Code of Conduct
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62
Results 1,831 to 1,855 of 1855

Default Re: What are you wearing today?

Quote Originally Posted by kooolaid View Post
    Today I wore AgarAura's Koh Kood. This is truly an exceptional Thai/Cambodian oil. The sweetness is something very likable. Oud Yusuf opens with a pretty smell but thats all there is to it. You don't really get any true aroma of agarwood in the Yusuf. I think it is inclined more for the female crowd as it has more of a feminine aroma. Koh Kood comes and eliminates all the feminine aroma and you can actually smell the agarwood which was used in making the oil.

- - - Updated - - -

Today is AA’s basic Hindi. A recent Indian oud release which is perfect to wear on any occasion. No barn or any off setting notes. Indian oud done right. For what this bottle was sold for, I wish I had gotten the whole entire LOT. The wood for the Basic Hindi is from the same batch as Hindustan 1. Just love it!
    Also some Koh Kood today I like AA's budget oils almost as much as his top end oils, unfortunately I missed out on the basic Hindi, I guess you have to be quick sometimes

EO Aku Akira. A lovely Hindi to relieve the afternoon stress.
    Currently wearing: Oud Zen by Areej le Doré

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Hi Joe, I'm glad to hear someone can tolerate 777. After one small swipe I put my bottle up for sale here at BN at a loss. I'm going to send Russian Adam an email but I was waiting until this week to cool down and not respond out of anger. I bought Feel Oud Nayouff which is most excellent. I then asked in an email if he recommended any other ouds. I had told him I was a noob and not fond of prominent barn. I can't imagine any oud exisits anywhere with higher or stronger barn/ decaying cheese than 777. I'm left thinking RA was more motivated to pocket an additional $200.00usd than concern for an already good customer of his brand. A typical noob experience I suppose.
    Hi Jazznpool the 777 description on the website mentions "well rounded barnyard aroma with many nuances and total absence of unpleasant notes." I guess everyone's idea of unpleasant notes is different. I grew up on a farm, so barn to me has fond memories. Sorry that you had a bad experience with your purchase, I guess you would have been better to get the $20 sample if you are not a fan of barn notes. In my experience with Russian Adam he has been very helpful and honest and I doubt he would have been after your money. If you spend more time exploring oud oils I am sure you will find more with stronger more barny profiles.

Agar Aura - Pursat Select.

I just got this in the mail yesterday. My first time wearing it. This one is a winner. Potent and mind numbing. No barnyard. Not a typical Cambodi smell. It still has that freshly distilled smell to it but smells great and will age very nicely.

I am happy to post my impressions of the oils I wear here on BN. There are other forums where some people might not feel comfortable posting just about one brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
    Notes break down over days, not hours. The 3rd day it’s absolutely devine.
    Do you not bathe?

Ibn Zamrak - Al Hashimi
    comforting sweet wood

Basenotes Junkie

Xerjoff - Warda al Oud. & Xerjoff - Kampuchea Noir.
    Ratio: 5:2 drops, respectively.
    Result: Absolute winner.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Nashila - Agar Aura

Not your average Indian oil, and a little goes a long way. It's got some great fruity tones (more 'red berry' than the typical 'citrus rind' I've come across in the heart of most hindi oils) and a really fresh/cooling overall quality to it. Of course, it's sold out already.

I am happy to post my impressions of the oils I wear here on BN. There are other forums where some people might not feel comfortable posting just about one brand.
    Whatever, whenever and wherever you post, i highly value your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by joe king View Post
    Whatever, whenever and wherever you post, i highly value your opinion.
    Thanks Joe! Much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Today I wore AgarAura's Lavanya. The standard which Taha set in capturing the oleresin in Gen 3 style is truly a first and something which is mesmerizing. I think one of the first if not the first Indian done by Taha Gen 3 style was the beautiful Lalitya. Another first for AgarAura was capturing the Indian aroma without the barn. The Lavanya although is Nagaland, it truly doesn't disappoint at all. Mind altering Indian oil. No barn, no funky business, just straight beauty at its finest!

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Nashila - Agar Aura

Not your average Indian oil, and a little goes a long way. It's got some great fruity tones (more 'red berry' than the typical 'citrus rind' I've come across in the heart of most hindi oils) and a really fresh/cooling overall quality to it. Of course, it's sold out already.
    I wore this today as well, and really like it! I got a sample pack from Taha, and I think I like in order...

Royal Lao
    Nishila
    Kencana
    Purest Select
    Hansei

....although I think Hansei might age into a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    I wore this today as well, and really like it! I got a sample pack from Taha, and I think I like in order...

