Code of Conduct

Default Refilling bottles

Hi,

I was just about to buy a flacon of Creed Aventus but have naively just realised that I can't actually refill my existing Creed bottle. It strikes me as odd that a company would sell what are essentially refill bottles but not allow you to actually refill your standard bottles. Is this just a counterfeit precaution or is there more to it? Do people who buy the flacons or get splits just buy an atomizer and throw away their original bottle?

Do other fragrance houses do this?

Default Re: Refilling bottles

Basically all houses crimp the atomizer to the bottle - and this is, as you say, as a counterfeit precaution. Only Lutens, as far as I can think, has atomizers that can be removed.

Most people who are interested in splits and the like simply decant into other bottles and atomizers, which are very cheap. Typically, they also don't care about the bottle per se - the perfume is kept in the dark not to expose the perfume to light.

cacio

IIRC, By Kilian bottles the atomizer can be removed.
    Wear what you want and don't listen to people who tell you that you didn't spend enough.

My swap thread.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Basically all houses crimp the atomizer to the bottle - and this is, as you say, as a counterfeit precaution. Only Lutens, as far as I can think, has atomizers that can be removed.
    Atelier Cologne also have atomizers that can be removed.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Before big businesses engage in new practices -such as offering refills - they usually engage consulting firms to assess feasibility.

Or maybe they just want people to pay full.
    for swap/sale: