya 2010

Kind of reminds me of Ensar's Black Assam from years back.

Ensar Oud China Sayang. Now, this oil has aged. Aged into perfection. This Oil is the epitome of Chinese for me. The temperature has dropped to unbearable levels but this Oud has outdone itself. Complex, intense woodsiness, powerful incense tones. Opening of the finest Indo-Burmese, drydown of Wallapatta and Vietnam. In between you get classic Sinensis florals. What a stunner! Now this is something worth the salt. Don't smudge it. Just touch Oud wet fingertips to underchin. Phenomenal. The colder it gets outside, the more magical thiselixir becomes.

Imperial Oud Wilpatu Raja

A terrific reminder of Summer on a 0-F degree morning. 1/3/18
    Last edited by evogel; 4th January 2018 at 04:05 PM.

Basenotes Member

last night oud for yoga practice was suriranka senkoh:
    invigorating. gives wearer ample endless energy. very powerful top notes so much so that makes one think there is not wood deep base ouddiness to be found in drydown. except there it. tons of it too, but in a very elegant perfectly extracted manner. what was once bothersome to back of my nostrils and sinuses is no longer an issue. very unique tactile sensation. is still felt that is classic of gyrinops.

oud of this morning: AA kanzen
    very complex oil, very finessed and beautiful. with all its fruity, floral notes lurks some deep subtle bitter, green, medicinal, light fermented oolong notes. tons going on here. i love wearing this oil cause like a well put together cologne its many layers get unfolded upon each sniff.

Laos 99 by Agarwood Assam. Laos 99 is a class in it's own. The only Oud gathered from an Indian vendor which can look eye to eye with China Sayang and sing.... "Hello, I love you, Won't you tell your name ?"....Lol. Similar texture and pattern. Sinensis florals and Intense Vietnamese/Burmese Incense. Like burning homemade Bhutanese spicy Incense sticks. Subtle and Unique. Are these similar ? I don't even want to know. I was told this is unlike any other Laosi distillations that I have put my nose upon. Freaking legend.

Basenotes Member

Scent of the night
    After a few days of hardcore work out yoga and spinning I am laying low and gonna exercise the mind. ensar oud, Oud Ahmad comes out to play.

Generous swipe goes on. Sooooo goood. Polite gentle in its gargantuan weight. An oud with presence. Mature and lost all its terpenic and camphoric youthful notes. It carries itself with a sense of calm maturity and confidence.
    A personal oil. As in projection is low and sits quiet to the skin. I love oils like this.
    Of course as always it is very very musky scent. Real deal musk. Hints of undergrowth and fennel tops. Super old vintage cigar box. A little more than small similarity to tigerwood royale (Also but slightly lesser similarity to Khmer special k by taha of agar aura) but less antique notes and more animalic in a leathery kind of way. I also pick up some Frangipani wax/paste.

This is an oud for advanced users. It is gonna be lost on newbies. I am sure I also don’t fully appreciate this oil but feel I am just worthy enough to be in its presence every now and then. I still don’t get the tingle and the piercing top notes that ensar alluded to. I get the heart. The red musky vintage heart in abundance and is beautiful.

- - - Updated - - -

Scent of afternoon paired with ikea assembly and scent of night paired with yoga practice

Rising Phoenix sandali sultani
    Ok every time I approach this oil I am left thinking a very very very subtle floral attar or a sandalwood bottled that previously housed some floral esp rose oil. So bizarre. Getting this floral note red in colour in sandal. Minus that the oil has really high santalum content. Buttery and lactic and diacytil for days.

AA kanzen
    God damn. What an oil. It gets me every time too. I know the opening is not the oudiest or most profound. I mean each time I wear it I am happy I didn’t buy two bottles but like it enough that I bought 1. Now fast forward an hour and holly Molly. The loud-ish opening that was mostly fruity spicy bitter and terpenic has given way to Vietnamese bitter medicine kinam like note but in a subtle close to skin fashion. Green oolong notes emerge. Prettiest and softest mint. Even after eight choc. Then a while after I am left with the very heart of this oud, that red/green kinam with its sweet condensed milk vannilic note plus some cooling notes behind it as 90% of the scent plus a dprinkling of other fleeting notes. I am then reminded this oil has been doing this since day one. Why do I then keep looking somewhat down on it upon opening but then fall for it head over heals and kick myself for not buying more. As if after each wear I get amnesia and forget the shape shift.

Friends this is a stupid performance of an oil in its price point. One doesn’t see this level of complexity both vertical and horizontal. Kanzen is AMAZING.

