Code of Conduct
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 1859

Default Re: What are you wearing today?

Hello and good evening respected members,

It’s been a long time since I posted anything on here and wanted to start up slowly again. Today I wore one of AA’s newest oils called Mardelong. It’s a wild Thai oil which is completely different from your regular tutti fruity oils. Although this oil is probably at 75% ready, it has very close similarities to one of AA’s most unique Thai oils, the Tokasan Tai. I truly cannot wait to see what kind of beauty this oil has stored in the future.

what do you mean by 75% ready?

Quote Originally Posted by abu abdullaah View Post
    what do you mean by 75% ready?
    When a oil is freshly distilled, sometimes it has to settle and tighten. The initial notes are not going to be the same later down the road because of the oil not being 100% ready. Generally, what I love to do know is watch the oil evolve, I.E watching the whole change happen and getting to experience the different beautiful aromas in the process. Letting the strength increase.

thanks for the explanation

Basenotes Junkie

Ensar Oud No.1 EdP - I've a 15mL decant of this mighty beast which should last me forever and a day. It's bizarre how much this has developed over the few months I've owned it. Started off purely leather, soft and close to the skin. It became inherently more 'oudy', but still soft and close. Today; raw, raucous and exuding. Oud, spice and leather-facets with no hint of settling down in the 2 hours after application. 5x sprays, should last all day and fill my office. What will my colleagues think?!

Basenotes Plus

Bortnikoff Vetiver Nocturne

very interesting how this develops...

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    Bortnikoff Vetiver Nocturne

very interesting how this develops...
    Probably my vote for best perfume of 2018. Really look forward to 2019 releases from Bortnikoff.

AgarAura's Hindustan 1 this morning and AA's Syed Succor this evening. Day complete!

Yunnan Exclusive by Ensar Oud

Basenotes Member

What a day, two of my favorites oud oil and scents overall!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kooolaid View Post
    AgarAura's Hindustan 1 this morning and AA's Syed Succor this evening. Day complete!
    A little swipe of Hindustan no.1 is on my arm at the moment!

My girlfriend asked to me what smell pepper on me, she thinked that was a rest of our spicy food on my beard or something else. No it's my oud . It's true that it can smell a diluated pepper. But the description of Taha is really good «The top notes are chords of blue lotus and wildflower, that give way to a massively fat round heart of creamy wood (similar to old Mysore sandalwood), while the drydown boasts the classic Indian notes of berries, dry hay, moist tobacco, sweet wood, and spices warmed under a summer sun.»

A true perfume!

So light and etheral for a oud oil!

Had the pleasure of wearing AA's Au Luong today. Truly a masterpiece oil! Not your average Cambodian oil. The beautiful pine notes, the beautiful tea aroma, and the beautiful Oudy dry down is truly worth experiencing!

Basenotes Member

AA - Royal Lao!

This one is still strong on my arm after more than 12 hours.

I got a rich and textured note of what I call an oudy note.
    This oil is dark and lively at the same time.

That's a top quality oil!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Kencana v3 from Agar Aura
    What you got from this one?
    Last edited by Hainss; 10th January 2019 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hainss View Post
    AA - Royal Loa!

- - - Updated - - -

Good to hear you’re enjoying Royal Lao too. It was a winner of a blind buy for me. Three other oud friends also have Royal Lao and all three say it’s one of their best recent buys. Quite honestly, I’m loving the oils I’ve received from Agar Aura.

I’ll have to look at home at my note about Kencana V3 impressions.

- - - Updated - - -

Harba Koh Kong, Habzouds.

- - - Updated - - -

Today its Zamarad, a really nice bargain priced Malaysian oil from Habzouds.

Scent of the Morning: Ensar Oud EO.1 Parfum

So for the past week or so i've been revisiting my feel oud and ensar oud samples. Really fell in love with Tigerwood 1995. It's everything I like about oud with little to nothing of what i hate. No rubber/fishy band-aid smell, no noticeable barnyard, just a beautiful dark woody oil annnnnnnnnnd it's no longer available. of course. I THOUGHT i was going to do my morning starbucks run with feel-oud's 777 on my wrist just to test it out to see how it developed but i immediately scrubbed it off.

swiped on the wrist, put my coat on then i was like *sniff sniff* what the? put my wrist under my nose and there's no other way to describe it. it was as if i dipped my wrist in dog crap. now i truly understand the definition of what "fecal" in oud truly smells. I'm a western nose and like to experiment with oud oils but that is just too far over the fence for my liking. I don't want to put my nose through that, let alone other people in public.

