Code of Conduct
Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225
Results 6,721 to 6,728 of 6728

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by That-one-guy View Post
    Jo Malone - Myrhh and tonka

First jo Malone fragrance I tried as they arent so common. And oh my God!. This is amazing!! Not sure why I havent heard people speak about this...surely it must be one you have to get? Unless it doesnt perform/ project?? Can someone tell me if they have issues with this before I spend 100 quid on it?
    Have you worn it? I haven't tried that one, but the Jo Malones that I've tried typically do not last long enough for me to bother with them.

TOBACCO VANILLE
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

DORIN – Abeyan - Loved it!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I just received in the post a free sample of Mutiny by Maison Margiela

It kinds of remind me of Bal d'Afrique by Byredo. It has that fruity, floral composition, but lighter, fresher, slightly barbershop, less feminine, but very unisex leaning fem.

It's nothing groundbreaking; it's just a regular, pleasing, well-made fragrance. Very, very nice.

If you're looking for a stinky, challenging fragrance - this ain't.

I put a couple of spritzes on my hand about two hours ago and projection is already soft.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

AMOUROUD – Lunar Wood - didn't care much for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Bottega Veneta Pour Homme

Meh. It's clean, it's green, it's serious, it's modern, it's boring and has a synthy-sharp bitter note in the base that starting to grate at me.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Bottega Veneta Pour Homme

Meh. It's clean, it's green, it's serious, it's modern, it's boring and has a synthy-sharp bitter note in the base that starting to grate at me.
    This one was shockingly boring to me as well. I don't know why they couldn't have just taken that beautiful suede & violets accord from the original femme and butched it up a little for the homme version.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    This one was shockingly boring to me as well. I don't know why they couldn't have just taken that beautiful suede & violets accord from the original femme and butched it up a little for the homme version.
    Yes, that sounds awesome! My wife has worn that sample of the feminine one (thanks!) a few times. I see it as a grown up Coco Mad., which she also likes. Suits her. I may give it a spin myself one of these days.

Side note: for clean/green/serious/modern, the Bulgari Pour Homme line (esp. original and Extreme) is much better.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225