In conclusion to my nose is more Vietnam than Cambodia but it does have traces of the latter. Two countries are sharing huge borders and iirc this wood is sourced from closer to Vietnam than let’s say Thailand or west side. Taha can share more on this or correct me if my memory is failing.

Basenotes Institution

I'm wearing an oil that was gifted to me by JK from Rising Phoenix, from a sample. The label reads "Sheikh al Fume" - that's it. I already own his oil, Sheikh Khalifa Attar (Taif rose, Kashmiri saffron, Mysore sandalwood, aged Hindi oud) so this is most likely a riff off of that one. I haven't yet smelled it side by side - to see how it differs. I need to give this tiny sample more skin time. This is definitely NOT an oil I'd wear anywhere near my face or beard - it is best enjoyed swiped on my hand, far away whiffs are fantastic. The taif rose is exquisite.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

Grandawood Kalimantan

I'm a little perplexed with this one. One guess would be a very young oil and maybe some ageing would help.

Agar Aura Kalyani

Beautiful Indian oud. No barnyard.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I'm wearing an oil that was gifted to me by JK from Rising Phoenix, from a sample. The label reads "Sheikh al Fume" - that's it. I already own his oil, Sheikh Khalifa Attar (Taif rose, Kashmiri saffron, Mysore sandalwood, aged Hindi oud) so this is most likely a riff off of that one. I haven't yet smelled it side by side - to see how it differs. I need to give this tiny sample more skin time. This is definitely NOT an oil I'd wear anywhere near my face or beard - it is best enjoyed swiped on my hand, far away whiffs are fantastic. The taif rose is exquisite.
    That Sheikh Khalifa Attar sounds freaking amazing.

Agar Aura Al-Jazzab. A favorite.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RC. View Post
    That Sheikh Khalifa Attar sounds freaking amazing.
    It is!
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Thai Hojary Attar - Feel Oud

From a sample.

CURRENT WINTER ROTATION
    Sicilian Vanilla Attar by Rising Phoenix Perfumery
    Musk Rose by Rising Phoenix Perfumery
    Under My Skin by Francesca Bianchi
    Ummagumma by Bruno Fazzorlari
    Siberian Musk by Areej le Doré
    Ottoman Empire by Areej le Doré
    Homage by Amouage
    Nankun Kodo by Sultan Pasha
    Currently wearing: Blood & Honey by Sixteen92

Viet Zephyr - Imperial Oud (sample)

Red berries, mild citrus, soft brown leather, dusty spices. Very approachable and easy to wear. I like it.

Aroha Kyaku - Ensar Oud
    Felt like some smoke and incense

Hey AZ! Great to see, (smell) you!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    Agar Aura Kalyani

Beautiful Indian oud. No barnyard.
    I have Ensar Oud's XLL on today, which seems popular here of late.

Agar Aromas "Mekong Mist"

Unfortunately, all I smell is sawdust from start to finish.

Wilpatu Raja - Imperial Oud (sample)

I'm a fan of Sri Lankan oils and this doesn't disappoint. A different direction than all others I've tried, focusing more on spices (cinnamon & nutmeg) and coniferous woods than the green oceanic/jungley walla patta note, although it is in there. Subdued in a good way, classy almost. Very nice.

I absolutely love this one and it's got decent body below the sparkle at the top.

Try Ceylon Royale if you get the chance. It's the same pitch but more crystal clear and i too has some depth.

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Wilpatu Raja - Imperial Oud (sample)

I'm a fan of Sri Lankan oils and this doesn't disappoint. A different direction than all others I've tried, focusing more on spices (cinnamon & nutmeg) and coniferous woods than the green oceanic/jungley walla patta note, although it is in there. Subdued in a good way, classy almost. Very nice.
    Today's oud for me is a Grandawood Hindi.

- - - Updated - - -

Ensar Oud Tigerwood 1995.

A co-worker asked me what I was wearing and I told her. She responded by saying that she didn't know that Tiger Woods had a new scent out.

Uh.....OK. :-)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    Ensar Oud Tigerwood 1995. A co-worker asked me what I was wearing and I told her. She responded by saying that she didn't know that Tiger Woods had a new scent out. Uh.....OK. :-)
    LMAO

Yesterday, just a tiny 2 swipes on the beard of this one (which is fast becoming addictive):

Maroke Noir by Feel Oud

I wish the shipping fees weren't so pricey from Feel Oud, I think I'd own some of this otherwise. I just need to suck it up and get some...I can see I have a *thing* for it.

-- Eckhart Tolle