ANYways, as for EO No.1 Parfum. This might be my most favorite release of 2018. I like NO.1 EdP but the Parfum smells nothing like it. It starts off with a blast of really bright really fresh TEA. in all my niche fragrance exploration, i've never come across any note that is similar to this. I'm on the record for bashing EO.2 because i perceived it to be underwhelming (albeit high quality), but that is not the case here. The tea smell stands strong and proud for 15 minutes before slowly allowing the oud to make an appearance without any rubber, barn, or fecal offenses. Just a rich, resinous, tea blended masterpiece. This is refreshing because in a world where there are near infinite options of oud-rose, or oud-fruit blends, this oud-tealeaf mixtrue is not only original but very enjoyable. It even has a nice bit of projection to it. Inifinitely greatful to Ensar for offering this frag up in the 9ml travel atomizer size because i certainly never could have allowed myself to pull the trigger on the 50ml price point (though i'd love to eventually acquire a bottle and enjoy for the next decade)
    Don't stank.

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post

So for the past week or so i've been revisiting my feel oud and ensar oud samples. Really fell in love with Tigerwood 1995. It's everything I like about oud with little to nothing of what i hate. No rubber/fishy band-aid smell, no noticeable barnyard, just a beautiful dark woody oil annnnnnnnnnd it's no longer available. of course. I THOUGHT i was going to do my morning starbucks run with feel-oud's 777 on my wrist just to test it out to see how it developed but i immediately scrubbed it off.

swiped on the wrist, put my coat on then i was like *sniff sniff* what the? put my wrist under my nose and there's no other way to describe it. it was as if i dipped my wrist in dog crap. now i truly understand the definition of what "fecal" in oud truly smells. I'm a western nose and like to experiment with oud oils but that is just too far over the fence for my liking. I don't want to put my nose through that, let alone other people in public.

ANYways, as for EO No.1 Parfum. This might be my most favorite release of 2018. I like NO.1 EdP but the Parfum smells nothing like it. It starts off with a blast of really bright really fresh TEA. in all my niche fragrance exploration, i've never come across any note that is similar to this. I'm on the record for bashing EO.2 because i perceived it to be underwhelming (albeit high quality), but that is not the case here. The tea smell stands strong and proud for 15 minutes before slowly allowing the oud to make an appearance without any rubber, barn, or fecal offenses. Just a rich, resinous, tea blended masterpiece. This is refreshing because in a world where there are near infinite options of oud-rose, or oud-fruit blends, this oud-tealeaf mixtrue is not only original but very enjoyable. It even has a nice bit of projection to it. Inifinitely greatful to Ensar for offering this frag up in the 9ml travel atomizer size because i certainly never could have allowed myself to pull the trigger on the 50ml price point (though i'd love to eventually acquire a bottle and enjoy for the next decade)
    Lol. I received 777 from Feel Oud this week. I included it on a whim when Russian Adam suggested it. I had purchased what was left of Nayouff and 2 FO sandalwoods, all excellent. I had the same experience as you. I could not get the swipe off my wrist fast enough. That level of barn is most likely the result of bacteria which grows under unsanitary pre-soaking of the agarwood prior to distillation. I put my bottle up for sale at a loss here at BN. The ONLY barn notes I would be interested in are those that might occur faintly in the natural aroma of some Indian/ Burmese agarwoods. Otherwise (to my understanding) it is a marker that the oud has been improperly distilled. Oddly, from what I've read the largest segment of the non-artisinal oud consumers expect real oud to have some degree of fecal/ barn notes.

I greatly enjoy the EO1 Parfum as well and am getting good use out of the 7.5ml atomizer. Ensar's Sultan Red Rose Attar II (recently received) is the absolute gold standard for rose/ oud attars, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

AA - Royal Lao!

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding AA Kencana v3, Here are my initial impressions. Bear in mind I'm a noob. "Earthy, light ashy smoke and incense. Dry. Light florals and distant wafts of something boozy." There's much more for me to discover with Kencana v3 that's for sure. I'm extremely pleased with the 4 oud oils I've purchased from AA and Taha is a pleasure to deal with. Taha also freely sharing information to help Ouducate noobs like me. Lol.

Regarding AA Kencana v3, Here are my initial impressions. Bear in mind I'm a noob. "Earthy, light ashy smoke and incense. Dry. Light florals and distant wafts of something boozy." There's much more for me to discover with Kencana v3 that's for sure. I'm extremely pleased with the 4 oud oils I've purchased from AA and Taha is a pleasure to deal with. Taha also freely sharing information to help Ouducate noobs like me. Lol.