Royal Lao
    Nishila
    Kencana
    Purest Select
    Hansei

Nashila sold out already! Glad I got a bottle of it right away.
    I learned with Agar Aura oils to jump on them as soon as I can or you could miss out. I missed out on some like Ayu and Basic Hindi.
    Mardelong for me this morning. Malay Special K and Malaya this evening. These are the high end Malay oils Taha just made. These are freaking amazing! Malay Special K was a super small batch and already sold out. Malaya (highest end Malay he made) is still available I think. This isn't cheap but it is mind blowing!. If you love Malay oils this one is not to be missed. Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    I learned with Agar Aura oils to jump on them as soon as I can or you could miss out. I missed out on some like Ayu and Basic Hindi.
    Mardelong for me this morning. Malay Special K and Malaya this evening. These are the high end Malay oils Taha just made. These are freaking amazing! Malay Special K was a super small batch and already sold out. Malaya (highest end Malay he made) is still available I think. This isn't cheap but it is mind blowing!. If you love Malay oils this one is not to be missed. Just wow.
    Definitely gonna have to look into that, thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post

Royal Lao
    Nishila
    Kencana
    Purest Select
    Hansei

That's a very nice lineup and couldn't agree more!
    Regarding the Hansai, it doesn't need anymore aging. It is ready to go and firing on all cylinders! It has already been a year since it was made so alot of aging has already been done!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    Agreed! Taha's oils are something not to sit and wait. He doesn't make huge batches and when its gone then usually means its really gone. Some other vendors restock them from what they say from their own private collection making it available again. That's their oils and they can resell it or do whatever they want even though its always gone and shows up.
    Regarding the Malay oils, there isn't enough to say about them! Truly game changers and mind altering oils!

I've never been much of an Aventus fan, but I bought a small bottle of it in December, 2017. I was disappointed with it after receiving it, because I smelled almost no smoke, but an abundance of pineapple. It was actually kind of nauseating smelling.

An Aventus expert here said my batch was a "fruit bomb," and that it might need to sit for awhile to mature and blossom (as we all know some Creeds do).

I've worn it only a few times since I bought it 13 months ago, and I thought it might be smelling better. But today I wore it and I was suitably impressed. It was actually very pleasant and had good projection and longevity.

The only Creed I had ever unquestionably experienced this phenomenon with was GIT, but I'm pleased to add Aventus to the list.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Rocabar by Hermès

Basenotes Junkie

Kemi Tempest attar. Glorious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by powdernose View Post
    Do you not bathe?

Ibn Zamrak - Al Hashimi
    comforting sweet wood
    *on clothes.

AA’s Manaka Jinkoh. What a Malaysian Oil. Wow just wow. Don’t know how Taha does it. Really blessed to have tried these creations.

Quote Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
    *on clothes.
    Cool, I avoid getting fragrance on clothes, Something strong on a jacket or scarf can be there for weeks.

Rakhawah - Al Shareef Oudh

Dependent

Bond No.9 -Amouage Ref Man -PDM Layton -Kristiansand -YSL L'Homme -Dior Fahrenheit -HDP 1725 -Xerjoff 1888 -Mancera CB-RT -Creed V

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I've never been much of an Aventus fan, but I bought a small bottle of it in December, 2017. I was disappointed with it after receiving it, because I smelled almost no smoke, but an abundance of pineapple. It was actually kind of nauseating smelling.

An Aventus expert here said my batch was a "fruit bomb," and that it might need to sit for awhile to mature and blossom (as we all know some Creeds do).

I've worn it only a few times since I bought it 13 months ago, and I thought it might be smelling better. But today I wore it and I was suitably impressed. It was actually very pleasant and had good projection and longevity.

The only Creed I had ever unquestionably experienced this phenomenon with was GIT, but I'm pleased to add Aventus to the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    (Allure Sport)
    This is the oud group guys,
    oud of the day posts

AA’s Manaka Jinkoh. What a Malaysian Oil. Wow just wow. Don’t know how Taha does it. Really blessed to have tried these creations.
    Wanmei by Agar Aura
    Looking forward to trying his new Malaysian oils

Quote Originally Posted by joe king View Post
    Wanmei by Agar Aura
    Looking forward to trying his new Malaysian oils
    I have tried 2 of the 3 AA Malaysian oils and love them both with Malay Special K immediately taking over the spot of my current favorite. It blew me away with the sheer power and depth of first whiff. Malaya is waiting for me at DHL today. My SOTD right now is EO Purple Kinam which I am am enjoying very much.

Yesterday I wore the super rare Nashila, one of AgaAura’s latest releases. I revisited this oil after about a month and oh wow it just keeps getting better and better. Nashila which means intoxicating. This is a oudh oil from India. Unlike any other indian oils, I have tried. It explodes with so many colors, Golden sunshine, blue lotus, green crisp clean leaves, pink/red as cotton candy, black marrow oudh. Truly one of the best oils I have come across. The agarwood which was used in this oil was from ancient trees. I am blessed to have this one of a kind oil in collection!

Agar Aura Philipinas 2. Light smoke and piercing spice on a bed of oudy-ness.
    Habzoud Malik. Light hay-barn (non-fecal) and honey.