Kencana keeps changing every time I smell it. I initially smelled a slight smokey note but I don't get that anymore. Now I get this red hot cinnamon note. I wasn't sure if I was imagining this or not. I asked Taha about it and he said he smells that note too. These oils from Taha are very fresh and I expect them to improve over time. Royal Lao I got before it was even released and it has already improved.

Today I am wearing Ensar Oud Xiang Liao Ling from a sample. A classic Maroke profile which I enjoy. Not everyone likes the Maroke profile as it is very different from other ouds. If you haven't tried a Maroke oil, I definitely recommend trying to find one. Best ones I ever tried were Ensar's original Oud Royale and Agar Aura Syed's Ascent which was just available last year but hard to find anyone selling it.

Testing pink Papua, jungle Kinam, and Saumanasa from ensar Oud. The Kinam is especially green and creamy

Love hearing about all the Agar Aura and other Oud oils! My Royal Lao sample is amazing, and the Kencana is great as well! Hansei is a bit sharp for me right now, but going to patiently give it time. Taha is definitely extremely helpful and I look forward to see how the oils change and develop over time.

AA's Kayu Melayu. One of AA's newest malaysian oils. It truly is a bang for the buck with this oil. The oudiness in this oil is so filled with a bright shiny pine aroma which is so hard to resist. What a treat!

Scent of the Day: Abdul Samad Al Quarashi "Elite Oud Oil". Excluding Tigerwood 1995 this has probably been my most enjoyable oid experience to date.

I've tried the more expensive ASQ "Crassna' as well but nope this cheapie is easily my favorite
    Don't stank.

Gahara by La Maison Khenata - a very nice Hindi oil, soon to be released

Ombre Nomade.
    Notes break down over days, not hours. The 3rd day it’s absolutely devine.
    The best oud from a designer house I’ve smelled so far. MFK & Roja Dove need to take note, this is how it’s done.

Damn, they did a good job with this. Who would’ve thought.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by kooolaid View Post
    Hello and good evening respected members,

It’s been a long time since I posted anything on here and wanted to start up slowly again. Today I wore one of AA’s newest oils called Mardelong. It’s a wild Thai oil which is completely different from your regular tutti fruity oils. Although this oil is probably at 75% ready, it has very close similarities to one of AA’s most unique Thai oils, the Tokasan Tai. I truly cannot wait to see what kind of beauty this oil has stored in the future.
    good to have you @koolaid. i look forward to try mardelong soon. truly eye opening all these unique and less common profiles taha has been zooming in on. take nashila or hindustan 1, while both carry their region/agarwood variety signature, both pack totally unique notes not seen before...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    Kencana keeps changing every time I smell it. I initially smelled a slight smokey note but I don't get that anymore. Now I get this red hot cinnamon note. I wasn't sure if I was imagining this or not. I asked Taha about it and he said he smells that note too. These oils from Taha are very fresh and I expect them to improve over time. Royal Lao I got before it was even released and it has already improved.

Today I am wearing Ensar Oud Xiang Liao Ling from a sample. A classic Maroke profile which I enjoy. Not everyone likes the Maroke profile as it is very different from other ouds. If you haven't tried a Maroke oil, I definitely recommend trying to find one. Best ones I ever tried were Ensar's original Oud Royale and Agar Aura Syed's Ascent which was just available last year but hard to find anyone selling it.
    thnx for the data. time for me to check back with kencana as the smoke note was bit too much for my liking. but it appears to have integrated well.

have you noticed a very very dark purple floral note in drydown in XLL (violet petals , not violet aboslute which is made from leaves)? it went over my head for the first year or so of having this oil. the crude oil, lingering stain note of diesel spilled ont the ground and other classic maroke notes blinded me to see the inner radiant floral beauty.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. I received 777 from Feel Oud this week. I included it on a whim when Russian Adam suggested it. I had purchased what was left of Nayouff and 2 FO sandalwoods, all excellent. I had the same experience as you. I could not get the swipe off my wrist fast enough. That level of barn is most likely the result of bacteria which grows under unsanitary pre-soaking of the agarwood prior to distillation. I put my bottle up for sale at a loss here at BN. The ONLY barn notes I would be interested in are those that might occur faintly in the natural aroma of some Indian/ Burmese agarwoods. Otherwise (to my understanding) it is a marker that the oud has been improperly distilled. Oddly, from what I've read the largest segment of the non-artisinal oud consumers expect real oud to have some degree of fecal/ barn notes.

I greatly enjoy the EO1 Parfum as well and am getting good use out of the 7.5ml atomizer. Ensar's Sultan Red Rose Attar II (recently received) is the absolute gold standard for rose/ oud attars, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

right on! enjoy the journey. so many wonderful new experiences await you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post

not a fan either. far too pwoerful for my liking. albeit there is a desirable vintage, old school, blast from the past note in it that i cant comoletley disregard. whish the rpesentation was more open knit and cologne like.

- - - Updated - - -

What a day, two of my favorites oud oil and scents overall!!!

A little swipe of Hindustan no.1 is on my arm at the moment!

My girlfriend asked to me what smell pepper on me, she thinked that was a rest of our spicy food on my beard or something else. No it's my oud . It's true that it can smell a diluated pepper. But the description of Taha is really good «The top notes are chords of blue lotus and wildflower, that give way to a massively fat round heart of creamy wood (similar to old Mysore sandalwood), while the drydown boasts the classic Indian notes of berries, dry hay, moist tobacco, sweet wood, and spices warmed under a summer sun.»

A true perfume!

So light and etheral for a oud oil!
    baam. if you like this, but wish for a fuller, richer, sweeter and more dynamic hindi while still almost zero barn, give nashia a try. i personally prefer the minimal and ethereal quality of hindustan 1, but nashila really hits the spot too after dinner is dessert!

@jazznpool, @wood&leather,@Rasoul Salehi, I think ouds like 777 should come with a warning particularly for the uninitiated
    Personally I love it, but I can see where it would be too strong for some, I love the old school feel and the full house of flavour

Quote Originally Posted by joe king View Post
    @jazznpool, @wood&leather,@Rasoul Salehi, I think ouds like 777 should come with a warning particularly for the uninitiated
    Personally I love it, but I can see where it would be too strong for some, I love the old school feel and the full house of flavour
    Hi Joe, I'm glad to hear someone can tolerate 777. After one small swipe I put my bottle up for sale here at BN at a loss. I'm going to send Russian Adam an email but I was waiting until this week to cool down and not respond out of anger. I bought Feel Oud Nayouff which is most excellent. I then asked in an email if he recommended any other ouds. I had told him I was a noob and not fond of prominent barn. I can't imagine any oud exisits anywhere with higher or stronger barn/ decaying cheese than 777. I'm left thinking RA was more motivated to pocket an additional $200.00usd than concern for an already good customer of his brand. A typical noob experience I suppose.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Royale No.5 - Ensar Oud

Quote Originally Posted by joe king View Post
    and the full house of flavour
    that's certainly one way to put it lol

Hi Joe, I'm glad to hear someone can tolerate 777. After one small swipe I put my bottle up for sale here at BN at a loss. I'm going to send Russian Adam an email but I was waiting until this week to cool down and not respond out of anger. I bought Feel Oud Nayouff which is most excellent. I then asked in an email if he recommended any other ouds. I had told him I was a noob and not fond of prominent barn. I can't imagine any oud exisits anywhere with higher or stronger barn/ decaying cheese than 777. I'm left thinking RA was more motivated to pocket an additional $200.00usd than concern for an already good customer of his brand. A typical noob experience I suppose.

A full tola blind buy? ouch.

luckily i learned from my sample set. i knew this category of fragrances would be slim pickings after i did an entire 6 scent sampler from ensar and only enjoyed one of them and kiiiiinda liked a second. same for feel oud. Keeping a strong eye out for Tigerwood 1995 because that has been the only one i've really loved to date.
    Last edited by wood&leather; 15th January 2019 at 07:39 PM.
    Don't stank.

I believe a tola is actually 12ml and a 1/4 tola is 3ml. Way I remember it from the ASQ site anyway.

Basenotes Plus

Malik al Taif

Today I wore AgarAura's Koh Kood. This is truly an exceptional Thai/Cambodian oil. The sweetness is something very likable. Oud Yusuf opens with a pretty smell but thats all there is to it. You don't really get any true aroma of agarwood in the Yusuf. I think it is inclined more for the female crowd as it has more of a feminine aroma. Koh Kood comes and eliminates all the feminine aroma and you can actually smell the agarwood which was used in making the oil.

- - - Updated - - -

Today is AA’s basic Hindi. A recent Indian oud release which is perfect to wear on any occasion. No barn or any off setting notes. Indian oud done right. For what this bottle was sold for, I wish I had gotten the whole entire LOT. The wood for the Basic Hindi is from the same batch as Hindustan 1. Just love it!

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 LastLast